Show us pictures of where you ride your ebikes!

0828201057_copy_412x728.jpg

Meandering locally as the heat and humidity will allow. Sticking to the gravel roads because they are peaceful and relaxing, especially when the sun tries to set you on fire if you venture out into it too long. I have the perfect 9 mile loop on beautifully maintained 100% tree shaded and woodside gravel roads with pastoral and mountain views, starting and ending at my own driveway.
0828201100_copy_1091x776.jpg

A local landowner 2 miles up the road had hired a crew to cut down some old, diseased trees along his mile of road frontage. The tree crew swiftly dispatched two trees, but when they felled and started cutting up the remains of the third tree they found, much to their hasty retreat, a very very VERY large bee hive in the rotted core of the tree trunk. They told the landowner, who placed a call to the local beekeeper up the road to come collect the bees if she wanted them. This is her in the photo above, dressed to evaluate what needed to be done to "relocate" the colony to her hives. She told me later the bees were "very angry" and to take care when passing by the felled tree. I know I would be angry, too, if somebody chopped down my custom designed "condominium". From the size of the honeycombs inside the rotten core of the tree, those bees had been in residence for a very long time.

I hope she managed to salvage the colony before the fierce thunderstorms we had last night. Nice lady. Sells great honey.

Last edited:
Good to see you operational again, Flora! A little humidity down your way, yes?

Fall is coming quickly, you’ll be in the catbird seat come October. Nice to see your stories again after a tough August.
Thank you, Dave. Yes, the heat and humidity here in Virginia has been ridiculous, and very discouraging. The few rides I could squeeze in, and not be knocked flat by the overwhelming humidity, have been local and short distance and not all that noteworthy . September's better weather can't come soon enough.

A bit foggy on my ride this morning... seeing whitetail deer, a red tailed hawk, wild turkey families and other critters with few other people on the trails as summer winds down. Great time of the year to be out on a bike... especially for me, an e-Bike.

A couple of days riding with the Redshift ShockStop stem now, and I am finding it just perfect for my needs. It’s mate the seatpost will arrive this week. Looking forward to it smoothing out the backside part of my ride.

I am finding the Trek Verve + 3 to be a surprisingly versatile bike for me, as I transition to more fairly smooth gravel/ trail riding versus pavement.

F74BC011-9FC8-4EE7-BDC6-6A9C7E937F93.jpeg

Last edited:
A bit of a dreary day here on the shore of Southern Lake Huron. Some light rain, but I headed out anyway for my nearby Pinery Provincial Park. It will likely be one of the last really busy days there this Labour Day weekend, before kids head back to school here in Ontario.

I try to avoid most of the crowds and vehicle traffic by sticking to trails rather than the paved roads in the park (Doing so yesterday landed me in a patch of poison ivy when I failed to negotiate a slow tight turn around a fallen tree. Today could only be better!)

The park is about the most northerly extent of the Carolinian environment, a vast swath of oak and grassy savannah that stretched up from the gulf coast of the USA, and it’s the only part of that environment that borders on fresh water. There are a few species of flora and fauna that only exist in this park anywhere on the planet.

As often happens, I came across lots of wildlife; deer and wild turkeys among them again today in a 36 km round trip.

Attachments

• C2DD3A05-8E94-40E0-A58F-CB39F33DF9D9.jpeg
    C2DD3A05-8E94-40E0-A58F-CB39F33DF9D9.jpeg
    653.6 KB · Views: 308
  • 81CB53E1-62B3-4F85-8D17-665573A6FD09.jpeg
    81CB53E1-62B3-4F85-8D17-665573A6FD09.jpeg
    931.5 KB · Views: 292
  • AC596875-A69B-4901-847E-96280BED0FE3.jpeg
    AC596875-A69B-4901-847E-96280BED0FE3.jpeg
    862.7 KB · Views: 295
  • 1F7FE22D-C08C-48C2-8709-B0B40EEA251E.jpeg
    1F7FE22D-C08C-48C2-8709-B0B40EEA251E.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Today we went to the Olympic Hotsprings Road, but a bridge is washed out (as in totally gone) and the road is closed. So we turned around and road up the Little River Road, which skirts the northern edge of the Olympic National Park. Comes out at Hurricane Ridge Rd, by Lake Dawn, right by the line-up to get into the National Park there. It's a lovely ride and very little traffic. Going back down will cost you zero watts pretty much all the way to the Elwha River. DSC_1791.JPG

A bit foggy on my ride this morning... seeing whitetail deer, a red tailed hawk, wild turkey families and other critters with few other people on the trails as summer winds down. Great time of the year to be out on a bike... especially for me, an e-Bike.

A couple of days riding with the Redshift ShockStop stem now, and I am finding it just perfect for my needs. It’s mate the seatpost will arrive this week. Looking forward to it smoothing out the backside part of my ride.

I am finding the Trek Verve + 3 to be a surprisingly versatile bike for me, as I transition to more fairly smooth gravel/ trail riding versus pavement.

View attachment 64150
So you seem to be riding your Verve+3 off pavement a lot. Isn’t it just shaking the crap out of you? Do you still have the original tires, etc.? We looked at the Verve+3 and I just couldn’t see it being a good bike for any but paved surfaces.

@DaveMatthews is that out along towards Reifel island? I'm just across the border from you in Bellingham. @Readytoride saw one of your ride maps earlier and meant comment - my beloved Uncle Bob was the former mayor of Bluemont! So many fond memories of holidays at his house, which is about halfway up the hill towards Route 7.

@DaveMatthews is that out along towards Reifel island? I'm just across the border from you in Bellingham. @Readytoride saw one of your ride maps earlier and meant comment - my beloved Uncle Bob was the former mayor of Bluemont! So many fond memories of holidays at his house, which is about halfway up the hill towards Route 7.
Nope, this route is along the North arm of Fraser River. Reifel is on the South arm. Did that ride in July! :)

Back