Sondors Fact Finding. Due Diligence. Scrutiny.

@SamIAmNot thanks for the input! was that your bike posted above? maybe that other guys comment was related to the facebook pic i saw where someone mounted the front wheel backwards...

would be nice to see some owners who are getting bikes join up here and post their initial and ongoing impressions, would do the bike a lot of service over some of the negativity (from both sides). perhaps it is time to start a new bike impressions thread in this sub forum.

Last edited:
They're closed because they're so busy kicking out anyone who asks the wrong questions or breaks cheering squad formation. The only ones left there are being compensated to shake Ivars pom-poms around, to entertain the masses. Lots of credibility there. For an unbiased view, keep an eye on news articles or boards that tolerate dissenting points of view - like this one.

i have no doubt the two running that group deserve their own little club for a multitude of reasons. i noted the group has 850 members...surely they cant all be a collective of erm, um, not nice people?

if we want some unbiased reviews of the bike here, lets be the first ones to play nice, set aside the scruples with the campaign itself and get into discussing the actual, in hand bikes. that is what i intend to do with my radrover over in that sub forum, expect to see the same here i hope!

i have no doubt the two running that group deserve their own little club for a multitude of reasons. i noted the group has 850 members...surely they cant all be a collective of erm, um, not nice people?

if we want some unbiased reviews of the bike here, lets be the first ones to play nice, set aside the scruples with the campaign itself and get into discussing the actual, in hand bikes. that is what i intend to do with my radrover over in that sub forum, expect to see the same here i hope!
The simple reason that none of the owners are posting here is that it's filled with entirely negative ninnies from Day 1. It's a whole lot easier to talk about the bike itself when that type of person isn't constantly posting their hyperbole. Thus the Owner's Group.

And maybe it's time to unpin this thread? Let it fade into the sunset. Perhaps, if it makes it off the front page, it might revive a bit of this community's flagging reputability with the actual owners of the bike?

Also, the weight, with battery, seems to be 59lbs, if you go by the bathroom scale method of weighing yourself without, then with the bike.

Last edited:
59lbs by the bathroom scale sounds good to me, shoes on or off ?? So, why couldn't they have posted that? At GoSondors
They still have 49 for the bike approx. 6 for the battery... Wishful thinking I guess...

SamIAmNot@ guess I'd be one of the Negative Ninnies also, I post as Theodore Voltaire on IGG, this place started out pretty friendly and seems to be on that path now, its amazing how being treated poorly tends to make you return the favour, and at the opposite end of the scale, how being treated with decency / respect seems to be reciprocated also.

You and I may disagree on some points about Sondors and his bike, hopefully we can both do so respectfully, I will be very interested in your thoughts and opinions of your bike, be they good or otherwise. hope some of your less radical mates from the owners group also join up. When I was a member of the owners group, there only seemed to be about 20 or 30 active posters, the rest were either lurking or perhaps made the decision to not visit the page?

I am getting it in the ear on my FB Page because two people have received bikes, curiously that same picture was posted as well. One more moderate poster has weighed the bike without seat at 56lbs and assesses a further 3lbs for the seat post and 5.5lbs for the battery, total bike weight 64.5lbs.

Almost forgot one nice chap posted a different picture of his bike and pointed out a dog turd in the picture and said it was there for me, he claimed that on a smartphone app the bike hit 20mph.....

Because a few people have got their bikes - I am pleased for them btw - does not nullify the serious concerns about the misleading claims and the way this Campaign has been managed - Sondors needed to get bikes out there, I think it will be months and months before a full rollout happens, if at all by which time we may have some reviews of the bike to assess.

That's great to hear that people are starting to receive their bikes! I look forward to reading the reviews soon! Hopefully everyone is pleased with the end product. @SamIAmNot Welcome to EBR and have fun with your new ride!

Clarification from my Weight Watcher!

Ohhh, no the bike and seat together are 56LBS. I was just saying the seat is a heavy seat. Total of 61.5 with battery.

The simple reason that none of the owners are posting here is that it's filled with entirely negative ninnies from Day 1. It's a whole lot easier to talk about the bike itself when that type of person isn't constantly posting their hyperbole. Thus the Owner's Group.

And maybe it's time to unpin this thread? Let it fade into the sunset. Perhaps, if it makes it off the front page, it might revive a bit of this community's flagging reputability with the actual owners of the bike?

Also, the weight, with battery, seems to be 59lbs, if you go by the bathroom scale method of weighing yourself without, then with the bike.

Exactly how many of the 850 members are owners? This thread raises valid concerns about the Sondors ebike - a few bikes delivered out of 7500 globally does not make for a successful Campaign. Sondors advanced the Campaign on the basis the bike would have a weight of 45lbs, a range of 50 miles, a battery charge time of 1.5 hours and a top speed of 20mph. It appears that only the top speed claim might be defendable, however this has to be confirmed. The weight appears to be 61.5lbs, but what is 16.5lbs on an ebike between friends?

7500 globally

Per Sondors the number of bikes ordered is close to 10,000. Folks that get a bike delivered to them will be happy for a variety of reasons.

When things go wrong with some percentage of the bikes?
On the 29th assuming the court hearing goes forward?

Close 10,000, can't be right? Unless many have not paid, shipping alone would be more than 2 mil... which would leave roughly 3 1/2 mil left for the cost of bikes and that's only $350 per bike... so forget the 10,000 ... fudging the numbers is the norm here...

7000 seems about right... just a tiny drop in the bucket compared to what's being manufactured in China per year...

Looks to me that one of the first Sondors ebikes that was delivered was installed with the front fork reversed in relation to the handlebar!

https://res.cloudinary.com/indiegog...it,w_620/v1436223069/mitedlcl6i74hbla8adl.png

Sondors seems to have realized this happened and posted a new picture of how to do it right!

https://res.cloudinary.com/indiegog...it,w_620/v1436237367/k66qlgb8o6bkxmlbhsz4.jpg

The stem/bar was installed front to back (reversed), a 2 minute repair. User error... Hopefully someone (you) told them their error and all is right with the world now.

FTC complaint@ glad that Sondors attended to the reversed forks issue so quickly, it proves that they can respond electronically to issues in a timely manner when it suits them, which makes it so much harder to fathom their recalcitrance on this issue at other times.

You got to love this "Ryan's thoughts" guy. And I quote...

Feb 2015 "Their are individuals crawling out of the woodwork to constantly slam this campaign, claiming it's a scam, It amazes me how many people don't understand crowdfunding and think they are BUYING a bike like they would on Amazon.com"

July 2015 "I mentioned the The Sondors eBike by Storm Sondors and how I had contributed. In fact I was one of the very first contributors, my bike has yet to even leave China, Really really disappointed. I was also told during the campaign Mr. Sondors wanted to have a conference call with me as soon as the campaign ended to personally thank me.

Sir, first of all it has not ended. Secondly, this is NOT Amazon.

The stem/bar was installed front to back (reversed), a 2 minute repair. User error... Hopefully someone (you) told them their error and all is right with the world now.

About 50 people already did on the facebook post where I saw it - people love pointing out user errors :)

Here's your support folks:

The ‘Sondors Electric Bike’ team just posted:
1 new Announcement:

Please Read This Update:
Have questions? Check out the Owners Group on Facebook that was started by backers for backers. With nearly 900 members, there is a wealth of knowledge to tap into. Here’s the link to join.

PLEASE NOTE:
If you are not familiar with assembling bicycles then it is STRONGLY recommended that you take your Sondors electric bike to a local bike shop. Most shops will be able to assemble and make any necessary adjustments for your new bike for a small fee. That said, if you are familiar with bike assembly, please refer to this BLOG POST as a preliminary guideline for the Sondors electric bike.

May God have mercy on their souls.

As soon as one of them asks an uncomfortable question on the Owners Group page, guess what will happen to them? And what about buyers who've already been farted from that group for asking questions? No support for them... At least the relationship between the OG page/its leaders and Ivars, vehemently denied up until now, has been confirmed. I doubt they will be acting as Sondors' tech support team for free, as with everything else they've done for Ivars during this campaign.

"Most shops..." Wishful thinking. If you live in a large city you might find a shop familiar with ebikes and/or fatbikes that's willing to work on your new Sondors. If customers can't find anyone to fix their Sondors, then what happens? Hopefully any problems encountered out of the box will be minor.

"Small fee"? Remains to be seen. With bike shop fees added to the existing pile of unheralded extra fees, so much for the "$500" ebike.

Last edited:
Back