Specialized Turbo Creo 28mph Electric Road Bike

Still I agree with Dave. 10 lbs for the difference, that's a lot.

Hmmm, heavier wheels and tires. Didn't think about that. Good point there as that could easily be a couple of lbs. I guess a bit here and there and it adds up quick.

I wonder if the weight for the Creo is listed with or without pedals. Could that be another difference?

A better comparison would be the weight difference between the Creo aluminum and the aluminum Vado SL.
I believe both bikes are the same weight, or within a pound of each other.
Comparing the weight top-of-the-line carbon Creo to the Vado SL is disingenuous.

A bit off topic, but has anyone in Canada been able to buy a Vado LS?

UPDATE: I just finished a review for the Turbo Creo SL Comp Carbon models here, which includes a full list of specs and video with ride footage! I'm very impressed with the bike and love the new SL 1.1 motor system... it only weighs ~4lbs but provides a surprising amount of zip and power.

4lbs?! Where can i buy one!!

Is the aluminum Creo really 27 pounds?

I highly doubt it... the Turbo Creo Superlight is 29 lbs according to the EBR review.

Last edited:
Is the aluminum Creo really 27 pounds?

A top-of-the-line carbon Creo weighs 27 pounds and will cost you $13,500 US.
A Creo SL Comp E5 (aluminum) weighs 32/33 pounds and will cost you $5000 US.
A Vado SL 5.0 (aluminum) weights around 33 pounds and will cost you $4350 US.

Don't think for a second that all Creos weigh 27 pounds, because they don't.

The Vado SL 5.0 and Creo Comp E5 are around the same weight, but the Vado SL is $650 cheaper. On paper the Vado SL looks to be the better deal.

I just weighed my Creo SL Comp with our bathroom scale (me first, then me holding the bike). With pedals it weighs 30.5 lbs. The only differences from the stock bike would be the 2 water bottle cages (empty of bottles) and the 38mm gravel tires that I'm running tubeless.

I just weighed my Creo SL Comp with our bathroom scale (me first, then me holding the bike). With pedals it weighs 30.5 lbs.
The only differences from the stock bike would be the 2 water bottle cages (empty of bottles) and the 38mm gravel tires that I'm running tubeless.

Your bathroom scale is only accurate to +/-2 lbs... you may want to try again with a bike scale at your LBS.

I just weighed my Creo SL Comp with our bathroom scale (me first, then me holding the bike). With pedals it weighs 30.5 lbs. The only differences from the stock bike would be the 2 water bottle cages (empty of bottles) and the 38mm gravel tires that I'm running tubeless.
If that's the carbon SL 30 to 31 sounds about right. If it's the SL E5 aluminum your scale is off.

Tuesday, June 2, I will test ride a Creo. I will leave my Vado at the Spec. Concept store for check up and adjustments ( incl. in bike price).
When calling them to book my service I remembered I’d seen a medium size Creo in the shop. They confirmed that and booked a test bike for me. I think it’s a Creo Carbon Comp Evo. Now I have something to do while they work on my bike and I don’t have to use any public transport ( not too fond of that during pandemic).
This will be fun I think. I just got to ride a Vado SL 4 for a few minutes when I was at a another bike shop this afternoon to get handlebars for my Vado 5. It was closing time so I just did a very short test ride and didn’t even have time to adjust seat height. I got very interested I must say.

Other than riding position, I would think the Creo and Vado SL would ride fairly similarly. Regardless, interested to hear your impressions after the test ride.

DT Swiss 350 Hubs are nice and smooth, available with Boost spacing. As are most nice hubs out there. I just built up a nice set for my Vado.

Isn't there another issue? The Rovals on the Creo are a 24 hole. So far I've found DT and I9 make a 24 that would work. White Industries has a rear 24 hole hub 148x12 with boost but their front doesn't match.

Attachments

• specialized-turbo-creo-sl-comp-carbon-evo.png
    specialized-turbo-creo-sl-comp-carbon-evo.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 392
Last edited:
I have a Garmin 530 with the Creo expert.
As the expert is Di2, I also have the electronic gear integration.

I have the Garmin 530 so I can have a graphic display of my current gear along with it's numerical value on the top row of the display.
I also have the Di2 battery level on another page.
All the Creo info also connected to the 530 automatically. Rider power, speed, cadence and assist mode.
Makes for a very nice system.
Also added the Garmin radar light. This thing is amazing for road use. I thought it would be good but it's even better than expected.

I have a Garmin 530 with the Creo expert.
As the expert is Di2, I also have the electronic gear integration.

I have the Garmin 530 so I can have a graphic display of my current gear along with it's numerical value on the top row of the display.
I also have the Di2 battery level on another page.
All the Creo info also connected to the 530 automatically. Rider power, speed, cadence and assist mode.
Makes for a very nice system.
Also added the Garmin radar light. This thing is amazing for road use. I thought it would be good but it's even better than expected.
How’d you get it to hook up with your bike?

Just hit 'sensors' and it finds a power meter, speed/cadance sensor and ebike
The Creo is fully wireless and ready to go.
Nothing to add with the Garmin, at least the better models and recent years.

I bought the Comp E5 because my Giant Road-E was way too punchy, doing too much of the work even in the lowest assist mode. Not getting electric shifting was a mistake. I should have gone for the Expert Di2...now not sure why I didn't. Currently exploring a SRAM Force eTap installation because I don't want to bother with the internal cable routing. I'll likely make a thread about it when I get started.

The volumes of info you all provided in this thread were immensely helpful. Thank you.

Just hit 'sensors' and it finds a power meter, speed/cadance sensor and ebike
The Creo is fully wireless and ready to go.
Nothing to add with the Garmin, at least the better models and recent years.
Holly molly that was a breeze. THANK YOU!!!!! I've had this for 6 months and spent some amount of time banging my head against the wall. Whoohoo!!!!
😃😃😃😂:p

So wait do I still need the other sensors that I put on the bike now that I can use use the sensors in the e-bike?

I bought the Comp E5 because my Giant Road-E was way too punchy, doing too much of the work even in the lowest assist mode. Not getting electric shifting was a mistake. I should have gone for the Expert Di2...now not sure why I didn't. Currently exploring a SRAM Force eTap installation because I don't want to bother with the internal cable routing. I'll likely make a thread about it when I get started.

The volumes of info you all provided in this thread were immensely helpful. Thank you.
Can you retroactively have electric shifting put into the bike?

Can you retroactively have electric shifting put into the bike?

I'm out in Vancouver. My LBS said it won't void the warranty re: battery or frame if I switch mech parts, but they're not responsible for faults. Speed Theory and Dunbar Cycles both say it's more than possible. The cables can be routed internally or externally, and the battery can be mounted in the seatpost.

I'm currently trying to find a GRX RX815 Di2 groupset so I can keep the gravel aesthetic, but you can mix and match any Di2 gruppo. So you can buy cheap Ultegra 8070 shifters, mix with a Deore XT Di2 rear derailleur (or any that will take an 11-42t cassette), and you're golden. Throws all my eTap dreams out the window, but electric shifting is electric shifting.

For the curious, you can find the Di2 cross-group compatibility list here.

Last edited:
Back