ShareRoller - Quick and Dirty Electric Bikes

Here is another example...

Asisde from both being friction drives, they are very dissimilar systems. Big weight difference, Alizetti's system isn't intended for fast removal to prevent theft when you lock up your bike. There are other differences but those two are prettty major. If you're okay with a semi-permanent install and not weight conscious, it's a fine solution. But at least where I live (big city) I'd be concerned about leaving an expensive e-bike system locked up with my bike since it can easily be removed with some basic tools.

When I conversed with Jeff last summer (about getting a 2d battery), he made it clear he had rolled up shop. Covid/supply issues made it impossible for him to get components. He said he had a backstock of batteries and that was all. I definitely got the impression that he had moved on. The website doesn't let you purchase anything, they don't monitor their email anymore. I'm so sorry for those who didn't get their units; that's the risk of
Kickstarter, though. Or any business, really, as so many had to close doors for similar reasons.

When I conversed with Jeff last summer (about getting a 2d battery), he made it clear he had rolled up shop. Covid/supply issues made it impossible for him to get components. He said he had a backstock of batteries and that was all. I definitely got the impression that he had moved on. The website doesn't let you purchase anything, they don't monitor their email anymore. I'm so sorry for those who didn't get their units; that's the risk of
Kickstarter, though. Or any business, really, as so many had to close doors for similar reasons.
I figured something like that had happened. Thanks for the update.

Back