Some questions for owners of R&M Supercharger (or Charger, Nevo, etc.).

Have a Supercharger with Nuvinci.
Came with a pump for the fork.

Bought a spur cycle bell. The original horn button is difficult to trigger.

Bought Vaude high viz bags. Blue bike with yellow bags looks like an ikea bike but wanted visibility and you don’t see it when sitting on it. It can hold my shopping and/or complete laptop backpack water tight.

I have 1 normal and 2 MTB, put on all ergon grips so no plans swapping those out. But you need to find the right angle that works.

No pedal changes yet, have flat pedals on my mountain bikes with pins, but the SC is for short commutes, not in cycling gear but office gear, and don’t want the pins to rip my shoes.

I did see these or similar on a clever speed pedelec. Thinking of these, grip without damage. And plastic and cheap so to replace (think salt,water).
I have specialized boomslang, great, and cheaper composite one up pedelec, even better,
But for commuting i want to try these.

https://www.amazon.de/Voxom-Trekking-Pedale-schwarz-Size/dp/B01LSRARY2

Same for the saddle, have ergon saddles, but there you need to wear padded pants. So sticking with standard for the moment. Saddles really need to be adjusted back/front/angle and tried. And broken in.

It’s a great bike ;)

Bought it in Belgium after seeing the citrus cycles review and offcourse this site. Had never heard of the brand 2 weeks before I bought it. 10 weeks delivery time. Order for the summer holiday, delivered in September ...

Attachments

• 6D87828E-32E7-4636-8943-1041A20D6125.jpeg
    6D87828E-32E7-4636-8943-1041A20D6125.jpeg
    283.2 KB · Views: 579
Many thanks Hompie - very helpful information, and has heightened my anticipation further.

Trying not to go crazy on buying accessories whilst waiting, however have bought a Sold Secure Abus WBA75 ground anchor to fit in the garage - a condition of the insurance that I plan to take out is that the bike is to be secured to this with a Sold Secure Gold lock.

Also looking at a suitable backpack, and am taken with the Osprey Escapist 18 as just the right size for a daypack. Waterproof gloves are also on the list, however many of the Sealskinz ones (e.g. Link) have poor feedback on being waterproof.

Hopefully bike still on for early December delivery...

ATB. George.

Many thanks Hompie - very helpful information, and has heightened my anticipation further.

Trying not to go crazy on buying accessories whilst waiting, however have bought a Sold Secure Abus WBA75 ground anchor to fit in the garage - a condition of the insurance that I plan to take out is that the bike is to be secured to this with a Sold Secure Gold lock.

Also looking at a suitable backpack, and am taken with the Osprey Escapist 18 as just the right size for a daypack. Waterproof gloves are also on the list, however many of the Sealskinz ones (e.g. Link) have poor feedback on being waterproof.

ATB. George.

There are lots of good options for handlebar bags and trunk bags that will work fine with the Supercharger. You can also get excellent lumbar packs from Mountainsmith and North Street Bags that will partially save you from a sweaty back. Some of the North Street Bags also can convert into a bicycle handlebar bag.

Showers Pass sells waterproof gloves that are popular and well-liked.

There are lots of good options for handlebar bags and trunk bags that will work fine with the Supercharger. You can also get excellent lumbar packs from Mountainsmith and North Street Bags that will partially save you from a sweaty back. Some of the North Street Bags also can convert into a bicycle handlebar bag.

Showers Pass sells waterproof gloves that are popular and well-liked.
Regarding Trunk bags, i'd make sure to get the right one, my Supercharger (early 2018) uses the MIK system, not sure about the newer Superchargers.

Regarding Trunk bags, i'd make sure to get the right one, my Supercharger (early 2018) uses the MIK system, not sure about the newer Superchargers.

For myself, I use panniers and a smallish handlebar bag and don't really need or want the additional capacity of a trunk bag.

It would be nice if R&M partnered with somebody who made excellent frame bags and top tube bags since the available space within the frame is oddly spaced and the "tubes" are oddly proportioned. That makes it difficult to find a bag that will work.

As mentioned on the ‘Introductions & Bike Garage’ section of this forum, my R&M Supercharger GH Vario in electric blue with Kiox display is scheduled for week 48 production, and I hope to pick it up some time before Christmas this year.

A few questions for existing Supercharger (or similar) owners;
  1. Did your bike come with any tools (e.g spanner’s or hex Allen keys)?
  2. Did you swap out the standard saddle, and if so, what did you swap it for (and why)?
  3. Did you swap over the standard pedals (e.g for Crankbrothers or similar), and if so, what benefits did you note?
  4. Any other modifications you considered or made (e.g ergon grips, etc.)?
Many thanks folks - always interesting to hear other people’s experiences and take on this!

ATB. George.

I own a Supercharger GT Touring, then I added:

After a lot of research i opted for a Bosch Nyon (I still have Intuvia too), and sure I will not going back...

No need to change saddle, i found original Selle Royal Lookin 3D Moderate, enough confy with Cane Creek Thudbuster ST (i would like the LT version).
Just added original Saddle bag selle royal with clip.

Original R&M Front Rack

I was thinking in grips upgrading but I finally kept original Ergon GA20 because they fits perfectly these:
Turning Lights Winglights Fixed V3

Garmin Radar Rear Light + Front Display
I suggest this combo to everyone, much better than a mirror, it works perfectly. Yes, they are quite expensive but being safe is the most important thing and once you try this radar you'll fall in love with it, expecially if you are a commuter or you if you doesn't live in the city centre...

CO2 Pump
+ Mini Air Pump

Icetoolz Mighty 11

Rear waterproof 'RedCycling' Panniers
Not expensive,. very well crafted but not fit perfectly this rear rack

Gioma Bike Stand
Stand + All for wash, clean, dry, lubrify...

I was thinking to change tires but still not found a good alternative to Schwalbe's Super Moto X, for use I do of my bike, i will keep them for next months, then I'll see.
I will change pedals too but at this moment original ones works well with Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL shoes with 'stealth' rubber sole, so I have no hurry.

Last edited:
I own a Supercharger GT Touring, then I added:

After a lot of research i opted for a Bosch Nyon (I still have Intuvia too), and sure I will not going back...

No need to change saddle, i found original Selle Royal Lookin 3D Moderate, enough confy with Cane Creek Thudbuster ST (i would like the LT version).
Just added original Saddle bag selle royal with clip.

Original R&M Front Rack

I was thinking in grips upgrading but I finally kept original Ergon GA20 because they fits perfectly these:
Turning Lights Winglights Fixed V3

Garmin Radar Rear Light + Front Display
I suggest this combo to everyone, much better than a mirror, it works perfectly. Yes, they are quite expensive but being safe is the most important thing and once you try this radar you'll fall in love with it, expecially if you are a commuter or you if you doesn't live in the city centre...

CO2 Pump
+ Mini Air Pump

Icetoolz Mighty 11

Rear waterproof 'RedCycling' Panniers
Not expensive,. very well crafted but not fit perfectly this rear rack

Gioma Bike Stand
Stand + All for wash, clean, dry, lubrify...

I was thinking to change tires but still not found a good alternative to Schwalbe's Super Moto X, for use I do of my bike, i will keep them for next months, then I'll see.
I will change pedals too but at this moment original ones works well with Adidas Terrex Trail Cross SL shoes with 'stealth' rubber sole, so I have no hurry.
You appear to have answered one of my as yet unasked questions. Your Red Cycling Panniers fitments look identical to my older Altura panniers which I thought would be unuseable on the supercharger rear rack due to them needing a round rail to fit to. I wonder if you could expand a bit on how you attach them to the bike because so far advice is that they wont fit at all and will need repalcing.

I also own the Varia Radar but paired with the Garmin Edge 1000 Explore and find it useful, however, it should be pointed out that it isnt truly a radar unit as it works by noting the speed diffence between you and aproaching vehicles which it does exceptionally well but when this diffence drops much below 10mph it becomes unreliable to the point where when traveling at the same or similar speed as surrounding traffic it doesnt work at all so for me it is an essential bit of kit, but wont replace my trusty Mirrycle mirror.

ATB. George.
Just re reading whilst awaiting news of my delivery.. You mention insurance.. Have you found anything at a reasonable pricer?

Has anyone received a delivery update yet? Mine was due week 44 (Oct 29) but could be as late as week 48 (Nov 26) But I am reading things like this from Onbikes website...
For all new orders before mid-November, Riese Muller will try to deliver by mid-January before they move.
During the relocation in the latter part of January, no new Riese Muller ebikes can be built. This means that deliveries after this time will be the end of March 2019.

If roumers are true that Kiox is holding things up then need I be concerned?

You appear to have answered one of my as yet unasked questions. Your Red Cycling Panniers fitments look identical to my older Altura panniers which I thought would be unuseable on the supercharger rear rack due to them needing a round rail to fit to. I wonder if you could expand a bit on how you attach them to the bike because so far advice is that they wont fit at all and will need repalcing.

Hi Pete!
no doubt I had to force the adaptation with a little trick. As you rightly say, the attachment system of these bags do not suit Supercharger's back rack, the clamps seem small to properly wrap the shape of rack. I first wrapped the parts involved in the contact between the hook and the back rack with protective tape (you can notice the black surface becomes shiny and no longer matte), then I tried to lock the hook with rubber bands (similar to those high resistance that come with the garmin varia) but after the first offroad tour I realized that it was not the right fix because the bags did not remain firm, so I opted for simple nylon cable ties. Now the bags no longer dance even on the most difficult roads in the woods. In part, I had to give up the comfort of being able to put them on and off with their comfortable clips and I know it's not the most elegant solution but I avoided buying other bags and in any case putting or cutting a nylon band is still a quick operation that I usually do whenever I want to wash the bike.

also own the Varia Radar but paired with the Garmin Edge 1000 Explore and find it useful, however, it should be pointed out that it isnt truly a radar unit as it works by noting the speed diffence between you and aproaching vehicles which it does exceptionally well but when this diffence drops much below 10mph it becomes unreliable to the point where when traveling at the same or similar speed as surrounding traffic it doesnt work at all so for me it is an essential bit of kit, but wont replace my trusty Mirrycle mirror.

I live in a small city and the streets I'm used to are not those of metropolis, I rarely noticed some difficulties in recognizing distances and vehicles, maybe in very busy cities with slow traffic (where undoubtedly the varia becomes less useful 'cause you always have vehicles behind you), or when your bike is stationary. But on commuter's roads or on most of the routes, the varia does not miss a shot and allows you to concentrate on the path or the landscape without taking your eyes off the road. In fact, first it warns you with a beep (and with a vibration on the wrist of my garmin vivoactive 3) and then shows you visually how many vehicles you have behind and what speed they take over. I would not be able to get out on a bike without the garmin varia radar anymore, I would not feel safe. Indispensable. It also has a great autonomy, I have to put it in recharge after many many hours of use, in my case weeks.

Last edited:
Hi Pete!
no doubt I had to force the adaptation with a little trick. As you rightly say, the attachment system of these bags do not suit Supercharger's back rack, the clamps seem small to properly wrap the shape of rack. I first wrapped the parts involved in the contact between the hook and the back rack with protective tape (you can notice the black surface becomes shiny and no longer matte), then I tried to lock the hook with rubber bands (similar to those high resistance that come with the garmin varia) but after the first offroad tour I realized that it was not the right fix because the bags did not remain firm, so I opted for simple nylon cable ties. Now the bags no longer dance even on the most difficult roads in the woods. In part, I had to give up the comfort of being able to put them on and off with their comfortable clips and I know it's not the most elegant solution but I avoided buying other bags and in any case putting or cutting a nylon band is still a quick operation that I usually do whenever I want to wash the bike.

I live in a small city and the streets I'm used to are not those of metropolis, I rarely noticed some difficulties in recognizing distances and vehicles, maybe in very busy cities with slow traffic (where undoubtedly the varia becomes less useful 'cause you always have vehicles behind you), or when your bike is stationary. But on commuter's roads or on most of the routes, the varia does not miss a shot and allows you to concentrate on the path or the landscape without taking your eyes off the road. In fact, first it warns you with a beep (and with a vibration on the wrist of my garmin vivoactive 3) and then shows you visually how many vehicles you have behind and what speed they take over. I would not be able to get out on a bike without the garmin varia radar anymore, I would not feel safe. Indispensable. It also has a great autonomy, I have to put it in recharge after many many hours of use, in my case weeks.
Thankyou for the pannier information.

I use Ortlieb panniers on our R&M Nevo. I had the same problem with the rectangular cross-sectioned rear rack. In addition I wanted to be able to mount the panniers a bit lower so I could still use a trunk bag in between the panniers.

My solution was to add lower rails to the rack using aluminum rod and battery cable terminals. I cut the rod to the proper length, inserted the ends into the terminals with epoxy glue and crimped the terminals. Next I sanded the assembly and spray painted it with three coats of matt black rustoleum. Then I drilled holes in the stock rail and bolted them in. It works just as designed.

20180725_063624.jpg

I use Ortlieb panniers on our R&M Nevo. I had the same problem with the rectangular cross-sectioned rear rack. In addition I wanted to be able to mount the panniers a bit lower so I could still use a trunk bag in between the panniers.

My solution was to add lower rails to the rack using aluminum rod and battery cable terminals. I cut the rod to the proper length, inserted the ends into the terminals with epoxy glue and crimped the terminals. Next I sanded the assembly and spray painted it with three coats of matt black rustoleum. Then I drilled holes in the stock rail and bolted them in. It works just as designed.

View attachment 27195
My diy skills are not so good and I would shy away from drilling holes in a £6K bike, but I like the idea. I have a Thule pack n pedal with the side rails so should be able to do something with that using cable ties.

As mentioned on the ‘Introductions & Bike Garage’ section of this forum, my R&M Supercharger GH Vario in electric blue with Kiox display is scheduled for week 48 production, and I hope to pick it up some time before Christmas this year.

A few questions for existing Supercharger (or similar) owners;
  1. Did your bike come with any tools (e.g spanner’s or hex Allen keys)?
  2. Did you swap out the standard saddle, and if so, what did you swap it for (and why)?
  3. Did you swap over the standard pedals (e.g for Crankbrothers or similar), and if so, what benefits did you note?
  4. Any other modifications you considered or made (e.g ergon grips, etc.)?
Many thanks folks - always interesting to hear other people’s experiences and take on this!

ATB. George.
Hi I swapped the seat for a Serfas rx with more padding for my sagging old buttocks . I left the pedals on for now ( I Iike them but they will probably fatigue eventually since they are plastic) I just bought some Ergon grips today because I loved them on the Nevo that was my original purchase , which I exchanged 3 days later for my Charger GT touring . It could be the more upright seating postion of the Nevo that makes the most difference, but I did not get any numbness on a 5 hour ride with the Ergons .

I have an early 2018 Supercharger GX Rohloff.
Swapped pedals for these: https://www.raceface.com/products/details/aeffect-pedals - Excellent, heaps of grip even with all washers in.
Swapped seat for this: https://www.sellesmp.com/en/saddles/tourism/trk-large-gel.html - Big and heavy but heaps of padding as i want padding in the seat not my clothing, don't care if it last's 10 years less than a Brooks. It is a bit squeaky though.
+1 for Ergon Grip adjustments, mine has GP3's and until you get the fit right you get sore hands/wrists BUT once you get the position exactly right they are excellent!
Got a Schwalbe Marathon Plus MTB 584-57 on the front (great) & Super MotoX 584-62 on rear (bit slippery on loose/wet), will be swapping rear for Marathon Plus MTB when worn. I have Alex MD40 rims.
I think i would have preferred a Cane Creek LT (Long travel) vs ST or at least a softer rubber.
I agree with you about the Moto x tires a bit slippery when wet . When mine are gone I will get something like the Smart Sams I have on my me power bike since I live in raincouver

Does anyone have any experience with the eMTB mode for the Bosch Performance Line CX motor? Is it more nuisance than it is worth for R&M's Nevo, Supercharger, Homage and Delite, assuming that they are not used for mountain biking?
Emtb works shines in a series of short quick changing rolling hills, ...for me its 80% TOUR 15% TURBO 4% eco and 1% emtb

Hello from Down Under. I too am waiting for a Supercharger GX Rohloff 2019 version with e-14. I’m expecting roughly end of next week for delivery. Mainly a daily commute to work unit. Expecting to put on about 50km per day.

This forum and others has kept me ‘fed’ whilst waiting. Ordered in late Aug. The Citrus Cycles review on the 2018 Supercharger on YouTube is what swung me. There are no dealers with stock in my city and best I could do was ‘sight’ a unit just before it was delivered.

Anyway, thanks all for sharing.

Is the included lock any good?
Cheers
Hi, how's your Supercharger going? What state are you in, i'm in SA, i've got a pre-e14 Supercharger Rohloff.

Hi, how's your Supercharger going? What state are you in, i'm in SA, i've got a pre-e14 Supercharger Rohloff.
G'day. I'm in WA. Had the Supercharger a couple of weeks now and put on 300K+. Riding it to work 3 days per week. Absolutley loving it. The E-14 works a treat. Just wish it would provide assist up to 35K/hr like in the US versions - but still happy nonetheless.

G'day. I'm in WA. Had the Supercharger a couple of weeks now and put on 300K+. Riding it to work 3 days per week. Absolutley loving it. The E-14 works a treat. Just wish it would provide assist up to 35K/hr like in the US versions - but still happy nonetheless.
Hi Tex,
Did you buy bike in Perth?
If so, who from?

Back