SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Reminds me of an old story.

Two hikers were being followed by a bear. One stopped and pulled a pair of running shoes out of his pack. His hiking buddy sees this and says,

"Why running shoes? You can't out run a bear!"

And his buddy says,

"Bear? I don't need to outrun the bear. I just need to outrun you!"

🤣

Reminds me of an old story.

Two hikers were being followed by a bear. One stopped and pulled a pair of running shoes out of his pack. His hiking buddy sees this and says,

"Why running shoes? You can't out run a bear!"

And his buddy says,

"Bear? I don't need to outrun the bear. I just need to outrun you!"

🤣
When I heard that story it was a cougar...

Unless it's a mother protecting her cubs... :eek:

Kyle Burgess, 26, recorded a terrifying, six-minute encounter with a cougar (aka mountain lion, puma) on Saturday at Slate Canyon near Provo, Utah.
The video shows the cat methodically following Burgess, eventually pouncing at him with her massive claws while hissing.

A bobcat is not a cougar/mtn lion/puma. Bobcats are much smaller. A bobcat will be less than 45lbs, while a cougar will grow to 175.

Unless it's a mother protecting her cubs... :eek:

Kyle Burgess, 26, recorded a terrifying, six-minute encounter with a cougar (aka mountain lion, puma) on Saturday at Slate Canyon near Provo, Utah.
The video shows the cat methodically following Burgess, eventually pouncing at him with her massive claws while hissing.

A Port Moody ( 5 km from here ) man recorded a mother cougar and three kittens in his backyard cam Friday. Effective immediately I will self-impose a night time curfew .
1613003243666.png
1613003487092.png

Last edited:
Pretty bike.
What are those orange things at the end of the handlebars?
They appear to be decorative ball ends on the brake levers.
Correct! The bike is painted in the famous Gulf Oil livery from '60/70s... the decorative balls are designed to look like the gulf logo.
The rear bike fender also has a small ducktail spoiler like the car silhouette behind it. ;)

1613064550669.png

1613064455510.png
1613064681261.png

Last edited:
Thanks, and the First bike by Kirkpatrick Macmillan 1830
Really ? When was the change from pennyfarthing to safety frames ? I heard it was the same family a generation apart and guessed electric bikes were several generations later.

Red ribbon could be a second place prize winning plant, or a seed mixture if the area is being developed. Or just random trash. Can't see if it's attached to a plant or stake .
Art, it was tied to a blade of dead grass in an area that is at least 12 miles from the nearest fairground and a mile from the nearest home and that brown area directly in front of it is an elk trail in an area that no one goes to all that often AFAICT I would say none of the above other than perhaps random trash.

It is in the center of this shot

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 5.53.35 AM.png

Art, it was tied to a blade of dead grass in an area that is at least 12 miles from the nearest fairground and a mile from the nearest home and that brown area directly in front of it is an elk trail in an area that no one goes to all that often AFAICT I would say none of the above other than perhaps random trash.

It is in the center of this shot

View attachment 78888
Yep. Random trash in an empty area. But someone won a prize at the state fair sometime not that long ago.

Back