SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

metime
Rode Sacramento's American River Trail today. Saw these weed eaters out doing a fine fuel suppression effort as the State's fire seasons ramps up;

View attachment 59874
100's of goats taking a mid-day break after breakfast.

There were several herds (flocks?) of goats and sheep mowing down dried wild grasses and weeds in the State Park lands that encompass portions of the trail. They are contained in their grazing areas with a moveable agricultural fence. Areas that have been grazed look like a mower went through.

Goats will eat just about anything, if they can reach it. They'll get up on their hind legs to munch on tree leaves and tender branches. Trees in their grazing areas are all trimmed uniformly to have no branches within 4 feet of the ground. Very odd looking.

As I understand it these herds are privately owned and contract the herds out to munch away on whatever you've got. So what would you name such a company; Goats Are Us, Weed to Feed, Have Weed Eaters Will Travel?
Several weeks ago I posted a photo of the 18 acre solar pv install at the local university. They rent sheep to keep the grass and weeds down there, too. I didn't mention it b/c I couldn't get them in the picture ... sheep run away from anything ... even a silent ebike. But that's a thing now ... "rent a sheep" doesn't sound professional ... maybe "certified organic vegetation supression" ?

The best rust bucket(metal) sculpture. A memorial to a local drummer in his brothers front yard. The story is that the drummer was the inspiration for Jim Hanson's Amimal character. All made from scrap ... the cymbals are hubcaps , the drums are chip tins, the hair is electric wire, etc.
20200721_152038.jpg

metime

Several weeks ago I posted a photo of the 18 acre solar pv install at the local university. They rent sheep to keep the grass and weeds down there, too. I didn't mention it b/c I couldn't get them in the picture ... sheep run away from anything ... even a silent ebike. But that's a thing now ... "rent a sheep" doesn't sound professional ... maybe "certified organic vegetation supression" ?
I'd guess that "certified organic vegetation supression" in how this is described in the offical budget line item...🤣

I'd guess that "certified organic vegetation supression" in how this is described in the offical budget line item...🤣
The University did some good p/r stuff with knitted wool ... mascots? keyfobs that looked like sheep? ... Stuff apart from the new mascot ( a non existant bird of prey that can't offend anyone) and installing lots of infrastructure, but they got more publicity about the sheep ... the "certified organic vegetation supression" system mentioned probably paid for their own rent in p/r saved

We were going to a different city for the first time and google had us go over this nice bridge and up the road on the next side. Only the next road was a huge cemetery I stopped and checked and yep thats where the directions said to go. Had a long climb and the first hint was this mausoleum on the side of the hill there were two doglegs before you made it to the graves. They were above and this was a fancy graveyard. But it had bike directions the whole way through. Never found that before. It was all uphill but a really nice ride for a hot day. When we got past it and on our way the road we were supposed to take was closed. So we came back and I saw bike path through the forrest and ended up in a small national forrest with really nice paved paths all the way through in several directions. Even saw a emergency phone with a light.
IMG_1306.jpg
IMG_1303.jpg
IMG_1305.jpg
IMG_1304.jpg

This is something I pass by often on my rides. What it means, I couldn't tell ya. If ever somebody is out in the yard there, I'm going to go ask, but till then, it's a mystery. DSC_1741.JPG

This is something I pass by often on my rides. What it means, I couldn't tell ya. If ever somebody is out in the yard there, I'm going to go ask, but till then, it's a mystery. View attachment 60299
Its a sword and sorcery game.

Check out this tandem ebike by Pedego. Has a rear hub drive only, completely separate from the pedals and chain system. The riders use the electric assist on hills or a strong headwind. Don't know what class it would be.
It's a very pretty red.

Fooferdoggie, looks like this system is a little different than the tandem ebike you ride.

1595898134251.png

Hunh. I know nothing of such games. At the website I notice that everyone in the company is male. Seems so odd. But then, I never got past Pong in video games. Not my thing.

Amphibian of the Day: This Western Toad ( I shall call him Jabba ) is nocturnal and had dug himself a nice bed in the bark mulch of a playground until the tots found him: These toads walk like Salamanders and do not hop as much as Frogs.
1595991380926.png

Last edited:
Back