Specialized Turbo Creo 28mph Electric Road Bike

I've only test ridden the Creo, but it was in a hilly area, where I was doing a lot of shifting between power levels. On a flat section, just before a hill, I hit a rough patch of pavement while I was reaching (and looking) over to press the level button. The front end did a bit of a dance and I thought, "Ron, don't crash this $10,000 bike!"

I my opinion what the bike needs is a power level button on top of the left side hood. That way a rider wouldn't have to take his hand off the handlebar to shift power levels.

I've only test ridden the Creo, but it was in a hilly area, where I was doing a lot of shifting between power levels. On a flat section, just before a hill, I hit a rough patch of pavement while I was reaching (and looking) over to press the level button. The front end did a bit of a dance and I thought, "Ron, don't crash this $10,000 bike!"

I my opinion what the bike needs is a power level button on top of the left side hood. That way a rider wouldn't have to take his hand off the handlebar to shift power levels.
Yes that is a danger, don't know why they didnt come up with something or offer some new version that would fit on the road handlebars.
I tested this setup today and it works 100%, really satisfied. Yes it doesn't look that good, but it really works like it supposed to.
It is nitly hidden below the stem so it is not in your face. For the reach, would be even better to put it beside the stem, but that looks even worse.
When you ride on top of the bars you just extend your thumb and you can reach the buttons really easy, no problem. Don't have to take your hands of the bars or your eyes of the road.
+/- buttons in the area of the hoods are not possible, but they could have designed something like Di2 have with climbing buttons.
That would be perfect.
1586806803287.png

Last edited:
I suspect some smart DIY Creo owner is going to install a switch on or near the hoods to making level shifting more easier and safer. Eventually, I think Specialized will figure out that moving the power level button is a good idea.

Wondering, if this will work with Creo?
Fiddling and changing modes on top tube is really starting to get annoying, especially, when you want to go to Off mode and you have to hold the button. On the road, the bike is quite capable without any assistance. On the long rides, I think will put a lot of times assistance to off mode.
Sometimes I also hit power button and shuts down everything.🤣 not good as power meter and cadence is still useful.
I temporarily borrowed Levos remote and "bodge" it up below the stem, just to see how it will work.
Very curious to hear how that works!

I think the ideal solution would be to utilize the left brake/shifter. Being that the Creo has a single chainring, this unit is not functional for shifting. It wouldn't have to be designed to shift both directions, just cycle through 1,2,3,1 same as the TCU. A quick tap from the hoods or drops while not leaving the bars would be convenient as well as safe.

Wondering, if this will work with Creo?
Fiddling and changing modes on top tube is really starting to get annoying, especially, when you want to go to Off mode and you have to hold the button. On the road, the bike is quite capable without any assistance. On the long rides, I think will put a lot of times assistance to off mode.
Sometimes I also hit power button and shuts down everything.🤣 not good as power meter and cadence is still useful.
I temporarily borrowed Levos remote and "bodge" it up below the stem, just to see how it will work.

I can see from the new Levo SL that a +/- button is used there. And the motor on that bike is essentially the same as the Creo. So...I imagine this will work. I was able to do the same with an older Turbo Levo and add the +/- control. There was a blank female connector on the Levo, just plugged it in (but had to route wire which was a pain).

Have anyone experience small creaking noises coming from the crank/axle, with motor off or on, doesn't matter?
I only need small amount of pressure on the pedals to start creaking on the flat all the time.
You can also feel, that the axel has a small play, crank arms are tightened correctly. Something inside didn't get tightened properly or faulty bearings?

Took my aluminum Creo out today with my wife. I guess so many years of riding where I am the suspension, I find it comfortable. Of course getting to our bike path system from home requires going down (then up on the way home) a dirt path. Made it both ways but 28mm tires and road clipless pedals are not the most confidence inspiring on dirt!

I have an ebike, but when I ride with my wife (on her ebike) I usually ride my carbon road bike. Often, the first 6 miles of our ride is on a gravel pathway. My wife, on her ebike with wide, cushy tires, has no problem on the gravel pathway, but I can't wait, with my 25mm wide tires, to be back on the pavement.

I have one but never weighed it but I would estimate just over 30 pounds or about as heavy as a non Electric full suspension mtb
Thanks. My guess would be a little more than 30. I don’t understand why weight is not in the specs sheet.

The Flat Bar aluminum Turbo Vado 4.0 EQ is 37 lbs as reviewed by Court.

The Flat Bar aluminum Turbo Vado 4.0 EQ is 37 lbs as reviewed by Court.

Wow, 10 pounds heavier than the Creo :oops:. I wonder why it's so much heavier.

Back