SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Expected rain last night from our current (and rather half-hearted) Pacific storm and was not disappointed. But before it arrived, rode down the hill with the neighbors to have beer and kamboucha under a menacing dusk sky at the South Carlsbad State Beach Campground store — a happenin' place year-round.

20231221_164643.jpg

A live 2-man Calypso band was playing Christmas music from Run, Run Rudolph to O Holy Night.

20231221_171300.jpg

Once it got dark enough for shots like this, we finished our drinks and rode to dinner nearby.

So many things to be thankful for this year!

You have a knack for riding by things I don't see ANY day. But if Portlandia was a fair portrayal even 5% of the time, maybe understandable.

Daughter lives in Portland now and loves it. Will be on the lookout for tandems on our visit in March.
yes it seems so maybe because I ride so much. so many burned vehicles too.
at least two dead people too. one in a car right by our house in the middle of summer on in a parking lot by the bike path. I think several homeless too.

this is a rich part of town Lake Oswego. once every three years they drain part of it for maintenance. boy the people bitch and moan about it.
View attachment 169497
View attachment 169498
Just a quick thought @fooferdoggie . That house doesn't look like a rich person's house. No security fence, no guards, not even dogs.

They can be a lot wealthier than you or I, and still be a long, long way from rich. Rich is Bill Gates and the tech bros, Taylor Swift and the mega stars, Warren Buffet and the fund managers, etc.

That looks like a "nice neighborhood" where people work a job for a living, and get upset when the lake gets drained, ugly, and probably stinky too. Everything is relative, I guess.

Just a quick thought @fooferdoggie . That house doesn't look like a rich person's house. No security fence, no guards, not even dogs.

They can be a lot wealthier than you or I, and still be a long, long way from rich. Rich is Bill Gates and the tech bros, Taylor Swift and the mega stars, Warren Buffet and the fund managers, etc.

That looks like a "nice neighborhood" where people work a job for a living, and get upset when the lake gets drained, ugly, and probably stinky too. Everything is relative, I guess.
this is the yuppie part of town on a manmade lake. its very expensive there. they know it will be drained and they do the repairs needed but they still gripe about it. the median income there is about 122,000 good chance that house is way over 2 million.

The median home price in Lake Oswego is $650,000 with a median price per sqft of $369. The cost of living index for housing estimates the cost of housing in Lake Oswego to be 152.6% of the national average. This makes it one of the more expensive cities in the US.

this is the yuppie part of town on a manmade lake. its very expensive there. they know it will be drained and they do the repairs needed but they still gripe about it. the median income there is about 122,000 good chance that house is way over 2 million.

The median home price in Lake Oswego is $650,000 with a median price per sqft of $369. The cost of living index for housing estimates the cost of housing in Lake Oswego to be 152.6% of the national average. This makes it one of the more expensive cities in the US.
Yeah, I saw recently something about under 1 percent of your population can afford the median priced home. That's an indication that matches the homeless camps you have posted.

Still not rich though if just anyone can ride a bike up that close without showing a pass.
It's been a very long time since I had to work with rich people but even 20 years ago a gated community was the absolute minimum, just to keep the curious out of camera range.

Yeah, I saw recently something about under 1 percent of your population can afford the median priced home. That's an indication that matches the homeless camps you have posted.

Still not rich though if just anyone can ride a bike up that close without showing a pass.
It's been a very long time since I had to work with rich people but even 20 years ago a gated community was the absolute minimum, just to keep the curious out of camera range.
its a whole city before gated communities. I don't see as many gated communities around portland.

Back