Serial 1 Announcement Discussion

I look forward to reviews. I thought they look like very nice, very well made bikes. Which I expect from Harley Davidson. They also look overpriced and underperforming, which I expect from Harley Davidson. I’m really surprised they don’t have front suspension, even for on road commuting that’s a must have for me after riding them.

Yes the bigger tires will provide a cushy ride. I don't need or want the added weight of sus fork. It is priced competitively for the upper grade components it has, including the Gates belt drive, integrated lights (with brake lights), long range battery, etc.
That's why I like this e-bike and regret I cannot buy more than I already own...

I look forward to reviews. I thought they look like very nice, very well made bikes. Which I expect from Harley Davidson. They also look overpriced and underperforming, which I expect from Harley Davidson. I’m really surprised they don’t have front suspension, even for on road commuting that’s a must have for me after riding them.
Curious, what part(s) do you see as underperforming?

Curious, what part(s) do you see as underperforming?
The (lack of) suspension. When I decided to spend 3-5k earlier this year to get an e-bike, I tried a bunch. I found those with a front suspension significantly more comfortable to ride, so it's a must have for me at that price point. I rode several nice traditional forked bikes, but they were not as comfortable, and cost much less. So if I’m looking at a 3-5k dollar bike and it’s relying on the same tires I have on my Haibike to cushion the ride with rigid forks...nope.

I think the Harley line up is geared towards hard pavement riding which does not require a front suspension fork.

Allant+ 9.9s is a US$6000 e-bike. Allant+ 8s is US$4300. Como 5.0 is US$4350. None of these e-bikes has a sus fork but any of them is equipped with thick tyres. Most of sus forks found in city/commuter e-bikes are of cheap, heavy coil-loaded 50-63 mm travel type. Sus forks are often overrated.

I only wonder whether Serial 1 Cycles can provide any really nice smartphone app for their e-bikes. The Web articles say yes but it is not easy to make a truly good app.

This is the bike perfect for Stefan. Quiet Brose motor, clean design and best of all no suspension.

Joking aside I really like the design, battery placement is great for low center of gravity, very clean looking, very good cable managements and geometry seems to be very nice for city riding/commuting. Pricing is similar or even less than what the well known bike companies charge and this is Harley after all and their frame seems to be very well designed. They should have also offered full suspension one with a igh better than enviolo, maybe in the future.

If I didn't just recently pick up my Yamaha Cross Core, I would have probably ordered the HD. I think it is a great looking bike for the money.
Being new to the world of ebikes, I am amazed at the amount of companies to choose from when buying a bike. Makes it easy to get buyers remorse when you buy something and then see something new that catches your eye...

I think the Harley line up is geared towards hard pavement riding which does not require a front suspension fork.
You must live in a warm weather climate. In the parts of the world that see snow and ice the freeze-thaw cycles do a real number on hard pavement.

Back