So Sonders Is Advertising On Popular Websites ... BUT

Do you think they made a bike with the geometry to fit an Orangutan?

Hey... orangutans ride bikes too. :)

1599153542366.png

Your point doesn’t stand at all. What is the reach? Do you even know? Of course you don’t. Do you think they made a bike with the geometry to fit an Orangutan?

1599153237897.png

He's standing right next to the bike and we know he's about 5'8", so we can make some observations. First, the bottom of the frame comes up to about his knees. Strike one. Second, where the seat is currently located, his legs will have to be straight or close to straight to reach the pedal at the bottom of the stroke. Bottoming out the seat post may work fine for him, but probably not someone who's closer to 5' even. Strike two. Third, imagine him sitting on the seat and then reaching out to securely hold onto the handlebars. He's going to need to lean over and/or extend his arms. There's just too much space between the seat and the handlebars. Strike three.

1599153678571.png

Now compare that to this pic of Micah (I believe he's 5'7") on a RadRunner. Even without his nephews, he would still be seated upright. The seat is low and the bars are right in front of him. There's almost a 90 degree bend in his arms. The RadRunner may not be the most comfortable to pedal, but this is similar to what a rider on a step-thru should be able to achieve. I don't see how that's possible for shorter riders on the Sondors. There's also a reason the RadRunner comes with 20" wheels and tires. Those 26" fat tires dramatically raise the Sondors up off the ground.

Your point doesn’t stand at all. What is the reach? Do you even know? Of course you don’t. Do you think they made a bike with the geometry to fit an Orangutan?
Don’t you think it’s a problem the company won’t list the specs? Just order off these computer renderings and “trust us”? When they only sold the fat, there were a lot of people selling brand new bikes because they didn’t fit the frame. They started cutting off seat posts and even put on low profile tires. Communication and specs have never been a strong suit for Sondors.

Don’t you think it’s a problem the company won’t list the specs? Just order off these computer renderings and “trust us”? When they only sold the fat, there were a lot of people selling brand new bikes because they didn’t fit the frame. They started cutting off seat posts and even put on low profile tires. Communication and specs have never been a strong suit for Sondors.

Exactly. I could understand if they're finalizing specific parts fitted to the bike or changing things like battery capacity or programming, but those things don't impact geometry numbers. Especially when there's only one frame size, it's plain bad business practice to hide that information from consumers. And it's even worse to ignore the need for that information while simultaneously asking for a $299 "deposit." The demo bikes exist right there at the promo event, get your tape measure out, boys!

Maybe the bikes are smaller than they look, I could be wrong. But Sondors clearly sees itself as an established brand and not some fly-by-night direct-from-China-knockoff indigogo/kickstarter ebike company. They need to start acting like it.

Sondors invested in shills for every new entry. I expect this marketing push to evolve the same way. Shill the heck out of the market.

Shill, an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.

@Thomas Jaszewski

Of coarse you are entitled to your perspective on this, but I own a Sondors, and I maintain there are many better Ebikes out there as you well know.
BUT....they are within a similar family of Ebikes that are entry level for people that don't want to spend 3K plus on their very first Ebike, companies like Rad Power, Volt, Rize and Juiced and they all are serving the market well.
I see all these brands out there literally, and people enjoying their Ebikes within the entry level end of the Ebike market.

If you have a young family and an average wage, I hardly doubt you can afford to spend so much on a high end Ebike, however you might be able to afford to buy one of the mentioned brands, and in some cases the family is buying 2 which doubles the price as both family members want to ride as a couple.

And for that reason I find your rhetoric to be harsher than it needs to be towards that segment of the market, people with less means should be allowed to enjoy Ebikes too.
Do you begrudge their joy that the these brands are allowing these people to enjoy ?

I might add the spin off to all the LBS is great too I probably spent another $500 in them tooling up for riding last year.

Last edited:
Sondors invested in shills for every new entry. I expect this marketing push to evolve the same way. Shill the heck out of the market.
I always used the word, disciple to describe those folks. They go to lengths to defend Sondors at all costs. Even send him cash to develop that 3 wheeled “car” with no return to them. I may yield to your term from time to time! I had two of their fat bikes, and had fun on them. But never drank the Kool Aid on how amazing they were supposed to be.

I find your rhetoric to be harsher than it needs to be towards that segment of the market
Not against the market, I've just watched the dissapointments and high costs of upgrading a Sondors bike to meet the standards the others you mention meet. eRad, Juiced and others are far better values and don't need shills to promote.

Back