SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Hill climbs on today's Agenda: Port Moody from the top of Gatensbury st.
1615856058526.png

Just made a Yuba Mundo electric. It got mobbed when I took it to a local vegie stand in downtown Petaluma, California. My friend Sue went for a ride on the back. She was giddy. A case (24 bottles) of beer fits perfectly in the front which I delivered it to the LBS and I was able to tow a test ride bike across town yesterday afternoon. Check out the payload capacity of the rear rack.

Attachments

• Yuba2101.JPG
    Yuba2101.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Yuba2103.JPG
    Yuba2103.JPG
    280.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Yuba2104.JPG
    Yuba2104.JPG
    355.4 KB · Views: 186
Just made a Yuba Mundo electric. It got mobbed when I took it to a local vegie stand in downtown Petaluma, California. My friend Sue went for a ride on the back. She was giddy. A case (24 bottles) of beer fits perfectly in the front which I delivered it to the LBS and I was able to tow a test ride bike across town yesterday afternoon. Check out the payload capacity of the rear rack.
These are from our ride last week. Some of you have already seen. That was a blast.

Attachments

• IMG_9307.JPG
    IMG_9307.JPG
    140.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_9311.jpg
    IMG_9311.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_9315.jpg
    IMG_9315.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_9317.jpg
    IMG_9317.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 169
Chevy Beamont! I thought I knew GM cars of this genre pretty well, but this is one I had never heard of or seen before.
Oops it is a Buick Beaumont not a Chevy ...my bad as I was going from (my poor) memory. Yes a Canadian only model of the Chevy Nova or Chevelle I think.

Last edited:
I carry a Montague bike in my RANS S-7S kitplane (and have for 20 years) and 3 years ago converted it with a tweaked/hot rodded BBSHD Bafang and a Rohloff hub. At home I ride a Surly Wednesday i also hung a BBSHD and a Rohloff on. I wish I could take the fattie on plane trips, and as a joke, tried this. I'm going to need a bigger plane. Meanwhile, the Montague fits neatly inside, where the passenger seat normally goes. It takes less than 3 minutes after landing to be riding off, at a top speed of 38 mph, thanks to the hub's wide gear spread. Landing off airport and then exploring on the bike after I set my camp site up is pretty fun. With my Travoy folding trailer, it's also how I get car gas, what the plane prefers and also much cheaper than avgas.
IMG_20181118_120336337_HDR.jpg
9-29-17 013.jpg
IMG_20210313_101924772_HDR.jpg

@Tomster very cool. Might be a good idea to post a thread in the new almost empty Montague forum as well. Very few members are familiar with the Montague line and automatically assume that folders have only 20 inch wheels and weigh 60 pounds or more. I personally have never even seen a Montague in real life.

I carry a Montague bike in my RANS S-7S kitplane (and have for 20 years) and 3 years ago converted it with a tweaked/hot rodded BBSHD Bafang and a Rohloff hub. At home I ride a Surly Wednesday i also hung a BBSHD and a Rohloff on. I wish I could take the fattie on plane trips, and as a joke, tried this. I'm going to need a bigger plane. Meanwhile, the Montague fits neatly inside, where the passenger seat normally goes. It takes less than 3 minutes after landing to be riding off, at a top speed of 38 mph, thanks to the hub's wide gear spread. Landing off airport and then exploring on the bike after I set my camp site up is pretty fun. With my Travoy folding trailer, it's also how I get car gas, what the plane prefers and also much cheaper than avgas.View attachment 81826View attachment 81827View attachment 81825
Wow ....so you may be at the cutting edge of the creation of a new sport. Shall we call it Skye-biking ?

Wow ....so you may be at the cutting edge of the creation of a new sport. Shall we call it Skye-biking ?
Works for me! A bike, ANY bike, much less a capable ebike, greatly enhances the flying experience. Being able to get around after landing is a big deal, much less being able to trail ride. Instead of grabbing a candy bar out of a vending machine, I now ride into town to get something to eat, bring back gas as I return. The Montague is by no means a serious trail bike, but it does amazingly well. It has a real good low range, and I carry up to two 11.5 AH batteries, 52 VDC. I made a streamlined aluminum pod for them (looks like a bomb), that is mounted under the belly of the plane. I had a electronics geek make me a charger, converting the plane's 12 volt to the proper voltage of 58, so I can charge the batteries in flight. The entire system has worked perfectly for several years now.

Works for me! A bike, ANY bike, much less a capable ebike, greatly enhances the flying experience. Being able to get around after landing is a big deal, much less being able to trail ride. Instead of grabbing a candy bar out of a vending machine, I now ride into town to get something to eat, bring back gas as I return. The Montague is by no means a serious trail bike, but it does amazingly well. It has a real good low range, and I carry up to two 11.5 AH batteries, 52 VDC. I made a streamlined aluminum pod for them (looks like a bomb), that is mounted under the belly of the plane. I had a electronics geek make me a charger, converting the plane's 12 volt to the proper voltage of 58, so I can charge the batteries in flight. The entire system has worked perfectly for several years now.

Tomster,
I did a double take on the first photo. Looks like your ebike is parked next to a gas pump for a refill. Didn't make sense until I read the description. 🙂😆

/offtopic My interest in the Montague comes from RV travel where the same last 10 miles and lack of carrying space issues occur. I first read about them in a boating magazine in a marina. Same issue ... getting from dock to town. Member @vincent owns one as well, and I can see them as really good choice for apartment dwellers, especially if theft is an issue. / end offtopic

/offtopic My interest in the Montague comes from RV travel where the same last 10 miles and lack of carrying space issues occur. I first read about them in a boating magazine in a marina. Same issue ... getting from dock to town. Member @vincent owns one as well, and I can see them as really good choice for apartment dwellers, especially if theft is an issue. / end offtopic
I saw a folder that looked great! Until I found out that there is no distribution and then saw that the chainring/beltring rubs against the frame. I have wanted to convert a Montague for years with upgraded components. What you are doing Tomster is super cool.
1616009594972.png

1616009839559.png

I carry a Montague bike in my RANS S-7S kitplane (and have for 20 years) and 3 years ago converted it with a tweaked/hot rodded BBSHD Bafang and a Rohloff hub. At home I ride a Surly Wednesday i also hung a BBSHD and a Rohloff on. I wish I could take the fattie on plane trips, and as a joke, tried this. I'm going to need a bigger plane. Meanwhile, the Montague fits neatly inside, where the passenger seat normally goes. It takes less than 3 minutes after landing to be riding off, at a top speed of 38 mph, thanks to the hub's wide gear spread. Landing off airport and then exploring on the bike after I set my camp site up is pretty fun. With my Travoy folding trailer, it's also how I get car gas, what the plane prefers and also much cheaper than avgas.
Love the photo of your fat bike hanging off the wing... the perfect bike stand for maintenance! ;)

1616020875977.png

;)

I carry a Montague bike in my RANS S-7S kitplane (and have for 20 years) and 3 years ago converted it with a tweaked/hot rodded BBSHD Bafang and a Rohloff hub. At home I ride a Surly Wednesday i also hung a BBSHD and a Rohloff on. I wish I could take the fattie on plane trips, and as a joke, tried this. I'm going to need a bigger plane. Meanwhile, the Montague fits neatly inside, where the passenger seat normally goes. It takes less than 3 minutes after landing to be riding off, at a top speed of 38 mph, thanks to the hub's wide gear spread. Landing off airport and then exploring on the bike after I set my camp site up is pretty fun. With my Travoy folding trailer, it's also how I get car gas, what the plane prefers and also much cheaper than avgas.View attachment 81826View attachment 81827View attachment 81825
I would love to see some more pics of your Montague and I'm sure I'm not alone. 👍 👍👍

Back