Satiator vs Luna Advanced charger

Nah, I know better.

Then why bring it up?

I agree that Luna isn't the friendliest company with which to deal, but since you're now working for a competitor, you're hardly the most objective person to weigh in on them - as evidenced by your recent attempt to disparage them for disclaimers on their web site functionality.

Arguing for a $350 versus an $85 charger is at best akin to arguing that someone should buy a $9,000 Reise and Muller eBike instead of a $2,200 Juiced eBike. We don't often do that here. It's great that there are both high quality and affordable cost charger options and we should celebrate that Luna offers something in between and unique.

So...looking at theLuna 36v 200w charger. That will work with the battery on my 36v Ecotric right? I just have to get an adaptor for the charging port I assume .

To continue beyond your ellipses:

"Luna Cycle LLC does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this site or the server that makes the site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Luna Cycle LLC does not make any warrantees or representations regarding the use of the materials in this site in terms of their correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. "

You're worried about a warranty on the web site now?

Looked pretty much intended to misinform. My first thought was how can they sell a product with a zero warenty so well laid out. Thank you for clarifying it's about their web site. Luna almost lost a sale on that one.

Then why bring it up?

I agree that Luna isn't the friendliest company with which to deal, but since you're now working for a competitor, you're hardly the most objective person to weigh in on them - as evidenced by your recent attempt to disparage them for disclaimers on their web site functionality.

Arguing for a $350 versus an $85 charger is at best akin to arguing that someone should buy a $9,000 Reise and Muller eBike instead of a $2,200 Juiced eBike. We don't often do that here. It's great that there are both high quality and affordable cost charger options and we should celebrate that Luna offers something in between and unique.
Good luck to you, i have had both and the luna charger I got was dead upon arrival. Sure I got a replacement but just have it around in case my satiator fails (highly unlikely). I would have preferred moneyback but that was not an option (something to consider)

As the saying goes, "you cant help those who dont want to be helped"

Lots of failures on the luna chargers both on their forums and endless sphere. Perhaps you should research this. I initially went down the luna charger path and now own a satiator and will never look back.

TJ and I dont agree on much but its a slam dunk on the luna chargers.

While Im at it, thanks TJ for being so verbose about boeshield. After one of your LONG post, I decided to try boeshield after 20+ years using tri-flow, boeshield it is from now on

FWIW, Im not a luna hater, I have a nice 52V pack from them that works great, probably the best available

Last edited:
My Luna charger is being returned. It is not compatible with Aventon's battery (48V). It charged the battery, and then turned off for 10 seconds, then on, then off, then on - the automatic shut-off is not working. It also charged the battery to 100% when the device was set to charge to 80%. Luna has not been helpful, and for some reason, before I return it, they want me to send them pictures of it (??). They seem peeved at me that their product is defective.

So far I think mine is working fine. It charges till full and then shuts off but will come back on for a couple seconds and then off again, and does that till unplugged.

So far I think mine is working fine. It charges till full and then shuts off but will come back on for a couple seconds and then off again, and does that till unplugged.
on, off, on, off, on, off indefinitely cannot be good for an electrical device that isn't designed to do that. And I'm not sitting around waiting for it to be fully charged so I can immediately unplug it (I want to charge it overnight), which is what Luna told me to do to "solve the problem." Faulty design, I'd say, at least for my Aventon 48V battery.

on, off, on, off, on, off indefinitely cannot be good for an electrical device that isn't designed to do that. And I'm not sitting around waiting for it to be fully charged so I can immediately unplug it (I want to charge it overnight), which is what Luna told me to do to "solve the problem." Faulty design, I'd say, at least for my Aventon 48V battery.
Unfortunately I was warned about their chargers, but thought they must have corrected any problems. I just did a chat and requested a phone call. I also saw your other post and responded to it.

TJ and I dont agree on much but its a slam dunk on the luna chargers.

While Im at it, thanks TJ for being so verbose about boeshield. After one of your LONG post, I decided to try boeshield after 20+ years using tri-flow, boeshield it is from now on

FWIW, Im not a luna hater, I have a nice 52V pack from them that works great, probably the best available
I get support calls daily from other resellers customers. We answer the phone and do have an iron clad warranty on most products.

3 calls today from China direct purchasers. We try to help but are now screening for actual customers who bought from us. I'm amazed by the sudden silence when I ask for an order number. My opinions are based on my experience selling and supporting kits since Dec. 2015. I've had batteries from several vendors, sold hundreds and have built kitted bikes using every style of motor. Opinionated? Yes, but only trying to be helpful!

I get support calls daily from other resellers customers. We answer the phone and do have an iron clad warranty on most products.

3 calls today from China direct purchasers. We try to help but are now screening for actual customers who bought from us. I'm amazed by the sudden silence when I ask for an order number. My opinions are based on my experience selling and supporting kits since Dec. 2015. I've had batteries from several vendors, sold hundreds and have built kitted bikes using every style of motor. Opinionated? Yes, but only trying to be helpful!
As an uniformed individual, who do you work for? I'm probably going to buy a Satiator. Oh, I tried to message you but could get to your profile.

Back