specialized creo 2

I picked up a new Creo 2 Comp recently to use as a several-day-a-week commuter bike. I have two routes I can use from home to work and back. One is 16 miles each way, and the other is 23.5 miles each way but a nicer ride. When I searched for this bike in my size, Specialized only showed two available in stores on the East Coast of the U.S. I drove a few hours to a neighboring state, and snagged this one. I also got a range extender battery.

Looking forward to putting it to some regular use.
Nice looking bike and great rack/pannier setup. Did you opt for the QR dropout mounts? I like the versatility of their universal thru axle kit which allows me to fit the rack on to several different bikes.

Could you possibly post a photo if you get a chance? My bike was all set up prior to my collecting it so I never had any input on where the buttons would go.
Sure, one showing the remotes location on the hood and one with my hand in its usual riding position. Where I have them I do no have to adjust my hand to reach the remotes just move my thumb back a bit. This was the recommended location from the bike shop when they asked me where I wanted the remotes to be. You do not have to cut a hole in the hood cover if you just want to try the remote location, it'll work fine. I had to get my defective right shifter replaced so I have tried it both under and poking through the hood cover and I like the extra tactile feel of the button poking through, easier to find with thick gloves on too.

Attachments

• 20240507_152854.jpg
    20240507_152854.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20240507_153522.jpg
    20240507_153522.jpg
    317.2 KB · Views: 28
Sure, one showing the remotes location on the hood and one with my hand in its usual riding position. Where I have them I do no have to adjust my hand to reach the remotes just move my thumb back a bit. This was the recommended location from the bike shop when they asked me where I wanted the remotes to be. You do not have to cut a hole in the hood cover if you just want to try the remote location, it'll work fine. I had to get my defective right shifter replaced so I have tried it both under and poking through the hood cover and I like the extra tactile feel of the button poking through, easier to find with thick gloves on too.
Thanks for this - IMHO this should be the default setup!

Back