SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

This Octopus is holding a plastic bottle with a ship in it. Something feels ironic. I assume the graffiti is the work of other somewhat less talented "artists".
1594256358679.png

Last edited:
The Fiero is better looking than that Ferrari. They’re getting ridiculous with all these cutout lines all over the body. Never gonna do a better looking one than the original Dino, which Enzo famously said was NOT a Ferrari.

Had a new '72 240Z, the Americanized version of the Japanese Fairlady. What a fun car! V6, torque, manual tranny, tight suspension, Wow! My new bride and I would go SCUBA diving and camping out of this little car. Sold it when our first son was on the way. Wish I could have kept it, but hey, the grandkids are worth it...😉

Edit - The 240Z was not a V6, it had an inline dual carb 6cyl. Ours was a racing orange in color. My wife called it a little pumpkin seed. I called it fast, esp on an early morning drive over the Santa Cruz mountains to the Pacific.

Last edited:
Rode a local route yesterday that I've only driven before since it gets pretty steep. On the way, I went looking for a monument placed out in the forest. I'd read about it but never visited it. I found it;

Monument.jpg

Didn't find it on any maps, so I just rode the forest trails until there it was.

Sheriff Douglass.jpg

Placed in 1936 this monument marks the resting place of Sheriff Douglass and one of his assailants. The second is believed to have shot the sheriff. The story has it that in 1961 a man then living in Sacramento, CA confessed to the Sheriff's shooting back in 1896.

There are a few more details here; http://www.nevadacounty.com/1896-sheriff-david-fulton-douglass-is-killed-in-the-line-of-duty/ .

As I continued my ride I came across several youth summer camps that were eerily quite;

Empty Tepee.jpg

No campouts and s'mores this summer, thanks to C19.

Empty Lake.jpg

There should be canoes and swimmers on this little lake, with volleyball and just about every other summer sport out in the surrounding meadows. This year there were only a couple of maintenance crews do some repairs. Very strange. This lake was formed during California's Gold Rush by damming two creeks. The stored water was originally used to generate electricity and to divert water for local hydraulic mining operations for the 49er's.

There's more local history here; http://goldenempirecouncil.org/history-of-gold-hollow/ .

Back