Security

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
E-bikes are an expensive investment for a vast majority of riders and theft is a common problem in major metro cities.

Zen team has been considering all aspects of safety and have been making progress.
Moving forward, all bikes will have ABUS locks and most importantly, it will be keyed-alike, so it will be just 1 key for all batteries, frame lock and any folding lock that one might configure. This simplifies things greatly.
You never have to fumble with 3-4 different keys.

ABUS has so many cool products in the pipeline and one of the most clever E-bike locks that ABUS has put out in the recent past is ABUS Bordo Alarm 6000.

1599008551751.png

A strong welding torch or bolt cutters can cut through most locks but this alarm lock makes things much more difficult for bike thieves.
Loud sounding alarm will alert people and this really makes a difference in the cities during the day time.
Combining this with built-in theft prevention tools like the lock feature on Bosch, hexlock, it makes for a very formidable system.
If you have any suggestions for a reliable GPS tracking system, we will certainly consider that as well.

I have the ABUS Bordo Granit XPlus 6500 (no Alarm), and I agree the Alarm feature should be very handy, but I doubt they use a good battery like an 18650 or 21700 cell.

E-bikes are an expensive investment for a vast majority of riders and theft is a common problem in major metro cities.

Zen team has been considering all aspects of safety and have been making progress.
Moving forward, all bikes will have ABUS locks and most importantly, it will be keyed-alike, so it will be just 1 key for all batteries, frame lock and any folding lock that one might configure. This simplifies things greatly.
You never have to fumble with 3-4 different keys.

ABUS has so many cool products in the pipeline and one of the most clever E-bike locks that ABUS has put out in the recent past is ABUS Bordo Alarm 6000.

View attachment 64171

A strong welding torch or bolt cutters can cut through most locks but this alarm lock makes things much more difficult for bike thieves.
Loud sounding alarm will alert people and this really makes a difference in the cities during the day time.
Combining this with built-in theft prevention tools like the lock feature on Bosch, hexlock, it makes for a very formidable system.
If you have any suggestions for a reliable GPS tracking system, we will certainly consider that as well.

Great idea to key all locks alike... wish all manufactures would do this.

...but I doubt they use a good battery like an 18650 or 21700 cell.

It uses CR2 lithium batteries. Mine is still going strong after 2 years (purchased lock in summer of 2018). Been left outside in cold weather frequently. I purchased Panasonic CR2 batteries as a replacement but haven't had to open the package yet.

Back