My review of the 2020 Rize X

Anyone know if there's any 2020 Rise X's available anywhere in Canada? Apparently Rise themselves are out of stock.

I am taking delivery next week of rize X, has anyone increased the size of the front chainring to 44 or 46 teeth as the cadence might be too fast for me with the 42 teeth, also is it a 5 bolt chairing, also are the cables long enough in case I need to switch handlebars as I like a more upright riding position, 6' 32" inseam, Thanks

Cables are plenty long. I put a 1.5" riser on the stem, and installed a set of pulled back handlebars, no sweat. I have an Ultra so can't speak for the chain ring. I can say it's plenty fast enough for me as is.

I raised the adjustable stem higher and swapped the handlebars for the 6 in riser set from Juiced bikes. My front brake line was too short. I had to buy a brake line kit and fluid and lengthen the line but with some rearranging, all the other cables worked.

Hey guys, been a while I posted here!

I am now at more than 8k km done with my Rize X, been using it all seasons so far. Last year I've bought 2 new 19.2 Ah batteries from Rize to be able to run the bike for long distances at one time. Been a little more than a year I have them, and now two of those batteries are dead and the first one I had is able to run for about 15km. So I was able to run 120km at 50 km/h a year ago, now I'm down to about 15km total.

I've wrote to Rize and they told me they can't do anything because it's been more than a year I've bought the batteries. I've checked the fuse in the batteries, they look brand new. Do you guys know if there is anything I could do about that or if it's normal that the batteries lost power that quickly?

My girlfriend has the Leisure, 2 batteries, and they still both run for 80 km, like when they were new. We use both our battery sets the same way regarding the charging, handling and everything. She has rode more than me and is now at 12k km in a bit more than a year.

You can send them into a battery refurbisher, there is one posted in these forums.

I have heard you should always keep your battery between 80% and 20% charged.

I really hate that batteries are so hard to work on. I wish someone would invent one with swappable cells.

I'm left wondering about your charger and how you're using it. When you turn the bike on after charging, what are you seeing for voltage? Are you waiting for the charger to shut off at the end of it's charge?

I'm left wondering about your charger and how you're using it. When you turn the bike on after charging, what are you seeing for voltage? Are you waiting for the charger to shut off at the end of it's charge?
When I charge the bike, I didn't check the voltage, but the bike shows 100% for the battery. When I use the charger, I always wait for the charger to shut off indead, so is my girlfriend and her batteries have been used more than mine and are still perfect. The bike shows 100% for the battery, but then when it goes to let's say, 80%, it shut offs by itself ... :(

To troubleshoot, need to know the battery voltage, not in percent. Not sure your display is able to do that, but if not, you'll need to use a voltmeter. You're looking for a voltage just over 54 volts. Like 54.4 or maybe 54.6 when fully charged. Check all of your batteries for this bike to see if they are the same.

To troubleshoot, need to know the battery voltage, not in percent. Not sure your display is able to do that, but if not, you'll need to use a voltmeter. You're looking for a voltage just over 54 volts. Like 54.4 or maybe 54.6 when fully charged. Check all of your batteries for this bike to see if they are the same.
Ok, thanks ! And, once I see the voltage, if one of them is way under or different then I know that the battery is dead?

Anything is possible, but I'm really hesitant to tell you one of you batteries is dead. They generally go way longer than that unless they've been badly abused - not very likely. Way more likely something stupid is wrong. Just need to figure out what's going on....

Anything is possible, but I'm really hesitant to tell you one of you batteries is dead. They generally go way longer than that unless they've been badly abused - not very likely. Way more likely something stupid is wrong. Just need to figure out what's going on....
Nice, thanks for the tip I'll try to figure it out

Ok, thanks ! And, once I see the voltage, if one of them is way under or different then I know that the battery is dead?
Sometimes it's just one or two bad cells, and a battery shop or handy electronics enthusiast might be able to replace a dud.,..

Back