Specialized Creo Changes

anh012345

I'm thinking of buying the 2020 Creo SL Expert but before I do I want to find out:
1) If it is possible to tune it to remove the 25kmh limit in Europe (I think the BadassBox 4.0 looks like it should work? https://www.badassebikes.com/en/bad...sbox-4-specialized-set-turbo-levo-2019/a-158/ ); and,
2) Whether it is possible to fit a bigger front ring than the 46t one Specialized install - if so, any recommendation re brand / size (50t?)..?
Thanks for any help
Andy

I have made massive changes to make Creo Carbon Comp and changed the weight from 14kg to 12kg with some carefully considered changes. The worse item on the Creo is the cassette, the 11 to 42 gearing was the first thing I changed. The front ring is standard 110bcd, so many MTB ring fit and I change to a 38T at half the weight. The make up for the loss of gearing on the back, I swapped to an XD driver and used the E-Thirteen 9 to 34 cassette. This change saved half a kilo from the bike and I have better gear than the original. The E-Thirteen cassette is 230g vs 550g !!!

I disagree, the worst things on Creo Comp an E5 are the wheels, at least for heavy riders and/or gravel use.
Also you should no overexaggerate the weights three times:
The original sunrace cassette 11-42 is about 494g (not 550g), my XT 11-42 ist only 58g less.
The E-Thirteen 9-34 is 274g (not 230g).
500g - (550g-230g) =180g. So your original 44T Chain ring was 360g? I Di not measure teh creo one, but a cheap standard 44T chain ring is about 90-95g, a very expensive 38T about 60g less.
So overall you saved not 500g but maybe about 280-285g with these changes. What is great and I will think of the same of my cassette is worn out.
What more changes did you do? But please the right weights... ;-)
As you say 14kg before, your also have the Evo version, so surely the dropper post to a fix carbon post? That was my first step, after I tried the dropper post a while and decied, that I will need it very rarely. This saves about 300-340g depending on the new seat post.
I also changed the stem to a good light alloy one (not to light and no carbon) which saved about 50-55g.
The levers and screws at the axles (just one lever in the bordcase...), which saved about 40g.
Cassette to XT, -58g.
Overall about 480g so far. Than - more important - better wheels much stronger but also about 380g lighter. So I'm at 860g less at the moment or 12,8kg (XL) withoug pedals and everything. Maybe I will change the cranks in a few weeks to carbon ones from Praxis (which I are on the S-Works Creo), what might save maybe 80-100g per crank.

I have E5 and wanted to know what lighter wheetset did you put? YOu changed Stem as well?

Back