SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Rode a local route yesterday that I've only driven before since it gets pretty steep. On the way, I went looking for a monument placed out in the forest. I'd read about it but never visited it. I found it;

View attachment 58597
Didn't find it on any maps, so I just rode the forest trails until there it was.

View attachment 58596
Placed in 1936 this monument marks the resting place of Sheriff Douglass and one of his assailants. The second is believed to have shot the sheriff. The story has it that in 1961 a man then living in Sacramento, CA confessed to the Sheriff's shooting back in 1896.

There are a few more details here; http://www.nevadacounty.com/1896-sheriff-david-fulton-douglass-is-killed-in-the-line-of-duty/ .
Always cool to uncover a bit of local history ...

2nd day of ownership, 5th tee box ODonnell Golf in Palm Springs CA. The sun was just coming up and it only got to 115 that day!
Ebike .jpg

Welcome to EBR!
Where is O'Donnell? We play Escena when we come down for winter break (or used to). Plus Desert Willow and others in the Valley. I'd love to haul my bike down with the clubs too. Looks like primo bike country!

Where is O'Donnell? We play Escena when we come down for winter break (or used to). Plus Desert Willow and others in the Valley. I'd love to haul my bike down with the clubs too. Looks like primo bike country!

Hi Randall

Intersection of Bellardo and Amado. Oldest course in the Coachella Valley (Built in 1925) Only 9 holes but alot of fun to play...

The only orange beach I know of. Runs about 300 feet.
The site was a clay pipe factory until the seventies. All the rejects were thrown in the lake and the waves broke up the pieces.View attachment 59017View attachment 59018
There's a public beach in a small Nothern California coastal town called Glass Beach. Tourists love to head there to find pieces of colored glass that have been smoothed into pebbles by the ocean. Much like those in your pics, but much smaller. Many aren't aware that it's the site of the former city trash dump! Just back the trucks up to the cliff and over it went.

85D6672A-C122-4175-8E64-68BB33BF456D.jpeg
Deer living in the middle of a large city. They exist in a buffer zone separating oil refineries from residential housing. A fence keeps them separated from people and a creek connects them to the main herd north of the city. Also home to coyote and fox but they are notoriously difficult to approach.

Back