So what's the guess on the new Lectric ONE product coming March 12?

This eBike is a BIG deal for the price...this from Electrek.."At this point, it seems like Lectric is just playing God with the entire e-bike market. I’m not exaggerating when I say this gearbox is extremely expensive. You literally couldn’t buy just gearbox for the price of this bike. It’s only through Lectric’s massive size and extreme purchasing power that they could even put it on a bike in this price class. The next cheapest e-bike I can find that has this same Pinion C1.6i auto-shifting gearbox is the Stromer ST7, which is a $13,000 electric bike."....THINK about that before thinking this is too high end for most buyers.
I keep seeing this, but not actually the same Pinion gearbox as the Stromer ST7. Big difference. The ST7 (as does Priorities new HXT non-ebike) uses the Pinion C1.12 with a 600% gear range. The Lectric One is a C1.6 with a 295% gear range. 12 speed vs. 6 speed. Example - the Rohloff is like 526%. Though both the ST7 and the One are smart shifts. So maybe Pinion has a bunch of C1.6's they want to get on some ebikes.

Last edited:
ONE way or another (pun intended)...this new offering will surely cause a lot of discussion and scrambling in the eBike space. Lectric keeps moving the goal posts on the rest of the field and boy, they have done it again. The range of models from the XP Lite to the new Lectric ONE... truly has something for every budget. The thing that separates them from the rest...is the VALUE at every level. It's hard to name any model and say..."Oh, I can get more for less from whoever". The ONLY exception imo is perhaps the new Ride1Up PORTOLA which is the one eBike I would buy in a heart beat over the XP 3.0, as it has everything the XP 3.0 has at the same price (with an easy pop-out battery right in the frame and NO "key" issues to deal with which we all wish would go away.

6 whole gears. man not going to be a great hill climber.
Yup, you're probably right. With it's 39 chain ring and 24 rear cog, looks like about mid 30's gear inches in gear 1 to 110-115 gear inches at gear 6. Will be interesting to see some hill climbs, but looks like it's built for speed.

It appears this is TRULY targeted to pavement only commuters (replacing the car whenever possible). It is not for beginners, riders on a budget, it's not portable, or made for off road trails or RV people. I can also see using it for delivery services (with all that power, torque and being maintenance free for the most part). I can also see it a good choice for senior citizens of which I am. Being maintenance free (wink wink), not needing to shift, and just having a smooth, effortless ride...is all good. Having said that, the power to weight ratio might turn older folks off. It's a burner for sure. If it can be programmed for a more "tame" ride, its a good option for seniors. The down side...Once the word gets out on the street...I can see these being HUGE targets for thieves. I would always be worried about it being stolen (no matter what security device you put on it).

Meh. Ugly battery position. Pass. Probably weighs a ton as well.
I don't like it aesthetically either, but it's much easier to get on and off the bike than the Lectric XPs. If given a choice, I'd accept a bit of butt-ugly to a pain-in-the-butt.

I think its more like the XP Lite (on steroids as was said before). However given its a 1st generation product, I would not buy one. That's just me as I have never bought anything that is first generation. Also, being a "mid drive" model...why did Lectric discontinue the XPremium..?..I remember all the hype that went viral when that model was introduced.

With a company like Lectric, products are backed by warranty, customer service are readily available,
even purchases made can be disputed with your credit card company, I don't see much danger to 1st gen product with them.
I've purchased Lectric XP, XPTrike (excellent value for $1500) in the last few years, never had an issue.
Whether the new Lectric One is hype or good value, it's up to the person who actually rides it.

I think its more like the XP Lite (on steroids as was said before). However given its a 1st generation product, I would not buy one. That's just me as I have never bought anything that is first generation. Also, being a "mid drive" model...why did Lectric discontinue the XPremium..?..I remember all the hype that went viral when that model was introduced.
I think Lectric prefers dealing with hub drive motors probably for cost scale and support/maintenance.

OrTrek:​

Yup, you're probably right. With it's 39 chain ring and 24 rear cog, looks like about mid 30's gear inches in gear 1 to 110-115 gear inches at gear 6. Will be interesting to see some hill climbs, but looks like it's built for speed.

How did you calculate the gear ratios?
The info I could find said 0.95 to 0.32 on the gearbox.
((39/24)*(20"))/0.32=102"
That is too low for 20mph and way too low for 28mph if my math is right.
How easy is it to change the cogs?

How did you calculate the gear ratios?
The info I could find said 0.95 to 0.32 on the gearbox.
((39/24)*(20"))/0.32=102"
That is too low for 20mph and way too low for 28mph if my math is right.
How easy is it to change the cogs?
From here - gear inches. https://www.gear-calculator.com. Use the P1.6 (same specs as the C1.6 that Lectric uses).

Changing cogs, depends on the bike. The cog change itself is usually pretty straight forward on a chain drive. BUT...with belt drives it depends on the chain ring, cog size, belt teeth and horizontal dropout length of the bike. Gates has info on this - index.html- . I run 4 single speeds (2-ebikes, 2 non-ebikes), which in a way is what the Pinion can provide at least to changing rear cogs. I can move a FEW cog teeth up or down on all of my bikes without a different belt and do so depending on my needs. Of course Gates CDX and CDC cogs are more expensive than chain cogs. I believe this bike would allow some cog changes without changing belts. Haven't looked closely, but Lectric should be able to provide that info.

Last edited:
Back