Rode our first ebikes/May need to cancel R1U

i was curious does your girlfriend like the R1 or the rad mini she rode better for a size etc.
Hi. Well, the bikes are still not fixed, as in they still make sounds, shift weird, etc. So we haven't got to ride much yet for her to REALLY get a good idea. I am following Kevin and Ryan's (from the R1U support team) guidelines to get them up to par, so we'll see. But I can tell you that so far my GF did say she likes the look, feel and comfort of the bike more than the Rad Mini ST we rented. So that made me happy to hear. She is just really upset how the bikes sound, especially as they are brand new. That doesn't mean if you order one that it will have the same issues though. And maybe even some of the sound is 'normal', to an extent; e.g. new brakes needing to be broken in. I know it can be a draining experience as there are a ton of bikes out there. It took me maybe 4-5 months to finally choose Ride1Up. I can't tell you yet that I am happy with my choice due to the issues mentioned above, or even just the fact the bikes need fixing before we can really even get to know them (aka ride them). But as for looks, fit, components, $1500 is not a bad deal. If you want something a little smaller for fit purposes, for a fat tire and for easy travel, then I would say look at Lectric XP and ST. They are 20" fat tire bikes that fold for only $900. I am still wanting one, to be honest, as I wanted a fat tire bike to begin with. So definitely do your research. Happy shopping, oh and Halloween. =)

Hi. Well, the bikes are still not fixed, as in they still make sounds, shift weird, etc. So we haven't got to ride much yet for her to REALLY get a good idea. I am following Kevin and Ryan's (from the R1U support team) guidelines to get them up to par, so we'll see. But I can tell you that so far my GF did say she likes the look, feel and comfort of the bike more than the Rad Mini ST we rented. So that made me happy to hear. She is just really upset how the bikes sound, especially as they are brand new. That doesn't mean if you order one that it will have the same issues though. And maybe even some of the sound is 'normal', to an extent; e.g. new brakes needing to be broken in. I know it can be a draining experience as there are a ton of bikes out there. It took me maybe 4-5 months to finally choose Ride1Up. I can't tell you yet that I am happy with my choice due to the issues mentioned above, or even just the fact the bikes need fixing before we can really even get to know them (aka ride them). But as for looks, fit, components, $1500 is not a bad deal. If you want something a little smaller for fit purposes, for a fat tire and for easy travel, then I would say look at Lectric XP and ST. They are 20" fat tire bikes that fold for only $900. I am still wanting one, to be honest, as I wanted a fat tire bike to begin with. So definitely do your research. Happy shopping, oh and Halloween. =)
Thanks so much and happy Halloween. First I want to say that I like how even with the issues you are not negative ! I love positive people.
Well I have been researching for about a month. I want all terrain even if I only ride on trails 10 percent of the time.
Money wise and vale I ended up with rad.
The 700 just didn’t have the tires I think that was it. I look at so many bikes I can’t remeber I I knocked some out.
So you remeber why you ended up with this one as your choice vs the rad rover for example.

i definately like the look better !

Hope Ride1up fixes your problem soon. I am no bike mechanic. Sound on video while pedaling sounded like the cassette to me. I don't think they are very expensive. The sound on the other bike definitely sounded like someting rubbing, probably brakes. I might change out the brake pads (sometimes they get contaiminated), readjust and clean and double check the brake rotar to make sure it is not bent or warped. I would double check the wheel and fendar to make sure they are installed properly and nothing is loose or rubbing.

I think a better comparison would have been the RadCity to the 700. The words , apples and oranges to come to mind.

I actually cancelled my RadRunner1 order yesterday and went back to what I was researching earlier during my e-bike research endeavors. I ordered the 700 yesterday.
I liked what I heard about the Ride1Up organization and their after sales support and obviously their prices. If that latter wasn’t applicable, then I would have probably gone for an EBC model R or S. But being my first e-bike I’d like to know how much I’ll be using it. No point spending more than needed when it won’t be getting much road time. That’s my own school of thought for myself.

Back