Scott launches a light one

JRA

Scott has been in on the eBike renaissance for awhile but has come up with a light eRoad model using the Mahle X35 hub drive that is also used on other manufacturers bikes and has had some good reviews here but seems to have been eclipsed somewhat with the infatuation with mid drive powerplants. What will make this bike popular is if they hit the PAS right as advertised because road cyclists are much more sensitive to pedal response than other segments of the market. At least I know I am.

Some really nice lightweights coming out now, vs. very few even last year. This trend has to help with mainstream bikes,too. And they are claiming torque similar to my 50 pound Como.

It looks like Mahle is performing customizations to the Ebikemotion X35 motor for companies. Do you know if it's user programmable?

Scott has been in on the eBike renaissance for awhile but has come up with a light eRoad model using the Mahle X35 hub drive that is also used on other manufacturers bikes and has had some good reviews here but seems to have been eclipsed somewhat with the infatuation with mid drive powerplants. What will make this bike popular is if they hit the PAS right as advertised because road cyclists are much more sensitive to pedal response than other segments of the market. At least I know I am.

Not bad at a claimed weight of 10.75kg... just under 24lbs. ;)

1600301024149.png

Less than a thousand dollars per kg ... how could you lose?

Trek Domane +Hp or BMC Amp road 1. Those are the only good powerful road ebikes.

This one has no power after you use the first 2-3amps. Probably okay for a 20-30mile ride.

Trek Domane +Hp or BMC Amp road 1. Those are the only good powerful road ebikes.

This one has no power after you use the first 2-3amps. Probably okay for a 20-30mile ride.

It really depends on your needs. Those seem better for people needing more assist and don't care about weight. These can be ridden without power. I'm not sure if you want to ride the 2 bikes you mentioned unassisted.

2 bikes you mentioned unassisted.
It defies the purpose of buying an ebike. But yes , taking their batteries off they will be a LOT lighter and can be ridden.

But i think one riding such a bike , would look like a clown. Going for a ride on an ebike and leaving the baytery at home b/c you want to feel that the bike is lighter ? That's why the analog road bikes are for.

And the tyoes of very light road ebikes like tbis Scott don't have enough battery for a long range or power. Ok, is very pretty ....they will use it only for hills , but still can't keep up with the faster riders...that's why there is the Creo, Domane+Hp, Bmc Amp 1 road.

As far as the range, they have plenty. 500wh on Trek and the Shimano Esteps efficency on Bmc would probablly need 60-70miles before being almost empty.

It defies the purpose of buying an ebike. But yes , taking their batteries off they will be a LOT lighter and can be ridden.

But i think one riding such a bike , would look like a clown. Going for a ride on an ebike and leaving the baytery at home b/c you want to feel that the bike is lighter ? That's why the analog road bikes are for.

And the tyoes of very light road ebikes like tbis Scott don't have enough battery for a long range or power. Ok, is very pretty ....they will use it only for hills , but still can't keep up with the faster riders...that's why there is the Creo, Domane+Hp, Bmc Amp 1 road.

As far as the range, they have plenty. 500wh on Trek and the Shimano Esteps efficency on Bmc would probablly need 60-70miles before being almost empty.

Variety is good for the market. Everyone has their own unique preference. I ride road bikes but also ride a Lectric XP. When I ride the Lectric, I often ride it PAS1 or even unassisted. I know people who NEVER ride below level 3.😄 I'm a lot faster on my road bike. When I get another bike, natural pedaling will be high on my list, not speed. I'm notlooking to hit 28mph, but I would enjoy a nice ride at 20. Just want to even out the hills or head wind. I have 5 bikes, so I know I have issues 🤣.

Back