Special Order 2015 Full-E from Germany?

Mike leroy

The earliest giant re-entry into the U.S. market is July 2016. Are you wiling to wait one year?

I am willing to wait until SyncDrive technology reaches the USA. I would be happy with the Haibike SDuro (not XDuro), but Currie Technologies only gave me an evasive, non-response.

The hills in my neighborhood are 10% to 20% grade. I am fully conditioned to running and walking fast in this area. Bicycle uphill speeds are constrained to 3-10 mph, with or without power.

The walk assist feature is very nice (about 20 seconds into the video). In my park, people complain about bicyclist speed. I want to carry 50 pounds of groceries up a 10% grade. Walk assist makes the bike less objectionable to other people.

Does anyone know the max walk-assist speed ? I could only find that it depends upon gear. Higher gears go faster. Does "run-assist" speed exist? Walk-assist around 10mph on 10% grades would be perfect for my purposes. Much better than pedaling 50 pounds at a much slower speed! Call me GhostRider!

Is a throttle a better way to achieve "run-assist"? If so, 8Fun BBS02 is less hassle than dealing with Germany. I hope is no such a special case, as to be a message-in-a-bottle.

I do not need to pedal up the 18% grade from the park, which makes the bike more practical. I can probably climb uphill faster running with the bike. I already outrun bicyclists on 7.5% grades (passing at 9mph). A bicyclist needs to generate 300W to go 9mph on a 10% grade.

Does anyone know of a rack that can support 50 pounds? The racks that attach to the seat post are generally limited to 25 pounds.

A bike best suited to my neighborhood is expensive. The 2016 Yamaha PES1 motorcycle may be a better option, depending upon price.

I hope to special order one from Germany. I sent an email to a German Giant headquarters on 2/20/2015. Not possible to ship to USA.

Full-E Review is great!
  • WERBETESTRAEDER Giant
  • Mettmanner Straße 25
  • 40699 Erkrath
  • Phone: +49211
  • Fax: +49/
  • E-Mail: [email protected]

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Step 2: The Pedalplus sensor system precisely registers the amount of force you’re putting into the pedals and your moving speed. This information is sent directly to the I2 driver unit. Giant combines 4 sensors: human torque, motor speed, cadence and bicycle speed.

Step 3: The I2 driver unit receives the information from the PedalPlus sensors. Via its proprietary software, it is able to send a smoothed-out power curve demand to the EnergyPak power source. Accurate computing allows to maintain an ideal cadence, and makes power consumption more efficient.

The response of this sensor smoothens the ride, especially after every stop. This sensor is inside the motor of central Syncdrives

Step 4: The high-capacity Lithium-ion battery pack produces more power and a longer riding range. The EnergyPak communicates with the I2 driver to deliver just the right amount of power to the SyncDrive motor.

Step 5: Thanks to Giants proprietary Sine Wave software and integrated motor sensors(video), Giant offers you a smooth and quietly on your ride. Because of the wide range of motors, you can choose the most suitable version.

"Since a FET is a simple ON/OFF switch, the power changes to the stator coils is abrupt. Hubs are well-known to be quieter than geared motors or exposed chain-drive non-hub systems. However, even though direct-drives hubs are fairly quiet, there is a certain mild “buzz” that comes with them because of the “square-wave” of the abrupt on/off of using FETs. They are fairly quiet when maintaining cruise speed, but the buzz is noticeable when trying to accelerate from a stop.

A sine-wave controller is a completely different animal. They still use FETs, but they manage them in a different way. If the common operation of a FET is like an on/off wall light-switch in a room in your house, a sine-wave is like a dimmer switch, where the applied power is dialed-up with a smooth curve to a peak “on” level, and then a smooth curve back to off."

Features Translation:
  • Leistungsfähiges 27,5" E-All Mountain Bike mit SRAM X01 1x11 (30T)
  • GIANT 250W SyncDrive C Mittelmotor powered by Yamaha, 36V-13.8Ah (500Wh), 80Nm, 3.5kg, kompakte Abmessungen
    • 2 HOURS of riding
  • 127mm Smart-Link Federungssystem zur Minimierung von Antriebseinflüssen
  • (Suspension system to minimize torque steer)

• Absenkbare Federgabel (140~110mm), Contact SL Switch Remote-Sattelstütze (front/rear shocks)

.(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

RAHMEN
Rahmenhöhen
s,m,l,xl
Farbe Sedanblack-Grabberblue Matt-Gloss
Rahmen GIANT Full-E+ 27.5" AluxX SL Aluminium für SyncDriveC Mittelmotor, 127mm Smart-Link, OverDrive Steuerrohr, interne Zugverlegung, Ausfallenden kompatibel mit 12mm-Steckachse
Gabel RockShox Revelation 27.5" RCT3 DualPosition Air, 140~110mm, 1¼"~1½"-OverDrive2 Alu-Schaft, 15mm-Steckachse
Dämpfer RockShox Monarch RL

KOMPONENTEN
Lenker
GIANT Contact SL TR RiserBar, 19mm Rise, 31.8x730
Vorbau GIANT Contact SL, ±8°, 31.8
Sattelstütze GIANT Contact SL Switch-Remote, Vario-Stütze, 30.9x400, 100mm Absenkung
Sattel GIANT Contact Upright
Pedale GIANT by Wellgo B087 Plattform

ANTRIEB UND BREMSEN (Powertrain and brakes)
Bremsen
SRAM Guide RS, Hydraulik-Scheibenbremse, Centerline-Rotoren, 180mm
Bremshebel
SRAM Guide RS MatchMaker X
Kassette SRAM X1 X-GLIDE™ 1180-11f. (10-42T)
Kette KMC X10 (chain)
Kurbelsatz FSA SL-K Carbon, Kettenführung

LAUFRÄDER
Felgen
(wheel) GIANT P-TRX-1 Laufrad-System,
20mm G69-Alu Clincher-Felge, geöst,
G69 20mm aluminum clincher rim with eyelets [prefer 23mm forSchwable ProCore]
Tubeless-kompatibel, 21-584, 15mm-/12mm-Steckachse, 28/28 Speichen
Reifen Schwalbe Nobby Nic Evolution, faltbar, 57-584

SONSTIGES
Extras
Glocke
Gewicht (kg) 20.7

HYBRID CYCLING TECHNOLOGY

Motor
GIANT powered by Yamaha SyncDriveC Mittelmotor, 250W, 80Nm
Sensor
GIANT powered by Yamaha PedalPlus 4-fach Sensorik
Display Zentrales GIANT LC-Display mit Sport-RideControl in Griffnähe
Akku GIANT EnergyPakF Lithium-Ionen Unterrohr-Akku,
36V-13.8Ah (500Wh) [prefer 48V], abschließbar

When Bosch makes a motorcycle like the PES1, I will place Bosch above Yamaha.

I am not interested in the "1", which is listed on the international site (but not the zero):

Review:

Giant has brought to the full- E + 1 is an extremely well designed and very well-functioning e- mountain bike on the market, it scores with a super chassis, successful geometry and good equipment, only the cockpit and the lack of seat post it spoil the overall impression of a little, but can be easily " upgrade " the merchants.

Attachments

• Full-E-0.jpg
    Full-E-0.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,413
  • Full-E-1.jpg
    Full-E-1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,389
  • GiantFullEParts.png
    GiantFullEParts.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,458
  • GiantFullEComponents.png
    GiantFullEComponents.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 1,444
  • GiantFullESpecs.png
    GiantFullESpecs.png
    139.2 KB · Views: 1,221
  • GiantFullESecurity.png
    GiantFullESecurity.png
    165.6 KB · Views: 1,352
Last edited:
Bafang's 48v setup pulls wheelies without peddling. Their new 1,000w motors will be even stronger, incorporate a shift sensor to cut the motor during shifts AND comes in the 90mm bb size Giant's take.
I bought a showroom new 2012 Trance (cheapest model) for $800. About $1200 for Bafang's setup if they don't go up a bunch and you've got a Haibike type ride (potentially way better suspension, the cheaper Haibikes are pretty basic) for less than 1/2 the cost.
Lot more power too. ;)
I love the Haibikes and their more sophisticated drive system, but the very pretty bike is nothing special component wise to be costing as much as it does. With hydro forming of aluminum even cheaper bikes can look pretty trick now. My $1600 new Giant comes with the same fork as that $4500 Haibike, the better Trance models (mine is bottom of 4) come with progressively upgraded suspension and other components. The more expensive Haibikes do as well, but at a much steeper price jump due to the upgraded battery and drive.

Bet the E Giant will be 5k.

Last edited:
Bafang's 48v setup pulls wheelies without peddling. Their new 1,000w motors will be even stronger, incorporate a shift sensor to cut the motor during shifts AND comes in the 90mm bb size Giant's take.
I bought a showroom new 2012 Trance (cheapest model) for $800. About $1200 for Bafang's setup if they don't go up a bunch and you've got a Haibike type ride (potentially way better suspension, the cheaper Haibikes are pretty basic) for less than 1/2 the cost.
Lot more power too. ;)
I love the Haibikes and their more sophisticated drive system, but the very pretty bike is nothing special component wise to be costing as much as it does. With hydro forming of aluminum even cheaper bikes can look pretty trick now. My $1600 new Giant comes with the same fork as that $4500 Haibike, the better Trance models (mine is bottom of 4) come with progressively upgraded suspension and other components. The more expensive Haibikes do as well, but at a much steeper price jump due to the upgraded battery and drive.

Bet the E Giant will be 5k.

I've been THIS close to saying "screw all this research and do it yourself crud just buy a Haibike" several times. But you really can duplicate it pretty easily (unless you gotta have the Yamaha) for a lot less money.

I've been THIS close to saying "screw all this research and do it yourself crud just buy a Haibike" several times. But you really can duplicate it pretty easily (unless you gotta have the Yamaha) for a lot less money.
Have you read the problems people have had with Bosch motor clogging up in the mud, including Haibike?
Right now, I am leaning towards Polaris Aapex. However, I am not entirely thrilled with the bike.

My road is scheduled to be "calmed" down to two lanes, from four. I makes more sense to wait until I see what happens to the two decommissioned lanes.

No I hadn't heard that. But I won't be riding in mud anyway. I've been riding dirt motorcycles my whole life and have 2 now. I HATE mud. PITA to clean up after and at 55 it's not the big yuck it was 30 years ago to ride in either.
My full suspension bike is for soaking up potholes and such on road and an occasional mild dirt trail. ;)

No I hadn't heard that. But I won't be riding in mud anyway. I've been riding dirt motorcycles my whole life and have 2 now. I HATE mud. PITA to clean up after and at 55 it's not the big yuck it was 30 years ago to ride in either.
My full suspension bike is for soaking up potholes and such on road and an occasional mild dirt trail. ;)
The chain locks up and throws you off the bike. Seriously dangerous

The chain locks up and throws you off the bike. Seriously dangerous

http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/a-couple-of-bosch-drive-system-issues.1167/

Back