Second-hand ebike business option.

I stumbled upon that site a few weeks ago, they appear to have some nice inventory at pretty good prices.

Due to the NY battery laws it seems like they would have made a better move to New Jersey? Not that I am for exploding batteries but if their inspections are as rigorous as the Electrek article says it would seem like they would be able to weed out any with bad cells?

Also as they only need a warehouse and a loading dock it would seem like they could do better than LA here on the west coast? Set up in a smaller town/city that has at least somewhat affordable housing and a good selection of outdoor access/activities to attract the needed tech's.

Their selection is shockingly diverse and some of the prices are impressive.
Im always shocked at the resale value of Stromers, it doesn't make me want to run right out and drop 10grand on a new one that's for sure.

That's an interesting business model, especially for used ebikes with warranties. If you're located close to the Upway office in Brooklyn, it's definitely worth checking out. You can explore their offerings and perhaps even share your experience with your colleagues on Slack via a quick slack sms to see if anyone else is interested or has insights to share. Enjoy your visit!

Last edited:
There is a nice looking 2000 Bulls for 3200 with less than 50 miles. Seems like a decent deal.

I thought I would post on this discussion again to share this option for anyone looking for a bike at a steep discount. I purchased my Gazelle Ultimate T10+ from Upway and am very pleased with the process. Communication with the support team was consistently excellent. I have had one issue with a defective charger which was quickly resolved. My bike had 7 miles on the display at the time of purchase. They are also having a significant sale for the July 4th holiday. Bikes come with a 1-year warranty, although extended warranties are available for purchase.

Back