Serial 1 Announcement Discussion

You must live in a warm weather climate. In the parts of the world that see snow and ice the freeze-thaw cycles do a real number on hard pavement.
Yes! I guess I'm spoiled with smooth roads year round. Bumpy roads would definitely warrant a good suspension.

Yes! I guess I'm spoiled with smooth roads year round. Bumpy roads would definitely warrant a good suspension.
It was a surprise to me too. I was an avid cyclist in my youth, have been away from it for a very long time. So this year in my early 50’s I decided to get an ebike. Things that don’t even look bad, cracks is asphalt that don’t warrant a second thought normally are bumpy on a bike. My first demo rides were on cheaper unsuspended bikes and they were cool, I loved pedal assist and knew right away I was getting one. Then I repeated the demo ride on front and full suspended bikes. Holy cow what a difference! The rear not so much but the front definitely. Smooth as glass over surfaces that were bumpy before. Not that I wouldn’t or couldn’t enjoy an unsuspended bike, just that I found the alternative much more comfortable. So now it’s a must have, for me. A big time bonus: after the purchase I discovered how much trail development has taken place in my city over the last 30 years, including single track dirt. What I had no interest in before buying the bike has become some of my favorite rides.

Allant+ 9.9s is a US$6000 e-bike. Allant+ 8s is US$4300. Como 5.0 is US$4350. None of these e-bikes has a sus fork but any of them is equipped with thick tyres. Most of sus forks found in city/commuter e-bikes are of cheap, heavy coil-loaded 50-63 mm travel type. Sus forks are often overrated.
Well said!

Allant+ 9.9s is a US$6000 e-bike. Allant+ 8s is US$4300. Como 5.0 is US$4350. None of these e-bikes has a sus fork but any of them is equipped with thick tyres. Most of sus forks found in city/commuter e-bikes are of cheap, heavy coil-loaded 50-63 mm travel type. Sus forks are often overrated.
Totally agree.

For me I would only need suspension if I were buying a pure Emtb.

Yes the bigger tires will provide a cushy ride. I don't need or want the added weight of sus fork. It is priced competitively for the upper grade components it has, including the Gates belt drive, integrated lights (with brake lights), long range battery, etc.
And the added maintenance of suspension forks

I look forward to reviews. I thought they look like very nice, very well made bikes. Which I expect from Harley Davidson. They also look overpriced and underperforming, which I expect from Harley Davidson. I’m really surprised they don’t have front suspension, even for on road commuting that’s a must have for me after riding them.
"The bikes just feel right. They don’t feel like a collection of parts; they feel like a properly designed e-bike that disappears beneath you leaving you with nothing to think about but the ride itself." Micah Toll, Electrek

I am looking forward to a news story about a bunch of Harley ebike riders terrorizing a small town.

And another new thought: instead of calling it a Harley, why not call it a Davidson?
Because it's Hardly A Davidson ? :)

Actual pretty thorough review
The hub noise is a funny thing there, as the motors used in Mosh and especially in Rush are the quietest in the market...

Back