Rize September 2020 Delivery Input and Updates

wow - Same here about the payment request. Received a 3am email requesting balance of payment for my Rize RX.
My original order was placed July 23rd.
Just paid the remaining balance this afternoon. Waiting now on final confirmations and shipping info. (i hope)

Bill

I received my 3AM email this morning for balance of payment for my Rize. The order was placed on Sept 2nd. Shouldn't be long now......

Just out of curiosity, where do you folks live & ride? I'm in 'burbs of Philly, near West Chester, PA. This will be my first e-bike.

I live in Burlington Ontario, so lots of routes and trails along the western end of Lake Ontario. Hopefully the bike arrives in time to view the full splendour of the fall colours. Although I've ridden e-bikes before, this will be the first one that I own.

Received an email at 5am this fine Sunday morning to pay the Balance on my Rize RX order....promptly paid it within a few minutes.
I placed my order on August 20th. I live in the USA.

This will be my first ebike. Live in the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina. Good weather generally with consistent riding temps from March-thru-November and occasionally days in the Dec-Feb timeframe. As mentioned in the opening post, will be using the ebike for travel to the tennis courts 2+ miles in either direction when playing daytime tennis.
There are some great greenways (city/county maintained trails) consisting of paved, gravel and wood trails covering a considerable amount of space here in Wake county. My wife and I will likely ride the trails once very couple weeks for a change of pace.

Joined the group of impatient riders waiting for their new bike this evening with the order of a shiny silver RX Pro. By way of introduction this will be my 4th e-bike. The first 2 previous were kit builds, the one I'm still on is a very modified Rad City that was repowered with a 1000w+ MAC 12t geared hub torque monster. LOVE this bike, but I wanted to try a "fatty" and the RX Pro checked all the boxes. We see some soft sugar sand on the trails occasionally, but the bigger reason is about ride (I'm an active 70, 6'2" 300lbs). Street tires already on order to replace the knobby noise makers. Probably should be noted I'm an accomplished DIY'er who is not shy about making mods of all sorts. This will include programming the Bafang Ultra software. That's something I'm looking forward to. -Al

Confession time. While I wait for my RX to arrive, I've been busy ordering bike stuff:

60lb. bike work stand (RX weighs 64lb. w/battery) - Solid & well built - Can recommend! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMN8BM3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Bike-repair tool kit

Rock Bros. rack bag

Waterproof panniers

Top tube bag for phone/keys

Folding lock

Electric horn

Plug style mirror

Besides innertubes, what else am I missing, and what are you guys buying in anticipation of your bike?

Excellent post Kevin8tor,
What Pannier did you get?

Here are the items I picked up in the past 2 months:

• Park Tool needle nose pliers and some Park bicycle grease
  • Gorilla Force Bike Tire levers
  • Kryptonite bike lock
  • QuadlockCase Phone mount
  • Pro Bike tool 3/8 torque wrench set
  • Pro Bike tool 1/4 torque wrench set
  • Giro Fixture MIPS helmet
  • Harkin Hoist Jeep Wrangler 4-Point ceiling hoist
    • Figure when the Jeep hard-top is not against the ceiling I can us the hoist to raise up the bike for some quick work.

Still researching:
  • Panniers
    • Need some big enough to hold 2 Tennis racquets, balls, towel and fluids
  • Side Mirror(s)

• Kryptonite bike lock
    • Figure when the Jeep hard-top is not against the ceiling I can us the hoist to raise up the bike for some quick work.

Still researching:
  • Panniers
  • Side Mirror(s)
I had, and it seems a lifetime ago, a Bolton Foxbat on order, which I ultimately canceled. Bolton sells a camo-print, denier nylon set for $99, and that was my first anticipatory purchase. They don't look very substantial, so I will reserve final judgment until I've had the opportunity to put them to use.

Confession time. While I wait for my RX to arrive, I've been busy ordering bike stuff:

60lb. bike work stand (RX weighs 64lb. w/battery) - Solid & well built - Can recommend! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMN8BM3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Bike-repair tool kit

Rock Bros. rack bag

Waterproof panniers

Top tube bag for phone/keys

Folding lock

Electric horn

Plug style mirror

Besides innertubes, what else am I missing, and what are you guys buying in anticipation of your bike?

Great list. I pre-ordered the RX Pro black for November. The sound of the electric horn is awful. The old manual I think are best suited as when people hear that 'ring ring' they instinctively know that it's a bike.

Items not on on your list I am considering.

• Second Battery for Long Rides and Trigger Happy Throttle Rides. I need to find a source for this as Rize wants $750 US for a second battery.
• Electric Bike Pump that can set to desired PSI

• Kryptonite bike lock

Still researching:
  • Panniers
  • Side Mirror(s)
WildWillie - I'm adding to my list already - ProBike Torque Wrench Set(s). Thanks for sharing yours.

Well, thought I would take a shot so I emailed Rize today inquiring about shipment.
Received a response in a reasonable amount of time.

Here is the response, minis some boiler-plate about shipping delays due to COVID.
-------
Thank you for reaching out to us!

Our September shipment has been processed through customs and our bikes are being transferred to our warehouse in British Columbia. Starting from next week (the week of the 28th September 2020), each one of the bikes we received will be scanned and ground shipped to each customer.

When your bike arrives at the courier distribution facility, you will receive an email containing tracking information. This information will let you track your bike all the way to your delivery address and will give you an estimated date of arrival.

Back