SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

A major turkey crossing this afternoon... more than 20 were in this flock. ;)

1612578759842.png
1612578739773.png

But not from predators. We're losing our turkeys to coyotes and bobcats at an alarming rate. Numbers cut in half just the past couple years. :mad:
We have an increasing number of coyotes hunting up and down the nearby creek. They aren't hunting turkeys necessairly. We've lost a couple of cats to them. Very weird to hear them howling down at the creek when they're chasing dinner.

Was riding into town a few months ago. A lone coyote loped across the road without giving me a second thought.

But not from predators. We're losing our turkeys to coyotes and bobcats at an alarming rate. Numbers cut in half just the past couple years. :mad:
I'll trade you as many turkeys as you want for one bobcat. They are a year round nuisance here. Flocks of 50 or more are common in our driveway & front lawn this time of year.

Turkey (7)a.jpg Turkey (4)a.jpg

The wife is constantly chasing them out of the garden. They aren't afraid of us and act like they own the place. They nest on the property and even teach their chicks how to dig up insects in the garden.
Turkey (2)a.jpg Turkey (3)a.jpg

They aren't the smartest birds and are a hoot to watch though. Along with the other wildlife we get, they are a constant source of entertainment.

I'll trade you as many turkeys as you want for one bobcat. They are a year round nuisance here. Flocks of 50 or more are common in our driveway & front lawn this time of year.

View attachment 78538 View attachment 78537

The wife is constantly chasing them out of the garden. They aren't afraid of us and act like they own the place. They nest on the property and even teach their chicks how to dig up insects in the garden.
View attachment 78535 View attachment 78536

They aren't the smartest birds and are a hoot to watch though. Along with the other wildlife we get, they are a constant source of entertainment.

We see a bobcat about once a year... thankfully from a distance. ;)

Yeah, if you see one close, and it's not running away, beware.
Bobcats don't mess with people unless there's something very wrong with the animal and we always suspect rabies.

Unless it's a mother protecting her cubs... :eek:

Kyle Burgess, 26, recorded a terrifying, six-minute encounter with a cougar (aka mountain lion, puma) on Saturday at Slate Canyon near Provo, Utah.
The video shows the cat methodically following Burgess, eventually pouncing at him with her massive claws while hissing.

Last edited:
The owner of this vintage gas station garage in my neighborhood has done a nice job remodeling the old structure that once stood in its place. He has a couple of hydraulic lifts inside and plenty of memorabilia to boot. I often see him driving around in his rat rod which he stores inside during the winter. It's pretty cool to see the building lit up at night!
IMG_20210207_1456475.jpg

Unless it's a mother protecting her cubs... :eek:

Kyle Burgess, 26, recorded a terrifying, six-minute encounter with a cougar (aka mountain lion, puma) on Saturday at Slate Canyon near Provo, Utah.
The video shows the cat methodically following Burgess, eventually pouncing at him with her massive claws while hissing.

We always carry bear spray. Even in the winter. And it is for cougars. Bears can be out too.
The trick is that everyone in the party should have bear spray not just one person.
One of my friends has a backpack with a frame that sticks up above his head, so when skiing his neck is protected if a cougar would jump on him.

Back