SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

IMG_2639.JPG
 
Spotted at a favorite breakfast place in Carlsbad Village, which I ride to and through a lot. They deserve the Nobel Prize in hash browns.

View attachment 214183
There's often a line, but I'd somehow never noticed the Doggie Menu thoughtfully placed where the doggies can read it.

View attachment 214181
A bit over the top, but the next time we have Roxie with us, we'll surprise her with that bacon and egg Bark Brunch Bowl just for kicks. A long way from her usual of sniffing out every last crumb left under the table.

View attachment 214182
She does love her eggs. Give her my breakfast plate to lick nearly every morning — which of course puts me under intense surveillance the whole time I'm eating.
I used to do the same with my Jack, and he always made sure to get every bit of the yolk! Been gone almost two years now. He was a good’un!
 
I used to do the same with my Jack, and he always made sure to get every bit of the yolk! Been gone almost two years now. He was a good’un!

Sorry about Jack. Really hurts to lose a buddy like that.

20260410_121714.jpg

Bet if you went over a breakfast plate Roxie'd licked with an atomic-force microscope, there wouldn't be a molecule of egg left.
 
Dropped the bike off yesterday at my LBS (Cadence Cyclery, Encinitas) for some long-awaited mods. And as usual, stayed to look over all the bikes I'd have to win a lottery or rob a bank to afford.

20260928_115123.jpg
20260928_115140.jpg

Lower-end version of the latest Specialized Tarmac racer. Lots of S-works Tarmacs show up at World Tour races and win more than their share. Very classy navy on white paint. Cadence also sells Spesh ebikes.

20260928_115153.jpg
20260928_115207.jpg
20260928_115212.jpg

20260928_115218.jpg

ENVE carbon-everything — wheels, frame, cockpit, aero bottle holders. No price tag. Estimated weight well under the UCI minimum of 6.8 kg.

1790744736640.png

That big triple logo looks sooooo good on bike wheels — especially on video at speed! (Bet they did that on purpose.)

20260928_115857.jpg
20260928_115910.jpg
20260928_115832.jpg

Colnago C72, special La Scala paint job, Campy everything, all handmade in Italy. Only 5 of the 72 built sent to the US. The gold badge and paint flecks are, yep, real gold. The most expensive bike I've ever touched.

The bling's a turn-off for me, but lots of folks around here have more money than they know what to do with and need other folks to understand that.
 
Last edited:
Jeremy, when I look at such kind of bikes, I always console myself thinking: "I would be laughed at if I ever mounted such a bike and rode a popular cycling trail" :)

Two memories:
  • I once demo rode a Creo SL (the road version). My average speed was 23.3 km/h (14.48 mph). Any road cyclist was overtaking me!
  • I got a Specialized Epic 8 Expert bike for a demo ride. My average speed on the "fastest XC bike in the world" was just 14 km/h (8.7 mph)
So I never dream of those otherwise wonderful machines! :)
 
Jeremy, when I look at such kind of bikes, I always console myself thinking: "I would be laughed at if I ever mounted such a bike and rode a popular cycling trail" :)

So many high-end bikes here — especially road and gravel — that no one would laugh.

So I never dream of those otherwise wonderful machines! :)

Wouldn't say I dream of them, either. I'm lucky enough to have the bike I want (Vado SL) at a fraction of the cost. But I like to admire these masterpieces when I can get a good look and would definitely love to try a few.
 
We sell ENVE, mostly wheels, and the Mog gravel bikes. We sold a limited edition Colnago titanium bike this spring that we took on trade. It went out the door for 19K, used. Full EPS. We are a Colnago dealer, and have sold a bunch of C, Y, and V series this year. Nowhere near as many as Pinarello, but enough to make it worthwhile to keep the line.

My bike has been ordered. It will ship as parts and a frame. The frame is in the queue for production in Italy. No ETA. It should be here by the end of the year.
 
We sell ENVE, mostly wheels, and the Mog gravel bikes. We sold a limited edition Colnago titanium bike this spring that we took on trade. It went out the door for 19K, used. Full EPS. We are a Colnago dealer, and have sold a bunch of C, Y, and V series this year. Nowhere near as many as Pinarello, but enough to make it worthwhile to keep the line.

My bike has been ordered. It will ship as parts and a frame. The frame is in the queue for production in Italy. No ETA. It should be here by the end of the year.

You're getting a Pinarello Dogma, right? They've had some Dogma Fs on the floor — even more gorgeous in person, as images don't do the 3D aero sculpting justice.
 
The decals show a rainbow color depending on the viewing angle. The wheels will always be black, though. If I don't get the Princeton's then they will ship Scope.

Before I tape the bars, I'll add the sprint shifters. I've had them for so long now, I'd miss them. I'm trying to get a gel version of the Selle Italia Superflow that I have now, but they are dropping it from the line so it's all about NOS. I was planning on swapping my Candy 13's over from the Allroad, but I may end up going back to road shoes. I really don't want to do that. I'll add the Most outfront mount for the Garmin, and attach the RearVue to the seatpost. I'm also thinking of going tubeless from the get go. That's about it.
 
Back