seat

billyboy

I am a 300 pound guy with a very tender buttom. I dont care about the cost. jut comfort, I am waiting for the delivey of my new Nevo gh. would love to have everything just right to ride out of the shop.
thanks ahead of time for any help.
billyboy

Check out this seat post. Also sold by Amazon

I am a 300 pound guy with a very tender buttom. I dont care about the cost. jut comfort, I am waiting for the delivey of my new Nevo gh. would love to have everything just right to ride out of the shop.
billyboy
Billyboy,

I am a 215 lb. rider and had a Nevo GH. The right saddle is critical and I would recommend the Selle Anatomica H2 https://selleanatomica.com/collections/h-series They say it is rated to 250 lbs. so check with them first. Perhaps even more important will be getting a suspension seat post that will absorb the road shock and viration on your hard tail bike. Kinekt body float is the best of the bunch but they also say their springs only go up to 250 lbs. I know they were working on a heavier duty model for plus sized guys. Check with them too just to be sure https://cirruscycles.com/pages/tech-specs

Here's a photo of that saddle on the body float suspension post. They have color coded springs with the two oranges being the most robust at the time.

selleanatomica.jpg

billyboy
Whatever saddle you try, give yourself some time to get used to riding on a regular basis. Any layoff from regular riding will make anyone sore getting back in the saddle again. Saddles and backsides need to be broken in.

Some good info:

Hope you enjoy your new ebike!

There was a long thread on seats running here a while ago. Someone posted a link to a great seat that i purchased and it changed riding for me. Take a look there was a lot of good info in that thread. I have all the suspension seat posts and the one recommended above is the best, pricey but the best. Good luck.

Is there a significant difference between body float and the others ? The one I tried was comfortable but was also feeling like massage seat. The price is steep and finding one to try again is not very easy.
A couple more questions ?

1. How much does it raise the saddle height ?
2. Does it have a good clamp that you can adjust tilt angle easily and precisely?

And of course are there discounts on these body float seatposts?

It raises the saddle height three inches. The clamp is outstanding can be loosened twisted on and tightened with ease. It has a hash marked tilt angle so the setting can be easily and precisely reproduced. They are the most expensive and are easily rebuilt by replacing bushings and springs. By a good measure the best built and most functional of any I have ridden. I have not seen them discounted anywhere. They make such a difference on a hard tail bike, making it possible to ride further without an aching kiester.

thanks to all of yall for your support. As I am still waiting for the boat to here from germany with my bike. I know this is just the the begining of questions I am going to have. I am gratefull that this site is here and all the great members. So consider this is a invite to ride cape cod Ma and a cook out on the beach

A suggestion: If you buy the Kinekt body float, buy it directly from them at the link I provided above. Don't make them share their profit with Amazon. Amazon doesn't need it.

Last edited:
I ride both a non electric road bike and an upright electric bike. For the road bike I have a slim, firm, elongated seat. For the e-bike, because I sit upright and want the most comfort possible, I have a shorter, wider, more padded seat and a Thud Buster seat post. Everyone's tush has different requirements. As I like to say "Only the Butt knows". I would see if I could "try before you buy" at a local bike shop. Seat adjustment is paramount. You can have the best seat in the world and it will hurt you if it isn't adjusted correctly. I'd say that most seat problems are 60% adjustment. They adjust fore and aft, up and down and tilt (nose down, nose up). Start with level. Lots of good YouTube videos on bike fitting. If you ride much distance at all, it is very important to not be working against your body.

Back