Shipping to the United States

Mr. Decaf

When purchasing a new R&M bike, we can choose air freight or sea freight. I imagine that all of the sea freight for the United States comes into one port in a container, and then the individual bikes are transported by FedEx or UPS. I am wondering whether the bikes shipped by air freight all come into one airport, or do they go regional airports for distribution. I also wonder if there are tracking numbers for tracking shipment progress. Does anyone have some insight on any of this?

I ordered my R&M on September 24th. It got put on a boat November 11th. My dealer forgot that I had requested air freight so it missed the plane. Now looking ahead to next year for the boat to arrive. No further tracking information was provided. 42350

I got mine via air freight in two weeks exactly. R&M doesnt post tracking, and to the dealer they only show a little truck icon on their system, no tracking. I asked R&M for tracking, and their response was they couldn't help me due to legal issues, and to check with the dealer. My dealer, San Diego Fly Rides, were superb and went above and beyond to ensure I was happy. R&M is another story, but I suppose they really dont want to deal directly with customers, as they are busy manufacturing.

Attachments

• 20191206_120431.jpg
    20191206_120431.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 453
I ordered my R&M on September 24th. It got put on a boat November 11th. My dealer forgot that I had requested air freight so it missed the plane. Now looking ahead to next year for the boat to arrive. No further tracking information was provided. View attachment 42350
Thank you. My wife and I ordered our bikes September 29th. They are on the boat, maybe with yours.

I got mine via air freight in two weeks exactly. R&M doesnt post tracking, and to the dealer they only show a little truck icon on their system, no tracking. I asked R&M for tracking, and their response was they couldn't help me due to legal issues, and to check with the dealer. My dealer, San Diego Fly Rides, were superb and went above and beyond to ensure I was happy. R&M is another story, but I suppose they really dont want to deal directly with customers, as they are busy manufacturing.
Thank you. Right now, I am wishing we had paid for air freight.

I’m sorry you are still waiting. The Superdelites are amazing. We explored two local trails yesterday. We could never attempt them on our urban bikes. The Rock Razor tires roll just fine on pavement, and they shine on the trail. Our urban bikes were step through, and we were out of practice swinging our legs over the seat. We do okay getting on and off, though, as long as we remember to use the dropper post. The suspension (Aion) is great. These are our first bikes with suspension, and we really enjoyed the smooth ride. I hope you get yours soon.

I’m sorry you are still waiting. The Superdelites are amazing. We explored two local trails yesterday. We could never attempt them on our urban bikes. The Rock Razor tires roll just fine on pavement, and they shine on the trail. Our urban bikes were step through, and we were out of practice swinging our legs over the seat. We do okay getting on and off, though, as long as we remember to use the dropper post. The suspension (Aion) is great. These are our first bikes with suspension, and we really enjoyed the smooth ride. I hope you get yours soon.
I’m glad you love your new bikes. Mine finally arrived and today was my first ride to work.

Attachments

• 8FBCCD4B-31E3-447E-98B0-ED4322DDD868.jpeg
    8FBCCD4B-31E3-447E-98B0-ED4322DDD868.jpeg
    784.6 KB · Views: 440
Ordered a Supercharger2 on 11-25 paid 300 extra for airfreight. R&S Website, on the home page, has a form where you put in the bike number and they give you manufacturing and shipping times. Alternately, the form indicated arrival at dealer between 12-23 and 12-27, or manufacturing earlier in the month, it depended on what day I put the bike number in the form field. As of today, 1-5-2020 the bike has still not arrived at the dealer. I am a little frustrated at the incorrect information supplied by R&S and of course the extended wait for the bike. It should come this week though, so I expect it will be worth it. The image below is from R&S website today with the same incorrect information

Attachments

• Delivery Status.png
    Delivery Status.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
How does it do in the snow? Did you get the Rock Razor tires?
I was lucky and the snow melted before I rode home. I did get the Rock Razors and I do like them. When the roads get snow covered here I don’t bike. Too dangerous with cars.

Ordered a Supercharger2 on 11-25 paid 300 extra for airfreight. R&S Website, on the home page, has a form where you put in the bike number and they give you manufacturing and shipping times. Alternately, the form indicated arrival at dealer between 12-23 and 12-27, or manufacturing earlier in the month, it depended on what day I put the bike number in the form field. As of today, 1-5-2020 the bike has still not arrived at the dealer. I am a little frustrated at the incorrect information supplied by R&S and of course the extended wait for the bike. It should come this week though, so I expect it will be worth it. The image below is from R&S website today with the same incorrect information
I feel your pain. I requested air freight but the dealer forgot and my bike got put on a boat. It did arrive in exactly 8 weeks. Hang in there and you will love your new bike.

What options did you get on the Supercharger2? I'm about to pull the trigger on a HS GX derailleur
I got the GT Rohloff Kiox GX option and front carrier. CX motor

Attachments

• 1E1B781F-32FB-4319-8790-171F802AE24B.jpeg
    1E1B781F-32FB-4319-8790-171F802AE24B.jpeg
    741 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:
I feel your pain. I requested air freight but the dealer forgot and my bike got put on a boat. It did arrive in exactly 8 weeks. Hang in there and you will love your new bike.
Finally got it today, amazing, already riding, the dealer was great hooked me up with a mount for my giant iPad pro that fully integrs with the Colby Bosch system, very happy
Supercharger2, gates belt drive, vario cvt hub, curry matte, 12.8 ipad display front and rear racks rear view mirror, sick as horn etc etc brake lights high beams

Finally got it today, amazing, already riding, the dealer was great hooked me up with a mount for my giant iPad pro that fully integrs with the Colby Bosch system, very happy
Supercharger2, gates belt drive, vario cvt hub, curry matte, 12.8 ipad display front and rear racks rear view mirror, sick as horn etc etc brake lights high beams
Take a photo and post it. Congratulations on your fine bike.

Thanks,
I've been riding it everyday, I found some good (paved) trails off the road near my house and I can go as far as I like, and if I get tired, I just crank the assist up to get back home.

Attachments

• 37A7ED26-F5D2-4B33-AC07-CDAD9AF095ED.jpeg
    37A7ED26-F5D2-4B33-AC07-CDAD9AF095ED.jpeg
    638 KB · Views: 392
Thanks,
I've been riding it everyday, I found some good (paved) trails off the road near my house and I can go as far as I like, and if I get tired, I just crank the assist up to get back home.
Your giant iPad is like the dashboard of a Tesla. I’m riding mine a lot too. Been caught out in the snow a couple times but handled it fine. I’m getting an error code every time I ride so I’m not really satisfied with the bike yet.

Back