Specialized Turbo Creo 28mph Electric Road Bike

Anyone have advice on cleaning and general maintenance? I want to make sure I don’t screw anything up by taking it apart And cleaning my bike.

I'm out in Vancouver. My LBS said it won't void the warranty re: battery or frame if I switch mech parts, but they're not responsible for faults. Speed Theory and Dunbar Cycles both say it's more than possible. The cables can be routed internally or externally, and the battery can be mounted in the seatpost.

I'm currently trying to find a GRX RX815 Di2 groupset so I can keep the gravel aesthetic, but you can mix and match any Di2 gruppo. So you can buy cheap Ultegra 8070 shifters, mix with a Deore XT Di2 rear derailleur (or any that will take an 11-42t cassette), and you're golden. Throws all my eTap dreams out the window, but electric shifting is electric shifting.

For the curious, you can find the Di2 cross-group compatibility list here.
I updated the GRX to DI2/xtr, keeping my crankset, without any issues.

I updated the GRX to DI2/xtr, keeping my crankset, without any issues.

What are the $ savings if doin it like that vs buying the Creo expert that comes with the Di2 ?
There's also the aero wheelset that comes with the Xpert. Is only a Roval brand , is worth maybe 5-600$.

What are the $ savings if doin it like that vs buying the Creo expert that comes with the Di2 ?
There's also the aero wheelset that comes with the Xpert. Is only a Roval brand , is worth maybe 5-600$.

At the time of purchase, the cheapest Di2 Creo was the SL Expert at $9,999. The Comp E5 was $5,999 when I bought it, and $6,499 now with the USD-CAD exchange rate being mad and all. If I go with what @sdbikegirl suggested and switch to Di2 XTR with the Praxis crankset, I could get the whole Di2 system in for under $1,000CAD.

At the time of purchase, the cheapest Di2 Creo was the SL Expert at $9,999. The Comp E5 was $5,999 when I bought it, and $6,499 now with the USD-CAD exchange rate being mad and all.

I doubt the increase was due to the USD/CAD exchange rate. In the last month the Canadian dollar has actually increased in value compared to the US buck.
May 9th the Canadian dollar was worth $0.7176 and today (June 8th) it's worth $0.7451.
I think Specialized raised the price because they could.

I agree with Deacon and was thinking the same thing. The bike has sold well and it is difficult to get one, so raise the price. When I bought my bike it was $5k US and $6k Cdn. by straight exchange the bike should have been priced over $6,500 from the beginning. I saw the price discrepancy and jumped on it quickly because I was concerned they'd raise the price and they did.

I doubt the increase was due to the USD/CAD exchange rate. In the last month the Canadian dollar has actually increased in value compared to the US buck.
May 9th the Canadian dollar was worth $0.7176 and today (June 8th) it's worth $0.7451.
I think Specialized raised the price because they could.
At $6499 that would be the comp carbon evo.

I meant that a $5k US bike (E5 Comp) with exchange at that time would have been more than $6,500 Cdn. if you just did straight exchange.

I meant that a $5k US bike (E5 Comp) with exchange at that time would have been more than $6,500 Cdn. if you just did straight exchange.
How are your sales taxes applied in Canada? If the listed price includes taxes that makes a big difference. US prices are all pre tax as states all have different tax rates so we have to add that when considering a larger purchase.

How are your sales taxes applied in Canada? If the listed price includes taxes that makes a big difference. US prices are all pre tax as states all have different tax rates so we have to add that when considering a larger purchase.
I'm not sure about the rest of Canada, but in British Columbia a 12% sales tax is added to the regular price of the bike.
So, an aluminum Creo, at $6499 would cost $7,278.88 after applied taxes.

Just for the heck of it I priced out the S Works Turbo Creo SL......$17,358.88 after taxes. :(

I'm not sure about the rest of Canada, but in British Columbia a 12% sales tax is added to the regular price of the bike.
So, an aluminum Creo, at $6499 would cost $7,278.88 after applied taxes.

Just for the heck of it I priced out the S Works Turbo Creo SL......$17,358.88 after taxes. :(
Okay, I was not sure if listed prices were before or after taxes. Ouch.

Funny enough, there’s only a 5% tax on non-pedelec bikes in BC. The 12% tax is levied on pedelecs, which are significantly more expensive.

Last post on Creo range, I promise....

Just showing again that the 80mi (128km) range for just the internal battery advertised by Specialized is for me very conservative and in typical conditions I can go much further.
This is from a fairly average ride yesterday, although there was some headwind/tailwind. Settings are as usual, Sport selected with settings shown. Just using the internal battery.
Bike turned on at start of ride and nothing touched after that. I was riding with one other person, side by side all the way so no drafting at all.
On the graph below red is my heart rate and grey is my speed.
There was a slight headwind during the first part of the ride and you can see from the graphs below I was sticking close to the 27.5km/hr where the boost cuts out.
The middle part of the ride (from about 38km to 48km mark) has some hills (up to 20%) and then a tailwind home so frequently above the 27.5km/hr motor cutoff.

View attachment 43772
View attachment 43766 View attachment 43767 At 33km have used 13% battery

View attachment 43768 At 40km with first climb, have used 20%

View attachment 43769 End of second climb 33% battery usage

View attachment 43771 At the coffee shop, used very little battery between 48km and 87 km due to tailwind.

Extrapolating these figures, on this type of ride I could expect something like 100/41 x 87 or just over 200km range.

Would you happen to know roughly how many watt hours per mile you get? Anywhere near 10?

I am trying to answer this question:

fwiw - Over several rides I have been using about 2 to 2.5 wh/km over many rides. One ride when I used Smart Control and set it to turn on the motor when my HR hit 135, I used 0.6 wh/km or roughly 1 wh/mile for a 70 km ride.

But that is riding at fairly slow speeds. If I raised my average speed significantly I know the battery consumption would go up a lot. Due to COVID I have not been able to ride with a group of friends who are fairly fast, so haven't tested the range at fast group riding speeds.

I am experiencing about 2 wh/mile on an average ride but my average speed tends to be around 15 mph. I compare miles against battery % used and it runs around 2.0 to 2.5 miles/% depending on wind and elevation gain. My highest consumption was on the 6,500 ft, 22 mile climb up Mt Lemmon in Tucson. I only had 10% battery remaining at the top and fortunately it was all down hill back to my vehicle. That calculates to only 1/4 mile per battery %, or 13.6 wh/mile! I don’t think average speed is of much importance on a ride like that since the consumption was entirely from the grind of the climb.

Back