Saddle pressure, numbness, and maintaining sexual health at 59

Thanks for the advice... I do have a Thud-Buster seat post installed (which I love), but I am still dealing with that nagging Sit Bone pain. I was going to go to the bike shop today to try and get some advice on saddle selection. I agree with @Mr.Coffee, I spent 3 grand for my Bike and then bought a 160.00 Brookes saddle. I am not opposed to shelling out another 150.00, I just don't want to have to keep on doing it. I'll let you know what I find out.
A good bike fitter can help with everything related to bicycle ergonomics, including saddle choice.

Most bike salespeople know little about sizing, let alone fitting, and will happily let you walk out with an ill fitting bike.

A good bike fitter can help with everything related to bicycle ergonomics, including saddle choice.

Most bike salespeople know little about sizing, let alone fitting, and will happily let you walk out with an ill fitting bike.
I Went through a process today at the bike shop. they got me all measured up, and showed me the correct riding positions, seat height, seat angle, and arm length as it relates to my sitting and riding position. After all that, they strongly suggested (for me) a Selle Royal Saddle, that is compatible with my 60/deg riding angle. They told me to try it for 30 to 45 days and if it wasn't working for me, then they would give me another one to try or refund me the $$$$. So we will see how it goes.

I bought a no nose Schwinn seat to try the concept and its not bad for cruising. But, I prefer a short nose when riding the mountain bike. Its all about the fit. I got fitted at a LBS many years ago and the guy recommended a Women's Bontrager saddle, he was right. The shape fit me fairly well and it had the open center with a really short nose, very firm foam. The smaller seats with a short nose work for me and I'm a large 250 pound tall guy. Getting fitted for a bike saddle was worth the time. They had this machine with a pressure pad you sit on, measures your sit bones and main pressure points. As I got into better shape the saddle is less important now, but I still like a smaller seat with a short nose.

6Z
Will the Spiderflex seat fit/work OK with a Suntour NCX suspension seat post? I don't want to buy another suspension seat post just to fit the Spiderflex seat, unless I have too.
Tia

6Z
Will the Spiderflex seat fit/work OK with a Suntour NCX suspension seat post? I don't want to buy another suspension seat post just to fit the Spiderflex seat, unless I have too.
Tia
The Spiderflex uses the standard rail mount system found on most saddles. It should work fine with the Suntour.

1716124598250.png

I won't preach anymore. What you can see is an e-bike with a perfect fit to my body. The saddle height, its fore/aft position and the tilt (0 deg) have been thoroughly set by myself through "listening to my own body" and watching the leg power-meter on test rides. Same with the stem, same with the Innerbarends, and I have even optimized the crankarm length. I wore bibs with a thin layer of chamois. See the narrow, firm saddle.

I raced in a difficult terrain yesterday: 82 km/50 mi, 1,136 m/3,727 ft elevation gain, climbs up to 15.4% grade (20 climbs of more than 300 m length and over 3% grade). The terrain included a technical single track, good gravel, extreme descents with loose gravel and sand, steep ascents in deep sand, just name it. It was a very warm day.

During the whole ride, I never thought of my butt, arms, neck, hands or back. Free of any suffering, I could focus on safe riding, and that was a demanding race.

I can only sympathize with anyone who thinks they can find a comfortable saddle per se yet. I quit this discussion.

Last edited:
Yeah..., well maybe try riding on a smooth flat surface, with gentle slopes and curves, then tell me how you feel.😂🤣😂😅

Yeah..., well maybe try riding on a smooth flat surface, with gentle slopes and curves, then tell me how you feel.😂🤣😂😅
Oh no matter what he says... He'll be back again to tell you why he does it (everything) best 🙃

You see.... and it only took minutes.
Also note I'm on his "ignore list" but as you can see he follows my every word like a 14yr old girl on Facebook

One thing he neglected to mention is how often he rides with a dropper post and no saddle 👍

Last edited:
You see.... and it only took minutes.
Also note I'm on his "ignore list" but as you can see he follows my every word like a 14yr old girl on Facebook

One thing he neglected to mention is how much he rides with a dropper post and no saddle 👍

1716136320336.png

No throttle riders admitted.
You would kill yourself on that trail, Gionni :D
Ever won the gold in cycling?
5/18/24.

Perhaps. . .
But then again I have a life.
Unlike you that only has this website and a bicycle with 3 batteries ghost_pedal'd at >15wh/km 🙃

And I prefer you just sing it to me...

Last edited:
By the way... What happened to the 3rd place winner??? Did he take a spill?
There were 512 riders overall but only two e-bikers. The idea you should ride an e-bike on a single battery for 50 miles in steep hills was not convincing to many people :)
We will iron this out with the organizers the next time. (The organizers do not understand e-bikes very well).

Brief update here: I bought the SQ-Labs M602 saddle which I have been using for one month. The feeling is not bad, but you can slightly feel a pressure in the perineum zone, plus the nose is very long and hard, since it is lowered below the bumps where the sit-bones lie; should you slide towards, you would hit your jewels (happened on day 1 on a sudden break, to avoid a car collision.)
Not really satisfied.
I therefore had a long phone chat with the Sellotto inventor, who suggested for my case the Sellotto Mini model, which has 0% pressure on your jewels! Bravissimo! The saddle was mounted yesterday, and I was positively surprised, although it will requires some time to get a full perspective.
Will update ASAP.

Attachments

• 20240519_110400.jpg
    20240519_110400.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240519_110615.jpg
    20240519_110615.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
As an update, I have been trying this saddle out, so far,
less than a 50 miles on it,
IT WORKS, better than the Schwinn NO NOSE and the Cloud 9.
I am still adjusting the width/tilt and riding position length,
set at the center length now, to fit me.
The real test will be the better half........testing?
Ymmv

Last edited:
Back