Best Buy will sell ebikes in the US

Best and cheapest security in the world. Remove the network card and put it in a locked room.
While I agree that it is good security, it didn't work for Iran's nuclear enrichment program. Remember Stuxnet? The worm used thumb drives and four zero-day exploits to attack those offline control systems.

While I agree that it is good security, it didn't work for Iran's nuclear enrichment program. Remember Stuxnet. The worm used thumb drives and four zero-day exploits to attack those offline control systems.
The locked room part is important. And don't unlock it for anyone from Geek Squad ... or Mission Impossible.

The locked room part is important. And don't unlock it for anyone from Geek Squad ... or Mission Impossible.
I am pretty sure the room(s) were locked. The scientists unknowingly brought the infected thumb drives in with them. At any rate, that virus was a cyber weapon co-developed by the US and Israel and targeted specifically at those control systems. I read somewhere that it took an estimated 50 man years to develop it.

I am pretty sure the room(s) were locked. The scientists unknowingly brought the infected thumb drives in with them. At any rate, that virus was a cyber weapon co-developed by the US and Israel and targeted specifically at those control systems. I read somewhere that it took an estimated 50 man years to develop it.

yeah our flash drives are tracked, monitored, serialized and encrypted, the security software we use will not allow foreign flash drives of any kind to be accessed on any device, including these old machines. if one flash drive is lost or unaccounted for all of them have to be wiped and have new encryption set.

yeah our flash drives are tracked, monitored, serialized and encrypted, the security software we use will not allow foreign flash drives of any kind to be accessed on any device, including these old machines. if one flash drive is lost or unaccounted for all of them have to be wiped and have new encryption set.
A story. When I was still flying around the country setting up servers in the days of dinosaurs, the sys admin took me to the banks "skunkworks" where they did development and testing first for about a half day to check out the software and DBMS systems.
Then he drove me to the other side of town( 45 min drive) where the bank was, to install it in the server room.
The server room was in the old mainframe room with the wires in the glass windows and a newish massive lock operated by a key card ... that he forgot to bring along.
While he is pounding on the door to try to get someone to hear us over the band printer racket to let us in, I reached down and turned the door handle.
It was unlocked, of course. 😀

geek squad? lol really.. might as well hire the 5 year old next door. probably do a better job.

I am a Director of Corp IT Systems for a large company, I have been in IT for 35 years, from helpdesk to coding to Director Level. Geek Squad is by far the worse "IT" and audio/video in home service I have ever worked with. Their people are clueless about anything other than "reset the OS".

they have zero troubleshooting skills, zero ability to think outside their training, and zero ability to follow simple basic instructions, insofar as the several dozen I have had the displeasure of dealing with over the years.
so… you’re not recommending geek squad?

Back