saddle post suspension

Ingka

I'm looking for a affordable alternative to this one
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

It looks great, probably does the work fantastically but €350 is a bit overdone.
Who's can tip me an alternative in the 150-250€ price range for my ST-1 P48 ?
I'm looking for more comfort, especially while the road surfaces here in Belgium are not always very smooth and I need something to reduce or potentially diminish the impact on my back when doing 35-45 km/u.

many thanks, all the best from Antwerp, Belgium!

This is similar and has great reviews, interchangeable springs,.......... from german store,

Dag Inke , kijk eens hier :
http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/stear-tube-diameter-of-st2.3505/#post-41438
zelfde onderwerp , zoals hierboven de suntour is super
en :
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists) voor stromers in belgie

Hello Inke. please take a look here :
http://electricbikereview.com/community/threads/stear-tube-diameter-of-st2.3505/#post-41438
same subject, as mentioned above the suntour is performing perfectly for me
and
(Link Removed - No Longer Exists) for belgian stromers

thanks both ... I'll have a look on the Suntour SP12-NCX as suggested

@evident .. is that a BE plate you have fixed to your saddle post ? Where did you buy the gear to do it?
I'm getting the MOTO plate, which I don't really want to fix to the bike (too big). I'm thinking to take a picture and stick a waterproof photosticker to the rear fender.
Certainly not legal, but I don't think anybody cares, or .. ?

Hallo landgenoot , I(k heb) have the Suntour on my ST2 with light spring and neopreen cover from bike discount.
My advice
Great value for money but
Do some preventive maintenance befor installing the seatpost
I did it too late after the prescribed 500km and had some extensive wear on the brass
bushings. the maintenance consist to remove all shafts from the bushings and grease with quality grease
also the roller who is in contact with the springtube.
As working at a metal research center I did some measurements and after the grease action the wear
was only 5% after 1500km compared with the first 500km

Advice to Suntour: grease the bushings and roller at manufacture????

If some more about this see here

Last edited:
smart solution @evident. Unfortunately the Belgium DIV hasn't figured out how to make license plates fit to a bike (or moped for that mather) they are still handing out 15x21 cm, so nobody actually sticks them to their bikes ... (too big, too dangerous). I've ordered the Suntour NCX 12P as suggested from bike-discount for only 70€ incl Neoprene and extra spring, so I'll give it a go .. thanks Jack for the suggestion .. it's a bit on the edge, but if the Suntour doesn't work I'll give it a look .. didn't see the aluminium version yet

I have the aluminum seatpost version and so far it's been great. Hope the Suntour works out for you. They do make for a smoother ride that's for sure.

IMG_7768.jpg There's lots of options out there- I got a 15$ (cad) one from MEC (mec.ca) even if it's a piece of carp - they have a great return policy. I got a cheap saddle pad and it's go time. The best place for a stormer seat post....IMG_7769.JPG

I'm looking for a affordable alternative to this one

It looks great, probably does the work fantastically but €350 is a bit overdone.
Who's can tip me an alternative in the 150-250€ price range for my ST-1 P48 ?
I'm looking for more comfort, especially while the road surfaces here in Belgium are not always very smooth and I need something to reduce or potentially diminish the impact on my back when doing 35-45 km/u.

many thanks, all the best from Antwerp, Belgium!

Hi Ingka,

Check out the Aluminum Version it has the same mechanic the difference is it has a aluminum post instead of a carbon. The aluminum version costs only 229€

StromerV1-P48-BodyFloat-Alu-Seatpost.jpg

Back