SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

A pair of Deer eating blackberries on Burnaby Mtn.
1629142610412.jpeg

The little library is also rare, maybe unique in the world, but cute. Not so for the Pontiac...

In my mind, there is only one classic car. It was my beloved 1957 Chevy convertible. Unfortunately, this poor quality picture is the only one I have. It was taken in 1969 with an old brownie camera on the west bank of the Hudson River near Haverstraw, NY. The "Mothball Fleet" of war surplus Liberty ships can be seen in the background.

img007b.jpg

That's me sitting on the trunk, back when I had all my own hair and joints. 😢

An amazing coincidence happened about a month ago. I had some minor body work done on my present vehicle and I got into a conversation with the body shop owner. When I mentioned my 1957 chevy, a big smile came across his face. He took me out back to a storage building filled with restored cars and opened one of the doors. There was an exact, FULLY restored duplicate of my old car! He told me he picked it up at auction recently and paid almost $200K for it! It was all I could do to keep from openly weeping! I sold the car for $350 in 1975!

Last edited:
Probably sold new new for about $1000 ? Now worth 200 times that, so by that age and rarity criteria, you and I must be worth many millions now. Well, that didn't quite work out...

Back