Say Hello To Storm

I'll be glad to answer any specific question. I can't copy and paste my answers from this morning because the thread became very heated, and contentious, and the group owner, which is not me, deleted it.

I think I already answered the one about the charge time just now.

Lol, the charge time depends on how much the battery is depleted PMSL - are you serious? So when it says it will take 90 mins for a full charge, Philips' explanation it it might take longer if the battery has less charge.... Stunning logic...... Just the same as the bike has a 50 mile range if you peddle the first 40 miles........ How can you keep a straight face, so the stated charge time of 90 minutes to full charge is only accurate if the battery has a 50% charge (for example?). This car does 40 miles per gallon only if you put an extra two litres in the tank at the beginning......

Th discussion this morning did not become heated or contentious on my part, it became pitiful and embarrassing for those trying to quash free speech and to claim the questions had been dealt with elsewhere but they did not have the time to point to specific links.... Managed to read Hugh that they had implored Sondors to join the Page and he had ignored it - things don't bode well unfortunstfly

There is no way that little laptop charger will charge full battery in 90 minutes. I had something similar for Specialized Turbo...they called it a travel charger and it took over 5 hours to charge my battery.

I'm not accusing you of being a liar, I'm flat out calling you to your face a liar, because I caught you in a lie. I doubt even anyone on this website can believe your statement, but if true it would prove you've done absolutely no research on Storm bikes.

listen up -

1) I know nothing about a flame war
2) I am not a paid troll
3) I am a contributor to the indiegogo fund for a Sondors ebike
4) I share the same concerns as people who have been banned from any Sondors biased forum
5) I have researched everything myself
6) your photo bucket contained a web flyer from when the campaign started of a 380w motor and a 50 mile range, the basis on which millions of dollars was pledged - now they were deliberate lies.

Just because you have an ebike doesn't mean anyone should listen to your BS about the charge time being dependent on how depleted the battery is before you charge it.

Last edited:
To charge a battery in 2 hours you need a bigger, heavier unit with heat and power control to push the juice safely. Not that thingy you posted. Even Stromer's charger which is flimsier than my big Turbo charger has an actual cooling fan built inside.

Brambor, you may not like all that I have posted or the manner in which I have done so, but thank you for speaking some common sense on this thread, Biknut is just trying to bully on the basis he has an ebike, and because he is an incompetent and cannot find my pledge on the indiegogo site he is making himself look a complete fool making false claims and accusations as he has done previously.

I had the Turbo travel charger and get rid of it and posted about it here saying it was catch 22. Charger is smaller and lighter but you'll need to sit half a day at a coffee shop to get any meaningful charge when speed and time savings is what you are gaining from riding an ebike.

image.jpg

So 90 minutes without peddling.......... Hmmmmmmm

When EULITTLB said he is a "contributor" to the campaign, I believe he contributed at the lowest level ($1?). Therefore EULITTLB did not fund the amount equal to receive a Sonders bike at the introductory level advertised. However, contributing at all means one is therefore a "contributor to the campaign."

View attachment 2281

So 90 minutes without peddling.......... Hmmmmmmm

I'm sure everyone by now is asking the same question. Why would you buy this bike when you don't believe one single thing about it? Is a 350w bike even legal in your country?

I got some good news for you though. Storm said that at the end of the campaign they'll consider refunding your money on a case by case basis. He said he knows, sometimes life happens.

When EULITTLB said he is a "contributor" to the campaign, I believe he contributed at the lowest level ($1?). Therefore EULITTLB did not fund the amount equal to receive a Sonders bike at the introductory level advertised. However, contributing at all means one is therefore a "contributor to the campaign."

It's true that it is possible to do this. You can contribute $1.

Interesting math used to calculate range.

Pedago claims that the average watt usage per mile is 18 for a 36v battery (they claim it's higher, more like 22 to 24 for a 48v battery), therefore if one were using the Pedago math, the Storm would get approximately 360 / 18 = 20 miles range on average. This might not be accurate, but that's the formula Pedago uses to provide estimates to consumers trying to decide which battery to order. Or, if it's a 350w motor, then it would be a range of 18 miles (I'm assuming using only the throttle, with no assistance in pedaling).

Pedago claims that the average watt usage per mile is 18 for a 36v battery (they claim it's higher, more like 22 to 24 for a 48v battery), therefore if one were using the Pedago math, the Storm would get approximately 360 / 18 = 20 miles range on average. This might not be accurate, but that's the formula Pedago uses to provide estimates to consumers trying to decide which battery to order. Or, if it's a 350w motor, then it would be a range of 18 miles (I'm assuming using only the throttle, with no assistance in pedaling).

Fatbike provides much greater rolling resistance. You need more juice to move the big rubbers.

That's believable to me. Most of the productions bikes I know of get about 20 miles, but of course you have to put an * by any mileage claim for an eBike. There's many different ways to extend your range. Slowing down, pedal more, tailwind, downhill, ect. I know that bike will never throttle 50 miles, but that doesn't mean anyone will never go 50 miles on a charge. Storm himself said on camera you could expect 20 to 25 miles range. That's a pretty honest estimate, I'm pretty sure I can do that. I'm not going to be riding it wfo the whole charge.

If you've ever seen professionals trying to get record gas mileage the numbers they get often are unbelievable to me. It's also common when motorcycle magazines publish quarter mile times for bikes they usually fail to mention a professional rider made the run. From my experience very few average riders will ever come anywhere close to their times.

Fatbike provides much greater rolling resistance. You need more juice to move the big rubbers.

That's simply not necessarily the case. That's just what people think. Here's some links of interest on the subject.

Attachments

• Rolling-Resistance-Conti_zps2994fe75.jpg
    Rolling-Resistance-Conti_zps2994fe75.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 386
  • nilgespressure1_zps4d698ff5.jpg
    nilgespressure1_zps4d698ff5.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 362
  • e_img_1162_1_zpsa17bab96.gif
    e_img_1162_1_zpsa17bab96.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 394
Ok. I bike regular hybrids, ebikes and fatbikes and know from personal experience that it takes much more energy to move a fatbike. Such little thing as lower pressure of my tires on Specialized Turbo has an effect on battery range

Ok. I bike regular hybrids, ebikes and fatbikes and know from personal experience that it takes much more energy to move a fatbike. Such little thing as lower pressure of my tires on Specialized Turbo has an effect on battery range

I know tread pattern, and tire pressure plays a huge role, and tire size too, but weight is a bigger factor. My Bomber has 3" Thick Bricks, and my pedal bicycle has 2.3 Kenda Kiniption tires. One bike weighs 116 lb, and my caddy AV Sport weighs 32 lbs. They both pedal reasonably well on level grade, but on hills all bets are off lol.

I'm just saying tread pattern, and tire pressure play a much bigger role than tire size alone.

Back