SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Great looking machine. Liv part of Giant apparently. Was not familiar with the LIV brand other than the rebel golf league!

It was a beautiful day, NW Calgary with the rockies off in the distance..
yesterday was 35C and this ride was around 28C.
Just taking a water break.
It's been sweltering here as well. Glad to see you get out on the Nose.
My bike? It's a Liv Intrigue.

Giant brand for ladies - it's basically a Trance.
The geometry is pretty well the same - slightly shorter reach which allows me to go with a higher rise handlebar and reduce neck strain.
Lots of fond memories riding the Trance.

IMG_20220805_1317559.jpg

1000038607.jpg

There is a trail by me that abruptly turns into a tight roundabout circling 2 banana trees. It's a nice spot to take a break and wait for the trail to clear up because it's a nice downhill twisty ride that gets really fast. Couldn't help but look up today and see some food.

On the nicest beach days, the resort hotel above the south end of South Ponto Beach sets up a hospitality canopy for its guests on the gravel berm. On this day, the cheery 20-something guy staffing the canopy was passing time stacking the berm's thoroughly rounded beach cobbles — no easy feat.

20240626_155955.jpg

20240626_154943.jpg

Must've taken a while to gather these cobbles, as most aren't this flattened.

20240626_154857.jpg
20240626_154950.jpg

I was afraid to walk near this elegant masterpiece for fear of toppling it with the vibrations alone, but it never wavered. Thought he might have chipped off some hidden flats to stabilize it, but he said he just got lucky.

20240626_160031.jpg

Later, I banged some of these ultra-tough volcanic rocks together as hard as I could to check his story. Nary a chip.

Beach rock sculptures are kind of a thing in California. This popular spot at the foot of Morro Rock on the central coast is dedicated to the art. This quick video from 2022 doesn't do it justice. The impermanence of the sculptures in the face of big winter storm waves and earthquakes is part of the charm.

Last edited:
Back