Rize September 2020 Delivery Input and Updates

Hello fellow Rize pre-order forum members. We actually developed a few folks in the 'known issues and problem' thread saying they are 'in' for a September delivery. I thought we could move the conversations around what we ordered, the hope and concerns around the bikes and any word on shipping estimates into this thread and keep the 'issues' thread clear for just that, issues. :)

I will start:

Ordered my Rize RX (not the pro) late July. Hoping for a September delivery but I have no clue if that will be mid-September or late.
Some issues noted, but overall still committed to the order due to the specific combination of components and price that made Rize initially very attractive to me as I looked around, endlessly.

Me - I have ridden bikes for a few years, but primarily play tennis for my exercise. I purchased the Rize RX to help me get to my tennis matches. :) So, I will be equipping mine with a mount for my phone and a pannier to carry my racket and tennis stuff.

Tools - Prep'd a bit by buying a few new tools/toys to help with bike adjustments like some hex tools, a few park tools and a torque wrench from bike pro's or something like that. For the phone, I am going to order the quad lock - A bit pricey but then again it is a multi-hundred $$ phone. :) It is from quadlockcase company. Good reviews on that from Seth at Seths Bike Hacks on Youtube. A really good channel in you have time to watch crazy mountain bikers build, ride and review equipment.

So - Maybe others will chime in on what they ordered, any concerns or ideas, shipping rumors and gear. :)

ENJOY!

Hey Bill , good idea , I called Rize July 23 and talked to the infamous Mark and he assured me that the September delivery would be early September but I'm sure that's what he told the Aug people and I see some have not received their bike yet either , I'm hoping early September since that is getting close to the end of the bike riding season and would like to get some riding in before it gets to cold here in Windsor , thanks for starting this thread I will advise as soon as I get mine in September.

Thanks Bill

Hi All,

Kevin here. Ordered RX Pro in early August & already changed to RX because I don't want 4" tires for very limited, if any, trail riding. Spoke to Rize to switch and was told to plan for late September shipping, based on how the August batch is moving. I live and ride in the suburban Philadelphia area.

I currently road ride semi-regularly on a Giant FCR3, which is nothing special, but keeps me fit. I'm looking to commute my 8 mile, hilly, round-trip to work in all but the snottiest of weather, and get there not needing a shower.

Bill- I think the Quadlock system is great. I currently use one of those spring-loaded, X-style clamps to ram mount my Note+ on my motorcycles and bikes, but I hit some rumble strips on my bicycle and my phone jumped right out of the cradle....Yikes! The Quadlock is my next purchase to ensure that never happens again.

Hi All,

Gary Here. I had an email exchange with Jason on Aug. 17th...I thought I would share it. I did order the RX a few days later.

Hello Gary,

Yes, we currently have the RX coming in September, still available in Black, Red, or Silver:

We don't have exact shipping dates yet, but we do know it will be in the later half of September.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you,
Jason
Rize Bikes Team

Anyone heard if the August bikes have shipped from Rize? I know ours are in September, but given the delays mounting across the board I was thinking we might still have a chance for September delivery if the August bikes ship in you know, August.

I admit, a guy in FL was selling a Frey CC via Facebook and I was tempted enough to ping him a week ago, but no reply.

Placed on July 14, 2020 for City bike... I was told Aug 24.... then got a phone call Aug 26 apologies then it will arrive Thursday Aug 27 .... nope got another call Thursday late afternoon “so sorry we had courier issues.. so it will be delivered Friday” ..... NOPE got another call 3pm that “they were told in the morning that no bike will be delivered” Grrrrrrr. Wasted days waiting for a courier delivery! Oh it will be delivered on MONDAY 31.... I will believe it when I see it.

Anyone know the address of Where they are shipped from? Perhaps picking it up in person is a better option for those in the Lower Mainland.

Well I feel for ya , anyway gentleman nice meeting everyone I was a September delivery customer and it looks like late September at the very best unacceptable along with many other issues with this company so as of yesterday Friday the 28th I cancelled my order , so good luck to everyone your going to need it.

Cheers Bill

order mid July leisure and leisure ST, one tracking number is showing Thursday Sept 3, original delivery was Monday Aug 31.
no idea what is going on with the second tracking number, shows not picked up yet.

Well I feel for ya , anyway gentleman nice meeting everyone I was a September delivery customer and it looks like late September at the very best unacceptable along with many other issues with this company so as of yesterday Friday the 28th I cancelled my order , so good luck to everyone your going to need it.

Cheers Bill
What are you moving to? I see the Juiced Crosscurrent X's are in-stock, ready to ship & on sale, but they are hub-drive, and I want mid-drive w/the extra power. Sticking w/my Sept. RX order for now, but very, very shakily.

Actually I'm going with a Specialized Como middrive at a local bike shop a little more money but at least if anything goes wrong just go back to the shop so I really got to thank Rize Bikes for leading me down the right path cheers gentleman

Bill

Well Brian and Ransil, hope you get your bikes next week. I am going to stick it out. At least here in NC I can ride most of the year and I will be OK to wait. Love to hear more when/if you get yours.

Best of luck Bill/wdforty. Specialized makes some good bikes.

Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to chime in with my experience with ordering. My partner and I pre-ordered ($200 deposit for each bike) in June knowing that the bikes (Rize and Rize City, both the upgraded models) wouldn't ship until August. I was hoping it would ship August 1st but they shipped late August and we received our bikes on August 27th, so they did ship within the specified timeframe.

I'm planning on writing an "initial thoughts" review and touch on some points that haven't been discussed before, but overall I'm pleased with the purchase. I hope everyone gets their bikes soon!

Well Brian and Ransil, hope you get your bikes next week. I am going to stick it out. At least here in NC I can ride most of the year and I will be OK to wait. Love to hear more when/if you get yours.

Best of luck Bill/wdforty. Specialized makes some good bikes.
Well it arrived Today Tuesday Sept. Quick unboxing and install the wheel, handle bars and pedals approx 30 - 60 minutes before pedalling around without the battery to seat the brake pads in gently. Yes there is some front brake noise ... so will see after a few KM how it goes.

Unboxing City Bike

Received the Leisure ST yesterday, no show on the Leisure, called Rize and they said its still sitting there cause FEDEX is backed up.
so it did not ship n August, they say it will go out this week.

Assembly was about 30 minutes, first ride at 32 minutes.
Wife came home from work and I had it already broken in for her, she was a little intimidated from its size ( she is a casual bike rider)but figured it out pretty quick.
if its not raining today she will put some miles on it as I try to keep up on my analog bike.

Last edited:
FWIW: Rize has a banner on the top of their homepage stating that September preorders are anticipated to be shipped by end of September.

When did you place your order? I have an order pending for a Rize, order placed on Sept 2, expecting shipment by the end of the month.

Back