Rize RX valves

ThompsonRH

Region
Canada
My Rize RX is on order but won’t see it until September. I was under the illusion that the RIZE RX 2021 had tubeless tires, maybe simply because the marketing pictures don’t show any valves. But looking at a few videos of the RX 2020, I can see that’s not the case. So I‘m wondering what valves the tubes have. The tires are Premium MTB Kenda Nevegal X 27.5" x 2.30" & according to the Kenda site, the Nevegal X Pro is tubeless. No mention of the Nevegal X. My current regular hybrid bike has presta values but it looks as though the older RX 2020 has American type valves so my old hand pump just became obsolete. Could some help with what type of valves please?

Thanks Kevin, I was thinking of getting a floor standing pump because I am getting the impression good tire pressure is fairly important for a smooth ride and battery energy conservation.

I’ve always hand pumped the tyres til the felt right but with the wide tires on the RIZE RX, I understand you can add quite a lot of extra drag by incorrect inflation. I’m going for the convenience of a food pump with built in gauge, you can get them for $20 in Canadian Tire.

I have a 2020 RX and it has Schrader valves. I keep it inflated between 40 & 50 psi. I rarely have to add air. I had my first flat the other day after 2200+ miles fortunately, I made it home and didn't have to use a hand pump.

I’ve always hand pumped the tyres til the felt right but with the wide tires on the RIZE RX, I understand you can add quite a lot of extra drag by incorrect inflation. I’m going for the convenience of a food pump with built in gauge, you can get them for $20 in Canadian Tire.
Mini foot pumps are great! They weigh and cost the same as a hand pump but are much easier to use!

I thought the advertising said "Tubeless Ready" for the RX/RX Pro? I would be shocked to see a fully built tubeless tire in that price bracket. A tubeless setup is only as good as the final assembly and inflation, and since most of these bikes are mail order, Rize can't control the final build and inflation by self assemblers.

So, does anyone know if the 2022 Rize RX comes with "tubeless ready" rims? Or, for that matter, the make and model of the rim itself? Thanks in advance, RX owners.

Back