Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

like, any mountain bike video, ever? Riding over a log is practically a requisite. Try harder next time!

On a serious note, the bad rubbing brake is probably a bent rotor, fairly common. An untrue wheel wouldn't normally affect the brake and rotor. Happens to bikes direct buyers ask the time...granted bikes direct will respond promptly and send a replacement!

This bike looks like a "off-Road mountain capable bike" - but in NO WAY is this bike designed to meet that EXPECTATION. NO WAY

People will get injured when this bike falls apart. Does the owners manual describe how to use the bike? (even then it might not matter depending on what State you are in) I mention a legal term "Strict liability as the primary talking point" Another term is Failure to Warn.

On the brakes, looking at something in person would be allot easier and more accurate than looking at something on a video. However, The real point is HOW DOES IT GET FIXED, WHAT IS THE PROCESS? Where do the parts and labor come from? Who pays for it? Why does the bike need adjustment or remediation out of the box? How many bikes out of 10,000 (Storms number) are going to have issues.

-----

Mike, the guy who bought the ebike is happy, as anyone riding an ebike for the first time would be. Perhaps Storm will be ebike 1.0 for him and hopefully he will find his way here.

-------

If it was a warped rotor you would hear rubbing on the caliper (which you might have anyway on new brake set). The rotor could be trued with a fork.

The user talks about the condition subsiding when the whole wheel is skewed off the center of the fork. It is not an issue whereby the rotor hits or rubs against the caliper. When he moves the wheel off center he is essentially centralizing the brake over the rotor; and decentralizing the wheel to the center of the fork. He could loosen the brake from the fork, grip the brake handle, and then tighten the brake to the fork thereby centering the brake to the rotor. He could try that, but it might not be the problem

The frame has two posts and onto the frame sits the caliper; Sometimes you might find a washer-set from the brake manufacturer to fit between the caliper and the frame; then there should be two screws for tilt. The frame mounts could be out of tolerance which would be a manufacturing defect.

----

Evidently the reversed fork struck again.

----

Product liability, serviceability, parts, law, defects; “honey badger don't care"

Last edited:
Kyle here. I posted the video and am setting up velomobileshop.com. I won't be checking the forum all the time, but figured I'd stop in and say hello. With specific questions, it may be best to email me at [email protected] or through the website. I may not get back here often.

I'm happy to answer questions about the storm bike. I've posted info every once in awhile on the facebook group for it. I've used it to commute several days now.

It takes me about 30 minutes on my road bike to commute uphill. Storm was just over 20 mins, velomobile is faster at 15 minutes. The velo has a mid drive, 350 watt motor and has both tire and aero advantages, so I expected it to be faster. The video was on the downhilll route. The video ends on a very steep uphill. No sense showing everyone where I live! :)

The morgan pedal car is not a copy. I am working directly with the company. Feel free to contact them - they'll refer you back to me. :) we are working together to build a specific US version, hence the upcoming kickstarter launch. It will have a 750 watt motor (instead of 1,000) to be legal here. We'll also be upgrading US versions to have a 48v, 15ah lithium battery. More details to come soon.

Kyle here. I posted the video and am setting up velomobileshop.com. I won't be checking the forum all the time, but figured I'd stop in and say hello. With specific questions, it may be best to email me at [email protected] or through the website. I may not get back here often.

I'm happy to answer questions about the storm bike. I've posted info every once in awhile on the facebook group for it. I've used it to commute several days now.

It takes me about 30 minutes on my road bike to commute uphill. Storm was just over 20 mins, velomobile is faster at 15 minutes. The velo has a mid drive, 350 watt motor and has both tire and aero advantages, so I expected it to be faster. The video was on the downhilll route. The video ends on a very steep uphill. No sense showing everyone where I live! :)

The morgan pedal car is not a copy. I am working directly with the company. Feel free to contact them - they'll refer you back to me. :) we are working together to build a specific US version, hence the upcoming kickstarter launch. It will have a 750 watt motor (instead of 1,000) to be legal here. We'll also be upgrading US versions to have a 48v, 15ah lithium battery. More details to come soon.

Thanks for dropping by. We look forward to your thoughts on the Sondors bike. Congrats!

Welcome, your impressions on the Storm are appreciated, and btw the Velomobile is super-sweet (and I edited the previous comment accordingly). Again, your/the Velomobile is awesome!

There is a fellow that builds gas powered cycle carts you might want to check out on youtube.

Last edited:

That was great, I like the way he elbowed his buddies out of the way to pass them... The fat tires really proved the worth on this trail... But for some reason I feel thirsty after watching that.. I hope this guys posts more videos.. and hopefully can give us a
review/grade??

I enjoyed the article - worth noting my primary concern is with the false claims and spec exaggerations - nobody seems
Bothered about the false claims and deceit involved with the shipping guarantee - I guess as long as a hike is received seems that sondors is a hero

I enjoyed the article - worth noting my primary concern is with the false claims and spec exaggerations - nobody seems
Bothered about the false claims and deceit involved with the shipping guarantee - I guess as long as a hike is received seems that sondors is a hero

Not that I have any stake of course - it didn't really bother me that they missed their shipping mark (that is beyond common in crowdfunding), however what was bothersome was that the shipping date all of a sudden became the in production date and was just widely accepted as the truth. That would have irked me personally, but it doesn't seem to have bothered any of the contributors, so it is one I think you're just going to have to let slide at some point!

Oh shucks, wrong false claim. :)

The one I was referring to was Sondors gaurantee of shipping less than $194(?) and when volume of sales known it will be less.... Much less..... And then $194 was lowest we could go.

Probably worth as much as Sondors 30 day guarantee as it happens.

Lets face it, if the vast majority of folks receive bikes for their hard earned dollars, I will be surprised as well as happy for them.
Does not seem to be a bad bike for the price. Lets see what happens over the next 30 days.

Despite being warned their monies were being absconded, despite dire predictions they would receive nothing or, maybe at best, an empty box with the name 'Sonders' on it, despite being warned they'd have nothing but a pile of parts in a box (if they received anything at all that is), despite predictions that UPS could not manage to deliver anything in good condition in the U.S., despite claims that the shipment would not pass through the port or US customs (assuming there was really a shipment at all), despite conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory, what we've witnessed so far are people in the U.S. getting shipping confirmations, and then several posting about receiving their ebikes and a few documenting in pictures and video their enjoyment of their ebike. I expect we'll see more pictures and video.

Sondors, to me it is the quintessential demonstration of consumerism in action.

1) Market something so well it evokes a feeling of emotion
2) Have those emotions spontaneously erupt in a flurry of orders
3) Rely on the sharing of those emotions to reinforce decision making
4) Add some drama by bilking the party that made your successful in manipulating emotions

Mesmerizing.

At $160 here is the next "must have device"

http://tinyurl.com/nopuljj

Last edited:

News Feed
News Feed

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

Storm E-Bike
6 hrs ·
Photo of the Day from backer Nick! ‪#‎GoSondors‬

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
"}' data-reactid=".id">Like · Comment ·

I'm not really sure that the picture signifies anything.. I don't think Sondor Co would do it, two reasons, they don't volunteer any information, why would they start now, and two, I think they'd realise it would be picked up. I cant see it as part of a conspiracy theory, maybe if the forks were reversed :)

I can only assume an immature fan did it, for reasons unknown. SamIAmNot may be able to give an idea on the thinking behind this?

I actually explained the image. But the moderators deleted my response. Still having a conversation about that.

Of course, those of you subscribed to this thread can just look in your inbox.

Last edited:
Back