ShareRoller - Quick and Dirty Electric Bikes

I'm hoping Court gets his hands on one for a full review soon!

Yeah, I encouraged them to send him one, but they said they are going to fulfill the backers and pre-orders before they send one out for marketing purposes. So it might be a little while as they are pushing out a limited number each week now.

Photo on a Brompton from 1M facebook page.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 8.47.07 AM.PNG
    Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 8.47.07 AM.PNG
    637.5 KB · Views: 554
OK, the new brake for my Bike Friday is due tomorrow and hopefully it's narrow enough to fit the 1M bracket. I've now had two really nice rides on my Dahon with the motor and I'm in love with this thing! Today I had a quick 6 mile ride to the holistic pet store - going includes a lot of short steep hills. Flicking the throttle joystick quickly moved the PAS setting from my usual low 1 up to 3 so that I could get over the hills but still get some exercise, yet not get sweaty. If I'd pushed the PAS higher, I would have flown up the hills. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with using the controller, pausing the PAS when I am on the flats. Range so far is terrific, I was worried about choosing the small battery, but the way I use it, I'm easily going to get 20 miles on a charge. I ran at full speed yesterday on a flat straightaway - it is FAST, and I'm glad I had on sunglasses because the bugs hitting my face hurt, lol. I took it up to 22 mph. Might have gone faster but I ran out of straight path and wasn't taking curves at that speed. Once it's on my BF, I'll post pics and another review.

OK, the new brake for my Bike Friday is due tomorrow and hopefully it's narrow enough to fit the 1M bracket. I've now had two really nice rides on my Dahon with the motor and I'm in love with this thing! Today I had a quick 6 mile ride to the holistic pet store - going includes a lot of short steep hills. Flicking the throttle joystick quickly moved the PAS setting from my usual low 1 up to 3 so that I could get over the hills but still get some exercise, yet not get sweaty. If I'd pushed the PAS higher, I would have flown up the hills. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with using the controller, pausing the PAS when I am on the flats. Range so far is terrific, I was worried about choosing the small battery, but the way I use it, I'm easily going to get 20 miles on a charge. I ran at full speed yesterday on a flat straightaway - it is FAST, and I'm glad I had on sunglasses because the bugs hitting my face hurt, lol. I took it up to 22 mph. Might have gone faster but I ran out of straight path and wasn't taking curves at that speed. Once it's on my BF, I'll post pics and another review.
Is the throttle joystick included or extra? If you didn't have it, how would you set PAS settings?

Is the throttle joystick included or extra? If you didn't have it, how would you set PAS settings?

For backers, the throttle/joystick is included. The PAS controller is extra, though ($79 I believe). You must have the PAS controller on the crank to use PAS. You can set it one of 3 different ways. You can change it on the phone app, you can change it with the throttle joystick, and you can change it by "tapping" the PAS on the crank with your foot (I have not tried this). I eventually stopped putting my phone on the bike; normally I ride with it in the front pocket on my sling bag and that's where it has returned. Once you get used to the abbreviations on the throttle display, all the data you need is there. It took me a little while to get used to the throttle joystick controls, but today I got the hang of it. Left and right are brake and go; up and down are PAS up and down. Press the side button once to pause the PAS and ride naturally, press again to re-engage the PAS. There are also functions for side button+joystick, but I find those setting easier on the phone (region code, light controls, etc.). I launch the app before I leave to make sure everything is working okay and check my battery levels on the controllers and main unit, then I close the app. I launch it again when I get home to see my stats more easily and to note if I need to charge anything. The app does have a few data points not on the controller display, but imo nothing you need while actually riding.
Did you get a response yet?

For backers, the throttle/joystick is included. .... Did you get a response yet?
Thanks for that detail! Grace did write back. Patience is the word... after this much time waiting another couple of month isn't going to have any impact. It's different than the Helix wait. I still need this; not the case with the Helix.

I am more concerned that I am not on their books, but no word on that. I will try again in say 2 months.

Thanks for that detail! Grace did write back. Patience is the word... after this much time waiting another couple of month isn't going to have any impact. It's different than the Helix wait. I still need this; not the case with the Helix.

I am more concerned that I am not on their books, but no word on that. I will try again in say 2 months.

So they don't have a record of you paying??? How weird. At least you have your IGG receipt. I'm sure it will get straightened out and you'll get yours, Jeff and Grace are good people. FWIW, the longer it takes the more your unit takes advantage of upgrades from feedback from customers. So the wait isn't really a loss. I had a bet with a friend on whether they would see the Helix project ship first or 1Motor - I lost my $20, but....they're still waiting on their Helix unit to come and I'm riding with my 1M, lol.

So they don't have a record of you paying??? How weird. At least you have your IGG receipt. I'm sure it will get straightened out and you'll get yours, Jeff and Grace are good people. FWIW, the longer it takes the more your unit takes advantage of upgrades from feedback from customers. So the wait isn't really a loss. I had a bet with a friend on whether they would see the Helix project ship first or 1Motor - I lost my $20, but....they're still waiting on their Helix unit to come and I'm riding with my 1M, lol.
Got another email from Grace, and all is well.

Been giving the 1M a rest and working my legs but Monday is dog food day, so off to Costco to get 40lbs...will definitely charge up the 1M to help with that. There's a pretty steep overpass which is no problem without a load on the back, but I've had to walk it in the past with the dog food. This will be the first heavy load + climb; will report back.

Last edited:
Is there another forum that this is being talked about....this is kinda nuts; no comments in 5+ months. I've emailed their team regarding my upgrades for a new invoice and heard nothing. i've mentally prepared to lose my initial IGG investment, but everyonce in a while come back to check out and hope

Is there another forum that this is being talked about....this is kinda nuts; no comments in 5+ months. I've emailed their team regarding my upgrades for a new invoice and heard nothing. i've mentally prepared to lose my initial IGG investment, but everyonce in a while come back to check out and hope
I've posted my experience more but EBR somehow separated it into 2 threads. https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/review-my-onemotor-drive-formerly-shareroller.28504/ I have faith you will get your unit, but it might take a while longer. Email them again, they are super swamped with stuff.

thanks, i read in there that somebody who wasn't a backer somehow got his unit before backers? kinda odd.
What they are doing is selling retail orders (at a much higher price than backers paid) and shipping those pretty quickly. The cost of producing this unit has far exceeded what the backers provided years ago, but Jeff has persisted with his own money. He recently purchased a 3d printer to make improved mounting units as the ones he was getting fabricated elsewhere were not that great. So - in order to fulfill backer units he's trying to straddle a balancing act of selling one at retail and shipping one backer unit. If he shipped out all the backer units, depleting everything he has on hand, he'd have no way to continue in business. And while all the backers would have their units, Jeff probably wouldn't be in a position to repair or help with them. I know it sucks if you haven't received yours, you've been waiting a very very long time, but like I said I do believe you will eventually get it --- and know that they are constantly improving based on feedback from current users so units shipped later will be much better than current ones, if that helps at all.

What they are doing is selling retail orders (at a much higher price than backers paid) and shipping those pretty quickly. The cost of producing this unit has far exceeded what the backers provided years ago, but Jeff has persisted with his own money. He recently purchased a 3d printer to make improved mounting units as the ones he was getting fabricated elsewhere were not that great. So - in order to fulfill backer units he's trying to straddle a balancing act of selling one at retail and shipping one backer unit. If he shipped out all the backer units, depleting everything he has on hand, he'd have no way to continue in business. And while all the backers would have their units, Jeff probably wouldn't be in a position to repair or help with them. I know it sucks if you haven't received yours, you've been waiting a very very long time, but like I said I do believe you will eventually get it --- and know that they are constantly improving based on feedback from current users so units shipped later will be much better than current ones, if that helps at all.
yea i'd rather wait to get a unit with less issues than be the beta tester...but looks like ur having no issues with urs. congrats!

yea i'd rather wait to get a unit with less issues than be the beta tester...but looks like ur having no issues with urs. congrats!
My original mounts were not perfect but jeff sent me some of the new ones to test and they are much better fit. New software made a big improvement too. I rather enjoy being a tester and having two bikes makes that easier. Hopefully you and other backers will benefit from the slow roll out.

Does anyone know how to contact Mr JEFF GUIDA of shareoller/onemotor fame?

Mr JEFF GUIDA took $88,076 USD from 254 backers for his shareroller (since renamed 'onemotor') indiegogo campaign in 2015 and 2016, but has failed to deliver the onemotor devices to all his backers despite various promises to do so.

See the backer comments on this issue:

Back