Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

Personally I feel that is unfair to state so - there seem to be 10 owners so far or did I miss the 6990 waiting for their bikes? Nobody is abused or criticised for donating to Sondors, it was the Owners Group that was set up behind closed doors, ejecting people who asked questions, all wooden doors and secrecy - as are the shipping details, no of bikes shipped although their FB page says all bikes are now made, just not shipped etc yawn. Any Sondors owner is as welcome as the next person to discuss and engage but there are only 5-10 that I know of, seems to be a rollout of 10 bikes, any other estimates? afaik court has been very open and very fair, it is Ivars who has every reason to keep matters shut and to run his business akin to a religious cult.

Whereas there are fun and enjoyable elements to forum activity I find the whole thing fascinating more than anything - I like looking at the mechanics (not in the bike) of what Sondors is trying to do, it's like watching a really gripping 12 episode saga and we are currently on episode 6 - as with all decent sagas nobody knows what the ending will be, and with the Court Hearing coming up it offers an avenue to fold the operation claiming whatever he will - I remain gripped.

Reactions: wa5
Say it ain't so! You mean, the owners actually know something about the bike that FTC doesn't? Surely that's blasphemy?

We'll throw you a small bone, since we don't want you to get too lost in the wilderness:

Is that a picture of your bike? A Bafang motor is actually not bad and very serviceable? I don't think it is a BMP or CST which are the mainstay Bafang motors. The motor is too small to be the BMP or CST which would have been sweet.

(If you want to understand how an ebike motor of this type works, take your electric drill apart)

This might be it;
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

What is also missing; a matched Bafang controller, the modular Bafang wire harness which makes the components easily connectable, and the nice Bafang Torque sensor ($60 wholesale) or even a basic Pedelec.

My Bafang contact in China had no record of an order that aligned with Storm's project. There are allot of motors that are sold to intermediaries in large quantities at steep discounts. There is no reason that 10,000 (<-this is Storm's number in the court documents) could not be ordered directly from the manufacturer which would have been a major major advantage. I don't think this was done.

Then again we are back to the tiny spokes. If you were to buy a motor and a laced wheel directly from Bafang the gauge would be much thicker! So would the rim. The disk brake looks puny as well.

Can you take a look at the batteries.

Last edited:
It reminds me, actually, of Lord of the Flies. (Hint: You don't want to be Piggy)

http://www.shmoop.com/lord-of-the-flies/piggy-quotes.html

Yep, all these concerns (on this board and on behalf of buyers) could have been addressed easily. Communication from Storm could have shut down all of our speculation (it could have provided post-sales support). Communication adds cost and perhaps that is why there is none. The outstanding judgment and lawsuit are a form of communication.

The low threshold of delivering a bike anyone could have ordered direct from China will be considered a success.

Lord of the Flies it is.

“We've got to have rules and obey them. After all, we're not savages. We're English, and the English are best at everything.”
William Golding, Lord of the Flies

According to the link, that motor utilizes 12 or 13 guage spokes. The moderators on this site created a specific area for Sondors bike recipients to write their opinions/review of their Sondors bike. So far within their own 10 bike culture, the claims are huge. Like 90 minutes charge time. But when called out, oh, it was partly charged already. Makes me wonder...
I have done it privately, now I will do it publicly. My apologies to EU.

Hurley kudos to you it is not necessary but cheers, something inside me speculates that Ivars will get 2-300 bikes out in an attempt to kickstart sales, poor old international donators

Yawn. No new 'contributions' in 24 hours. No publicity about the bikes. The campaign is over, at this rate. Go home folks.

Yawn. No new 'contributions' in 24 hours. No publicity about the bikes. The campaign is over, at this rate. Go home folks.

Is this what you think it is all about?

I forgot the shipping charge... Will be less..... Much less....oh that was the lowest we could go.

Why do people accept this BS?

Personally I feel that is unfair to state so - there seem to be 10 owners so far or did I miss the 6990 waiting for their bikes? Nobody is abused or criticised for donating to Sondors, it was the Owners Group that was set up behind closed doors, ejecting people who asked questions, all wooden doors and secrecy - as are the shipping details, no of bikes shipped although their FB page says all bikes are now made, just not shipped etc yawn. Any Sondors owner is as welcome as the next person to discuss and engage but there are only 5-10 that I know of, seems to be a rollout of 10 bikes, any other estimates? afaik court has been very open and very fair, it is Ivars who has every reason to keep matters shut and to run his business akin to a religious cult.
Ooh, another EBR "data point"! (gotta love the lingo around these parts for "wild-ass speculation")

I personally know of 50 individuals who have their bikes. Of course, that's just the folks I know of.

Can we forestall the part where you guys say that I'm lying. Or that they're the only 50 people who have bikes? In the real (non-conspiratorial) world, most people would acknowledge that there's a silent majority out there enjoying their bikes.

Ooh, another EBR "data point"! (gotta love the lingo around these parts for "wild-ass speculation")

I personally know of 50 individuals who have their bikes. Of course, that's just the folks I know of.

Can we forestall the part where you guys say that I'm lying. Or that they're the only 50 people who have bikes? In the real (non-conspiratorial) world, most people would acknowledge that there's a silent majority out there enjoying their bikes.
I'm surprise they aren't encouraging people to talk up the bikes, rather than doing it in private. The bike is not moving, no new orders. That suggests this is it. People who took part in the campaign and then no campaign after that.

I'm surprise they aren't encouraging people to talk up the bikes, rather than doing it in private. The bike is not moving, no new orders. That suggests this is it. People who took part in the campaign and then no campaign after that.
I'm not really sure who "they" is supposed to be. But I'd hardly call a group of 1500+ people "private." Sure, it might not include a few folks around these parts. But that's sorta the bed those few folks made for themselves, in my opinion.

And the other places for discussion, well, let's just say we're not particularly interested in sullying with threads like this one. ;)

As for the new orders, I'm not sure what the point is. How many did Prodeco sell this week? (The answer is: it doesn't matter)

Got it. [name removed] is really pure. You are really pure. The campaign is over. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why was my name
Mentioned?

George, stuff like this interests me - yesterday on the Twitter account the Sondors Team had it set up incorrectly for them - you could click on pictures and view the questions and comments, and there were quite a few - in fact I posted some yesterday.

Today the account has been modified and WYSIWYG - it's all about information control isn't it for Sondors? Admittedly a lot of people were frustrated and raising concerns about if and when they will get their bikes, so what has been the solution? To deliberately block and stop people discussing and sharing what they have been told elsewhere.

Ryan Mercer has realised who he has been corresponding with and who commented on his picture of a bike with the forks reversed - so he has deleted my comments and won't correspond (Thanks back Hurley) - I told him not to worry because his bike had been made as had all bikes.....

Storm E-BikeHi Nancy Weissman - All colors are complete and in the process of being shipped from China.
8 · Yesterday at 4:57am

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=602555026549017

So there you have it, all bikes have been made - official.

Apologies to J.R. I can picture him
Getting angry at the length of my posts lol

I'm not really sure who "they" is supposed to be. But I'd hardly call a group of 1500+ people "private." Sure, it might not include a few folks around these parts. But that's sorta the bed those few folks made for themselves, in my opinion.

And the other places for discussion, well, let's just say we're not particularly interested in sullying with threads like this one. ;)

As for the new orders, I'm not sure what the point is. How many did Prodeco sell this week? (The answer is: it doesn't matter)

A group or area that is closed to the public is by definition private. I am level, in the middle and have disliked the wild comments from both sides of this deal. One thing I would actually like to read about, and can't (because of the private forum) is the bike. In fact, if there is someone who received a bike here in Minnesota I'd love to get together and compare it with my radrover! Alas, I can't do any of that, because I am not an owner and therefore not invited to the club. I did check out the .eu forum, noted the map there with about 50 owners pinned, that is a great start and I do hope it continues for everyone who contributed!

Why would those with Sonders ebikes (want to) come to EBR? Just because a couple threads exist? They'll be confronted with opinions on how awful their bikes are or how they're just trying to help push Sonders ebikes. They must know the score. What do they have to gain here on EBR?

Another "data point" to ponder. UPS delivery notifications began appearing in Florida today.
Why would those with Sonders ebikes (want to) come to EBR? Just because a couple threads exist? They'll be confronted with opinions on how awful their bikes are or how they're just trying to help push Sonders ebikes. They must know the score. What do they have to gain here on EBR?
Quite possibly the most rational thing I've read in this thread. Bravo!

Back