SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

we see a lot of them in the UK, theres quite a few near me, great little vehicles, very cheap, the Japanese export cars with the slightest mechanical issue at a certain age., right hand drive seals the deal.
Pickup trucks mostly, adverts will say grey import version
We see quite a few around Seattle too. Vehicles have to be 25 yrs old to import if they don't meet US safety regs. I go by a JDM dealer nearly every day. Their inventory is usually about 1/3 mini pickups/vans, 1/3 Mitsu Delica's usu set up for the van life folks, and 1/3 random although they always have 1 or 2 retired little fire trucks on the lot.

We see quite a few around Seattle too. Vehicles have to be 25 yrs old to import if they don't meet US safety regs. I go by a JDM dealer nearly every day. Their inventory is usually about 1/3 mini pickups/vans, 1/3 Mitsu Delica's usu set up for the van life folks, and 1/3 random although they always have 1 or 2 retired little fire trucks on the lot.
I honestly haven't seen anything like those over here in Pennsylvania. The closest think I've seen were the little utility carts like universities and golf courses use for ground crews, and they aren't street legal.

After returning from a ride, I spotted this giant Asian hornet near the side door of the family home. As a measure of scale, the leaf was about 2" in length.

PXL_20231127_060242628.jpg

My dad told me that people in Europe ate horsemeat during WW II. Things would have to be pretty rough around here for me to eat Secretariat (-:
There used to be a shop (neigh, a stall 😁) in the Pike Place Market in Seattle back in the 70s that sold horsemeat. I bought it once or twice. Perfectly fine meat. Why one sentient being should be somehow more immoral to eat than another is quite subjective. Cows OK, but horses not?

I see now that they have a way to track those Killer Hornets, they loosely tie a string of dental floss around the main body joint and then tie a long piece of tissue paper to the string, and have a drone standing by, after the hornet fills up on meat, and then heads back to the nest, the drone tracks the hornet down to the nest etc.
Attempting to find the video of it now.

Yesterday was apparently "round thing made of round things" day.

20231201_141136.jpg

First, I came across a mysterious round plateau made of round beach cobbles.

20231201_141237.jpg

Probably the work of aliens branching out from crop circles. Stopping down to cut the glare off the water shows just how flat they managed to get the top.

20231201_142517.jpg

Then I rode up to a favorite overlook — the very fancy Alila Marea resort on the bluff immediately above the last spot shown.

20231201_142434.jpg

20231201_142121.jpg

And there I found a freshly planted patch of dandelions. More round things made of round things!

20231201_142159.jpg

20231201_142153.jpg
20231201_142313.jpg
20231201_142248.jpg

Very cool geometry executed in lucite and stainless steel.

Screenshot_20231201_165552_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231201_165638_Chrome.jpg

Similar light sculptures found online. The resort will apparently be using theirs as Christmas decorations. Can't wait to see them at night!

More monkeying around the neighborhood. It appeared that this entire troupe was returning to their home base from an out-of-territory foray in search of food as the pickings were pretty slim around my wife’s family home in Japan. We heard the neighborhood dogs barking which was a recognized alert to these forest denizens that use the powerlines as their chosen method of conveyance. And we thought racoons were a nuisance….which they are of course.

More monkeying around the neighborhood. It appeared that this entire troupe was returning to their home base from an out-of-territory foray in search of food as the pickings were pretty slim around my wife’s family home in Japan. We heard the neighborhood dogs barking which was a recognized alert to these forest denizens that use the powerlines as their chosen method of conveyance. And we thought racoons were a nuisance….which they are of course.

Question is, who will rise up first, the robots or the monkeys?

Are there dog-monkey encounters other than the barking?

Back