Ok just a quick update, about battery longevity. It's been over 2 years and I am just now seeing a more rapid decline when I ride. Where I got ~ 20+ miles when my battery was brand new (in level 1) I'm getting
more like 15 miles now. It's forcing me to ride analog more, probably not a bad thing, and be more judicious about when I use the motor especially on longer rides. I have to intentionally save juice for return trip
hills or headwinds and parse it out very carefully. Obviously, this means I need a new battery next summer (heading into Fall here). And that means deciding WHICH battery to get. The big one has 330watt hours, the small one 130 watt hours. If I get another small one, then I'd probably have 20+10 combined certain miles. But the big one would give me enough juice for some much longer rides, although it would also require a different mounting
method (I don't use the provided bracket) and it twice as heavy to carry off the bike. So I'll have to see what happens with pricing, and figure it out.
What I'd love to see Jeff do - and what would really really set OM apart - is to put together a brick of battery cells that can be exchanged in the casing for a much lower price. The casing has the cable and whatever else
runs the battery, and it seems silly to have to replace all that when just the cells need changing. So a premade user-swappable "brick" of cells would be a game-changer. If not that, then a mail order service to replace
just the cells would be nice (but not as fast or efficient). But what I really want is a pre-made modular battery cell brick that can be swapped out. The casing could still be waterproof with gaskets and pressure clamps or something. You could extend your ride or replace old dead cells for a more reasonable price if you weren't replacing all the other stuff in the casing as well. Just my wishes...

Hello everyone,
I have tried to contact OneMotor over the last week as I want to
buy one. Unfortunately, the website doesn't take orders and I didn't receive a response
from either the internal message request or their email. Does anyone know if they are still
in buisness, or if they have shut down.
thanks

Hello everyone,
I have tried to contact OneMotor over the last week as I want to
buy one. Unfortunately, the website doesn't take orders and I didn't receive a response
from either the internal message request or their email. Does anyone know if they are still
in buisness, or if they have shut down.
thanks
AFAIK they are still in business but they are unfortunately very slow to respond. It's just Jeff & Grace now. Keep sending emails to [email protected]. and put something about wanting to purchase in the subject line, in caps.
Hopefully it will stand out from the many emails Grace slogs through on a daily basis. Note: it is ".co, not .com".

I just went to the onemotor web page and, although I didn't place an order, it looks like it's still operational. Jeff sent me a replacement battery for my PAS a few weeks ago. I think covid has placed a strain on small start-up businesses. I hope they keep this business going and growing. I really like the onemotor. Get vaxed; wear a mask. Put this health risk in the box.

Due to a recent medical diagnosis, I no longer can ride a 2 wheel bike so I'm selling my Bike Friday pakiT. I was hoping my OM would fit my new recumbent trike, but there's no way I can make it work, the mounts are just not adaptable to the trike. So - if there's anyone still on here who would like an OM system, mine is up for sale. Comes with the rear mount, handlebar controller (display and throttle), PAS sensor and crank bracket, and battery and charger. On level 1 assist, I get around 15 miles now. Full disclosure: OM seems to have gone out of business during the Covid and supply chain mess. So it would probably be good if the person buying it knew about electronics and such, to adapt a generic battery. Mailing lithium batteries is a hassle so local interests welcome. If you're tempted by assist and don't want to invest a lot to see if you like it this might be for you; it also easily removes in 20 seconds to ride without. You can see what they cost new. I'll sell it compete for $500 to anyone from this group.https://onemotor.co/onemotor-compact-w-pas/

Sorry to read about your problem Lin.

I never got mine. I have written it off a long time ago. Lot of money lost. I learned my lesson not back things like this ever again.

Sorry to read about your problem Lin.

I never got mine. I have written it off a long time ago. Lot of money lost. I learned my lesson not back things like this ever again.
I lost $ on an all in one wheel I backed before OM. It's gambling. If I don't find a buyer for my OM, where are you located? I'd donate it to you if you're local (if I can't get any $ for it elsewhere) and you could
play with it....ease the hurt a bit.

Sometimes it has taken a week or so to hear back. It is just the two of them (actually I think only Grace handles the communication so it's just one person). I'm not sure if they have other day jobs but that's entirely possible, as OM isn't producing enough to support two people AFAIK, yet. That's not to make excuses, I do think your expectations are reasonable. I think they spend a lot of time and effort chasing funding to keep OM alive. I hope you hear back soon. I've had to send emails more than once a few times (of course, partly my fault for using their old shareroller email not the new OM one, duh). But my dealings with them have left me with a certainty that I will always get support, even if it is not quite as quickly as I might like. And I've also had to deal with some off-shore companies for a previous e-assist purchase which was TRULY a nightmare, so I know what really bad service is, lol. I hope they get back to you soon and clear up any misgivings you have.
hey Link i'll try to send you direct msg but do you still have the OM?
the challenge will be to figure out cost of a freight forwarder who is hazmat certified due to living out here in Maui....

but would be willing to at least talk with you about figut this out with you if you still have it.

sorry for my typos :)

Drew

hey Link i'll try to send you direct msg but do you still have the OM?
the challenge will be to figure out cost of a freight forwarder who is hazmat certified due to living out here in Maui....

but would be willing to at least talk with you about figut this out with you if you still have it.

sorry for my typos :)

Drew
Hi Drew, sorry I sold it a while ago.

Back