Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

3719-b93fda712608006a83de6cb544593804.jpg

This looks like someone did a crappy job on the cables (pun intended). Looks like a rats nest. Very sloppy and possibly unsafe.
It is worrisome that newbies are putting this bike together.

Looks to me that one of the first Sondors ebikes that was delivered was installed with the front fork reversed in relation to the handlebar!

Did he ride his Sondors like that? At this point I will accept a review from Josh... even Court made a similar mistake and installed a front motor wheel backwards... It was a lighter moment easily rectified and to Court's credit... he left it in his video review... I believe Josh also wrote that he has a GoPro... and and iPhone so he has the tools needed for a review... is he wished... That would be something... I don't think Court will be seeing his B/B bike for a last a couple of weeks... if Sondors is on his schedule...

Did he ride his Sondors like that? At this point I will accept a review from Josh... even Court made a similar mistake and installed a front motor wheel backwards... It was a lighter moment easily rectified and to Court's credit... he left it in his video review... I believe Josh also wrote that he has a GoPro... and and iPhone so he has the tools needed for a review... is he wished... That would be something... I don't think Court will be seeing his B/B bike for a last a couple of weeks... if Sondors is on his schedule...

Sorry editing miscue above in gray...all new stuff not att. to FTC..

Last edited:
@scmike admittedly we all make mistakes but for the guy to be abusing me and sending pictures of turds with his bike and saying that they were left there for me, well he can have some back...... and a little bit more too - all light-hearted banter. Why would you accept a review from Josh, he told one of the members on my page he can't have calibrated his weighing scales correctly and got a stern rebuke - seems the bike weighs between 61.5 and 64.5 lbs.

Here is where I am at and why I remain so sceptical - 6th June Sondors sent this - so with the passage of time and comments from Ryan Mercer that his bike isn't even built yet as of July 8th 2015 (Black/Black) one starts to smell a certain aroma. Sorry @ J.R. for being so convoluted...

It would appear from the reasoning below that only black/yellow ebikes have been sent out and have been made.

UPDATE: June 6, 2015

Hi Sondors eBike Backers!

I wanted to check in with everyone and give you a few updates. First, production is going strong with boxes continuing to be shipped out every day.

We are producing bikes by color and in order of quantity and here is where we stand as of this week:

Black/Yellow: Production is on schedule to be complete by end of next week.
Black/Black: Production is complete on all components and bikes to start shipping in next 12-14 days.
Yellow/Orange: Production is complete on all components and bikes to start shipping in next 22-24 days.
Blue/Black: Production is complete on all components and bikes to start shipping in next 24-26 days.
We’ll be sharing photos throughout production.

Court has some fun on this one.. ( Really, he seems to have a lot of fun in what he does..) The "oh, oh!" moment is at 12:46... Pretty funny... Also a cool/easy technique for removing rubber hand grips @ 3:30..

Regarding a review by Josh... Anything would be better than nothing... Also some bathroom scales are pretty accurate... that's how I weigh my cats.. they don't seem to mind... they don't like the luggage scale, so much.. stretches their tails...

http://electricbikereview.com/dillenger/350w-geared-electric-bike-kit/

Some excerpts from FB pages

Not at all. I'm saying I was in the same spot. I had to get someone else to assemble my ebike. I could not do it myself as I have neither the tools nor the knowledge, so I looked around to find someone who was qualified and willing to work on the bike portion of my ebike and went that route. There's nothing magical about what I did.

The point: there are many bicycle mechanics and bicycle tech savvy people in the world. That's a fact (and this is a fact thread, no?). Some of those people may be willing to assist people with unknownBrand X, Y, or Z bikes, including the Sonders fat tire ebike. And yes, some people will refuse.

Buying a bike through crowdfunding means there is most likely no local support and possibly no support at all. Whether that's the Sonders bike or some other CF bike, this is one issue that anyone who buys their bike from China or through CF via China faces. I'm recognizing that fact as one that affects Sonders backers AND others too.

Ok, I understand your point. But not all people will have access to people who can help them. Yes it's a crowdfund and sure, people should understand that they get little or no post sales support. But for many, the Sondors buy has been their first experience with crowdfunding, and they didn't read the IGG fine print first.

In my experience, people tune out when they're told support is limited or not available, then they claim "nobody told me". When I worked for Microsoft, the support policy for our software was "if you bought it separately, you get warranty (free) support. If it came pre-loaded on your PC, you pay." This was written all over their PC instructions, as well as on the software's properties window on their computer. Two thirds of callers became irate because they couldn't get free support. Many times, they even showed up at our front door with PC in one hand, weapon in the other. Ivars had better hope Sondors buyers don't find out his address.

Hey guys just a friendly reminder of EBR's etiquette, and to please stay on topic here with "DATA POINTS surrounding the Sondors Ebike Campaign on Indiegogo." Anything new with the lawsuit that has been filed?

Here's a data point. Since the bikes hit the streets, proving it was for real, they haven't sold more than 1 or 2 a day. It was around 37 over the weekend, now 40.

Attachments

• 40 claimed.JPG
    40 claimed.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 269
Tara, I apologise but I cannot initiate a new conversation with Hurley by private message - seems to be a misunderstanding, I am not and have never posted as Theodore on IGG, I do not post on IGG - I refer to the post below and think someone has got their wires crossed somewhere, have a good day.

I was not demanding. I was suggesting. Out of respect for the donors (the conversation on Sondors is dominated at this time by comments on Theodore or about Theodore) I suggested that 450 post (far more than anyone else) of the same dribble was aggravating enough for folks clearly already aggravated by the way this campaign has been run. Sometimes less is more.

Hulk you have no right to say I am demanding anything. Frankly I/me personally, can give a hoot if Theodore post another 500 post over the next day or so. I was just thinking about folks who have contributed hundreds of dollars to have to hear the same negativity by one person day in and day out that contributed almost nothing.
Post away...

Here's a data point. Since the bikes hit the streets, proving it was for real, they haven't sold more than 1 or 2 a day. It was around 37 over the weekend, now 40.

I know of two e:bike companies each of which would be happy for three sales a day; both those companies have a dedicated support staff answering questions, taking returns. Both companies have product liability insurance. The lowest priced bike that would comparable to Storm is priced at $1,100.

DATA POINTS

I am surprised we are not seeing more data points. It may speak to a minimal number of bikes which have been delivered.

On a basic level, we don't even know what "brand" of motor the bike has.

Last edited:
Where the Sondors campaign is rolling in the dough right now is in shipping cost right now for bikes and batteries(far more than bike sells).

On a basic level, we don't even know what "brand" of motor the bike has.
Say it ain't so! You mean, the owners actually know something about the bike that FTC doesn't? Surely that's blasphemy?

We'll throw you a small bone, since we don't want you to get too lost in the wilderness:

Where the Sondors campaign is rolling in the dough right now is in shipping cost right now for bikes and batteries(far more than bike sells).

Seems pretty unethical asking and accepting payment so far in advance and for more extra battery shipping perks than extra batteries ordered... just greed driven... is all that is... Over at RadRover, they don't ask for shipping until they pair the bike with the battery in Seattle and then and only then do they calculate and ask for shipping without giving IGG a cent more...

Seems pretty unethical asking and accepting payment so far in advance and for more extra battery shipping perks than extra batteries ordered... just greed driven... is all that is... Over at RadRover, they don't ask for shipping until they pair the bike with the battery in Seattle and then and only then do they calculate and ask for shipping without giving IGG a cent more...
Economies of scale would dictate that the more of one thing you buy at once, the larger the discount / buying power. If you buy them ten at a time, you pay more. If you buy thousands, you pay less.

Sondors is not paying for shipping on bikes he is selling now... He may be robbing Peter to pay Paul... likely in this case... but
IGG allows it apparently...

Robbing Peter to pay Paul? Possibly but something is amiss, I think it was crucial that Sondors got a few bikes out before the Court Hearing - if anything I am more sceptical, no international orders have been shipped and frustrated donators have been told more info is...... Coming soon!

I remain convinced as ever that this is all going to go pear-shaped, and no doubt it will be because of the likes of myself and others raising very serious doubts about this Campaign from the outset.

Weight is somewhere between 59 and 64.5lbs, the front wheel hits the tyre if you put the forks on the wrong way round..... Hmmmm, the reverse fork guy claims to have measured a top speed of exactly 20mph, there seem to be about 10 people who have got their bikes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hits the pedal.... Cannot seem to edit having real problems with iOS and this forum, JavaScript errors etc. used to be brilliant

Philip Hillis
5 hours ago
The EBR Forum has now alienated the largest group of eBike owners of a single brand in history. We’ll never forget what Court tried to do. May the EBR Forum RIP

It's hard to figure how people could get so wrapped up in this bike. If you want an IGG bike with problems, look at the Wave.

I'm starting to wonder about these forums. They seem to do bad things to people. There are no brakes, few rules. Stuff gets way too personal.

Maybe there is a better place to discuss ideas, a better way to evaluate the huge problems with CF.

Back