Seat for Aventon Level Step Through?

collinsd65

Region
USA
Very pleased with my new Earth Grey Aventon Level Step Through bike.
I hale from the Piedmont in North Carolina.

The one thing I am unhappy with, the seat.
Are there softer more comfortable options?

Thank you for any advice.

Regards
David

This should be posted under aventon brand forum, or under parts & accessories.
Almost nobody is happy with the seat their bike came with. I've tried 6 on the bike I'm using now and am still not happy after 4 hours.
See this thread, the most recent of the seat threads under parts & accessories: https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/best-prostate-protective-saddle.36658/
Seats come in at least 2 mounts. The most common is a 1/2" post vertical. Second most popular is horizontal rails 5/16" diameter about 1 1/2" apart running front to back. I don't know which mount aventon has.
My bike has the second. Brooks, selle, and evo fit the rails. Most others, notably cloud9, fit the post.
People have different gonads, different shaped hips, and sit differently. Road bikers that lean forwards with a flat back tend to use a narrow seat. Cruiser riders that sit upright tend to ride a flat wide seat. Most seats have a nose to hold the bike up with your legs when standing. Others don't. Some suggest a hard seat is comfortable. After the fat melted off my hips age 60 I need a soft seat like a 4" tall sofa cushion. Not currently available in rail mount.
I buy bike parts from modernbike.com or universalcycles.com . website require a debit card & a street address. The websites are not descriptive of which kind of mount the seat has. Some of them you can guess from looking at the picture(s).

Last edited:
indianajo,

That was very helpful, and answered my question.
I'm 56 and loosing weight, and optimistic about it.
I'm torn between a wide or narrow seat.
Brooks, selle, and evo came up in my searches too.
Thank you.

David

Back