So what's the guess on the new Lectric ONE product coming March 12?

Thanks for the gear calculator, Ortek.
I didnt find any pinion front sprockets larger than 39, but did see some 19 and 20 cog rear sprockets.

The mounting styles include Rohloff, 9-spline, and thread on. Do you know which type this is?
The Lectric uses a 113 tooth belt and 111 tooth belts are available. Would a smaller belt be necessary if the rear sprocket lost 4 teeth?

Last edited:
Thanks for the gear calculator, Ortek.
I didnt find any pinion front sprockets larger than 39, but did see some 19 and 20 cog rear sprockets.

The mounting styles include Rohloff, 9-spline, and thread on. Do you know which type this is?
The Lectric uses a 113 tooth belt and 111 tooth belts are available. Would a smaller belt be necessary if the rear sprocket lost 4 teeth?
I don't know. Depending on what you're wanting to accomplish, I'd ask Lectric which rear cogs sizes can be used and what style they're using. Probably a 9-spline CDX, but just a guess.
I do like belt drives, but messing with different rear cogs and belts can be a pain and expensive, especially on ebikes. Chain drives are lot easier. Basically on single speeds it's just switch out the much cheaper rear cogs and add/remove links.
Again ask Lectric. They should know this.

Last edited:
No this is high end at an affordable price. No one has a bike with these features at this price. Probably the most affordable low maintenance commuter bike on the market today.
Agreed, many people are paying close to 2k for dozens of E-Bikes that don't come close to what Lectric One offers. If you think it doesn't meet your criteria then forget it.

New bike day:
5hPI2qJ.jpg

jIM6iq8.jpg

Zero shipping damage.
Handlebar is a bit wide to my liking, might swap for narrower bar or just take a pipe cutter to it.
JEWWbt3.jpg

New bike day:
5hPI2qJ.jpg

jIM6iq8.jpg

Zero shipping damage.
Handlebar is a bit wide to my liking, might swap for narrower bar or just take a pipe cutter to it.
JEWWbt3.jpg
Wonder why Lectric didnt incorporate the battery in the downtube as usual with their other models? Not a fan of the exposed battery...

It’s the same battery as the Lectric Trike.
Frame integrated battery would be nice, but it would be difficult to get the battery on & off with the 20” wheels.
Top frame mount battery would be easier, but less water resistant at the connecting leads.
Without the battery mounted, Pinion gearbox can still offer decent riding experience.

Last edited:
It’s the same battery as the Lectric Trike.
Frame integrated battery would be nice, but it would be difficult to get the battery on & off with the 20” wheels.
Top frame mount battery would be easier, but less water resistant at the connecting leads.
Without the battery mounted, Pinion gearbox can still offer decent riding experience.
As someone who stores their bike away from an outlet, I have the opposite opinion: I'm super excited to be able to easily take the battery with me. I love my XP 3, but swapping the battery out is not fun. And I like not have to worry about the break in the frame (because it's not a folding bike).

To back you up, though, what's really great about the tube mount is that it balances the bike so you can easily lift it by the center "handle". You'll want to remove the battery before carrying up stairs.

Also, they told me that the Pinion doesn't have a backup battery, it's just able to operate at lower voltages than the motor. In other words, you need a battery installed (even if not charged) to change gears.

As someone who stores their bike away from an outlet, I have the opposite opinion: I'm super excited to be able to easily take the battery with me. I love my XP 3, but swapping the battery out is not fun. And I like not have to worry about the break in the frame (because it's not a folding bike).

To back you up, though, what's really great about the tube mount is that it balances the bike so you can easily lift it by the center "handle". You'll want to remove the battery before carrying up stairs.

Also, they told me that the Pinion doesn't have a backup battery, it's just able to operate at lower voltages than the motor. In other words, you need a battery installed (even if not charged) to change gears.
The only negative with the battery location...is that it makes this new, revolutionary eBike... look really dated and cheap, which it's not. You can't have everything.

Well, haters gonna hate.
You try and find another ebike with Pinion gear box & belt drive that's $2k and tell others about your experience with it.

Last edited:
I've put about 40 miles on the Lectric One over the weekend;
after pedaling 50 miles on my regular bike FRI last week, my achy body welcomed the help of electric motor.
Lectric One is a very solid bike, no rattling, the belt drive really makes the bike very quiet.
I don't feel any more drag (or motor drag) on the drivetrain than a regular chain driven bike while pedaling without motor assist.
Because my butt still hurting from the 50 mile ride, I put a suspension seatpost on it right away.
H03etF5.jpg

The weight of the Lectric One is only felt when you're trying to lift the bike.
No significant feel of the weight while riding it.
I trimmed the handlebar about 1" from each side, added old Bontrager magnesium barends on for different riding positions,
since the reach of the Lectric One is short.
Added bell & mirror the handlebar as necessary accessories.
zjtNlXE.jpg

Since Lectric One is not a folder that allows changing the bike's length, transporting it may require a larger vehicle or a hitch rack.
Taking off & putting in the (+/-10 lb.) battery needs to have the seatpost removed.
Lectric One share the same battery as the Lectric Trike, same terminals allow usage on both.
I put a cheap pannier/tail bag on the rear rack so I can have some storage,
a centerstand that lift the rear wheel would provide more stability while loading things into the panniers.
D1ow27y.jpg

The most noticeable feature is how quiet the Lectric One rides, with or without the motor engaged. The belt drive certainly help to keep things quiet.
Shifting performance of the Pinion gearbox is similar to the Shimano Ultegra electronic shifting on my road bike, quick & precise.
I tried to play around with the self-shifting feature of Lectric One, but it's rather time consuming to determine the ideal cadence for the Pinion to shift itself.
I think I will save that when I get a chance to watch the Lectric setup video for the feature.
Overall, I feel that it's a well thought out package, offers components that no one else offer at this price point.
If you're looking to get into cycling with an ebike and don't like manual shifting,
Lectric One offers great performance in a compact package that's easy to maneuver and very good value.
But not many beginners are going to spend $2K for their first ebike.. or maybe they do?

LIWzdcF.jpg

Well, haters gonna hate.
You try and find another ebike with Pinion gear box & belt drive that's $2k and tell others about your experience with it.
i actually like the exposed battery on bikes that i am not trying to save weight on,i can usually find a decent after marker replacement battery that fits( after a bunch of research) i do not like the current st bike i have( 66#) and too much power pas 1 wants to take you to the moon and i cannot hardly pedal the thing unassisted
now i am looking for a gravel or urban bike with lighter weight primary consideration under 2 k fair amount of power 350-500 watts 36 volt is fine and last consideration stealthy plus st.this bike has made the list

None, we want a full/detailed review! My main question is still: Do you have to stop pedaling to shift? How does it up shift under load? How does it down shift under load? I'm talking manual shifting. I vary my cadence to much to ever get a grip on auto shift, so my questions concern manual shifting. BUT, we would like a auto-shift review as well.

I saw 2 YouTube owner videos today and it seems you can shift under load in manual mode, but have to pause in auto mode. Very interesting.

Last edited:
None, we want a full/detailed review! My main question is still: Do you have to stop pedaling to shift? How does it up shift under load? How does it down shift under load? I'm talking manual shifting. I vary my cadence to much to ever get a grip on auto shift, so my questions concern manual shifting. BUT, we would like a auto-shift review as well.

IME so far, Pinion gearbox allow shifting anytime, load or no load.
Manual shifting is just like Shimano internal geared hub, you can shift at a standstill and it would still go into gear.
I prefer manual shifting myself, just so I have the freedom to choose my cadence.
For someone not used to shifting on a bicycle, the programable auto-shift can be really helpful.
Especially when rider come to a stop and forget to shift into lower gear, the auto-shift would shift for you as your speed/cadence lower before the stop.
I haven't setup the auto-shift cadence from my phone yet, probably won't until when my wife wants to try the Lectric One,
she doesn't bother with shifting (manually) much on any of her bikes.

Back