Serial 1 Announcement Discussion

I sent a DM to the MODS to make one for Serial 1
Why Serial 1 instead of Harley Davidson? Seems like that would be akin to creating a Vado forum instead of a Specialized forum. Theoretically, Harley Davidson could develop other eBike lines in the future.

There are multiple models within the Vado line just like there are mulple models within the Serial 1 line.

Why Serial 1 instead of Harley Davidson? Seems like that would be akin to creating a Vado forum instead of a Specialized forum. Theoretically, Harley Davidson could develop other eBike lines in the future.

There are multiple models within the Vado line just like there are mulple models within the Serial 1 line.
If you go to the Harley Davidson website there is nothing there for Ebikes, no links nothing, I even did a search for Ebikes and Serial 1 nothing comes up.
They may own it, but it's own brand and website
It needs to be added as Serial 1 (Harley Davidson)
See link to Website
Serial1

If you go to the Harley Davidson website there is nothing there for Ebikes, no links nothing, I even did a search for Ebikes and Serial 1 nothing comes up.
They may own it, but it's own brand and website
It needs to be added as Serial 1 (Harley Davidson)
See link to Website
Serial1
When did you look? I found this in just a couple clicks.

They cost over $4000. Maybe no ones bought one yet.
Seems there’s some piling on about the price. Not sure if that’s fair. Is there a similarly spec’ed Trek, Specialized, or Giant with Gates Carbon Drive and Brose, purpose-built with matching features at a price that casts the Harley Davidsons extreme outliers?

I think we’re all just a bit perpetually shocked by what’s been happening with Nike prices in general.

Seems there’s some piling on about the price. Not sure if that’s fair. Is there a similarly spec’ed Trek, Specialized, or Giant with Gates Carbon Drive and Brose, purpose-built with matching features at a price that casts the Harley Davidsons extreme outliers?

I think we’re all just a bit perpetually shocked by what’s been happening with Nike prices in general.
I think you're right. I went back and looked more closely and there's a lot of nice features. If in a few years they prove to be reliable,I would take another look.

They look like a ton of other ebikes. I guess I was expecting something a bit more from Harley. Something motorcycle inspired.

They look like a ton of other ebikes. I guess I was expecting something a bit more from Harley. Something motorcycle inspired.
If an electric motorcycle is what you’re looking for, they make a line of those, too. Otherwise, I’m not sure what you were hoping for. And I don’t think it looks that much like competitors.

Which existing eBike do you think they look like? Specifically (not “all of them”).

just my opinion. And the electric Harley is like $30,000-$40,000 and not an ebike.

When I saw Harley was making ebikes I expected something a bit more Harley inspired like the Cheetah Revi bike or the Wickedthumb ebikes. But it just looks like a regular ebike.

no big deal, just not what I would've expected from Harley. Not really worth debating as it's just my opinion.

Welp, it came today in a nice big box. I spent about 90 minutes putting it together, it was pretty straightforward, but I took my time, and used their video tutorial as a guide. The battery took 3.5 hours to fully charge. By then it was 10 PM.
I took it out for a brief test ride naturally. This is only my second time on an ebike, and the other one was a throttle chain drive jalopy that my neighbor has. The headlights are fantastic, as are the dual tail lights, and it even has brake lights. The Serial 1 logo lights up even without turning on the headlight, as a daytime running light. It has 4 levels of assist - eco, tour, sport, and boost, plus a "walk" mode. It tells you your speed and distance traveled. The center of gravity is very low, so it handles very well and feels light on it's feet, although my size L Rush/City step over weighs 59 lbs, with 66 ft lbs of torque. The boost mode got me up to 20 mph and was a real rush. The fenders are very light, both have a small rack built in. It is fairly quiet with the belt drive, with a little bit of motor whine that lets you know you have a little helper under you.
It is a real blast to ride! I can't wait to put some more miles on it. It is a pretty handsome unit too. Very nice fit and finish, welds are Taiwan clean on the aluminum frame, the disc brakes work great. There is a small lockable storage compartment in the frame. The bell is pretty cheap, with not much sustain, so I may upgrade that later. The seat is comfy, but I may opt for a Kinekt suspension seat post later too. I put on the front and rear reflectors, but left off the wheel reflectors, as the Schwalbe 27.5 tires have a reflective stripe. So this is my initial impression...hope someone else will add their opinions...

Welp, it came today in a nice big box. I spent about 90 minutes putting it together, it was pretty straightforward, but I took my time, and used their video tutorial as a guide. The battery took 3.5 hours to fully charge. By then it was 10 PM.
I took it out for a brief test ride naturally. This is only my second time on an ebike, and the other one was a throttle chain drive jalopy that my neighbor has. The headlights are fantastic, as are the dual tail lights, and it even has brake lights. The Serial 1 logo lights up even without turning on the headlight, as a daytime running light. It has 4 levels of assist - eco, tour, sport, and boost, plus a "walk" mode. It tells you your speed and distance traveled. The center of gravity is very low, so it handles very well and feels light on it's feet, although my size L Rush/City step over weighs 59 lbs, with 66 ft lbs of torque. The boost mode got me up to 20 mph and was a real rush. The fenders are very light, both have a small rack built in. It is fairly quiet with the belt drive, with a little bit of motor whine that lets you know you have a little helper under you.
It is a real blast to ride! I can't wait to put some more miles on it. It is a pretty handsome unit too. Very nice fit and finish, welds are Taiwan clean on the aluminum frame, the disc brakes work great. There is a small lockable storage compartment in the frame. The bell is pretty cheap, with not much sustain, so I may upgrade that later. The seat is comfy, but I may opt for a Kinekt suspension seat post later too. I put on the front and rear reflectors, but left off the wheel reflectors, as the Schwalbe 27.5 tires have a reflective stripe. So this is my initial impression...hope someone else will add their opinions...
Congrats on the new bike!!! .Post some pics...

Nice bikes but the cheaper models are far to slow for me,20mph is not gonna cut it, I see the flagship speed model does 28mph,it's 4999 and that's not horrible for what your getting,strangely they did not put that model on sale?

Disappointed that there are no water bottle bosses on the Serial 1. Is this common on e-bikes? Just because we are using less energy, doesn't mean we don't need to take a pull now and then.

Back