Ripcurrent Throttle and Pedal Assist cutting out at 51v

RipcurrentDude93

Region
USA
I have this issue with my 2021 Juiced Ripcurrent where when I press the throttle it just sends a slight pulse to the rear hub. That or it’ll go a few feet and then start sending slight pulses (not enough to turn the wheel) to the rear wheel. I disconnected the brake sensors and the torque censor as a process of elimination for what could be wrong and the issue was still there. I checked the pins for all the connectors and they appear fine. However, since I originally got the bike there has been some very weird glitchy looking text for the advanced info mode on the display (when you hold power and plus button).

Is this me having to buy a new controller or is it the hub? Because the hub works fine for miles on end. It’s just when it gets to about half battery that everything goes haywire. If anyone knows what is going on and has an estimate on what the cost is to repair I’d appreciate it; thanks!

I have this issue with my 2021 Juiced Ripcurrent where when I press the throttle it just sends a slight pulse to the rear hub. That or it’ll go a few feet and then start sending slight pulses (not enough to turn the wheel) to the rear wheel. I disconnected the brake sensors and the torque censor as a process of elimination for what could be wrong and the issue was still there. I checked the pins for all the connectors and they appear fine. However, since I originally got the bike there has been some very weird glitchy looking text for the advanced info mode on the display (when you hold power and plus button).

Is this me having to buy a new controller or is it the hub? Because the hub works fine for miles on end. It’s just when it gets to about half battery that everything goes haywire. If anyone knows what is going on and has an estimate on what the cost is to repair I’d appreciate it; thanks!
Hey RipCurrentDude! I've have something I'm sure you've likely already tried but here goes. When I received my RipCurrent S new in Dec 2019, I put it together according to their online vid's (which were for a different model altogether). So that entailed unpackaging it and mounting the Front wheel and Horn, Light etc. Pretty simple. I charged the Batt, mounted it to the bike and everything worked except the Drive Motor with a slight exception. The "Walk Mode" worked when you would hold down the lower "mode select" momentary button. It's a pain to use this feature because it's very awkward to continue to press that button. I think it would be useful for a staircase, but not for much else.
Anyways, the Throttle and/or the Pedal Assist would not activate the Drive Motor after turning on the bike, but the walk mode did, so the Motor was getting voltage and working, just not from the Throttle or Pedal Assist. I contacted Juiced Tech Support and they suggested everything you've already done . . . but, none of it worked. I finally found, after a couple of days of tinkering, that the Display Interface, right next to the Throttle, was rotated into the Throttle "push" button causing it to be "ON", or at the lowest throttle setting. The Bike will not initialize and allow power to the Drive Motor unless the Throttle is Fully Off when the bike is first turned on. I rotated the Display away from the Throttle button which allowed it to rest on it's OFF stop position. Re-started the bike and suddenly the Motor worked as advertised.
Juiced didn't know to check that. It's likely the Display Interface was accidently rotated into the throttle button during shipment or unpacking. None the less, I hope it's a simple fix for you as well!
Happy Trails, bw

Hey RipCurrentDude! I've have something I'm sure you've likely already tried but here goes. When I received my RipCurrent S new in Dec 2019, I put it together according to their online vid's (which were for a different model altogether). So that entailed unpackaging it and mounting the Front wheel and Horn, Light etc. Pretty simple. I charged the Batt, mounted it to the bike and everything worked except the Drive Motor with a slight exception. The "Walk Mode" worked when you would hold down the lower "mode select" momentary button. It's a pain to use this feature because it's very awkward to continue to press that button. I think it would be useful for a staircase, but not for much else.
Anyways, the Throttle and/or the Pedal Assist would not activate the Drive Motor after turning on the bike, but the walk mode did, so the Motor was getting voltage and working, just not from the Throttle or Pedal Assist. I contacted Juiced Tech Support and they suggested everything you've already done . . . but, none of it worked. I finally found, after a couple of days of tinkering, that the Display Interface, right next to the Throttle, was rotated into the Throttle "push" button causing it to be "ON", or at the lowest throttle setting. The Bike will not initialize and allow power to the Drive Motor unless the Throttle is Fully Off when the bike is first turned on. I rotated the Display away from the Throttle button which allowed it to rest on it's OFF stop position. Re-started the bike and suddenly the Motor worked as advertised.
Juiced didn't know to check that. It's likely the Display Interface was accidently rotated into the throttle button during shipment or unpacking. None the less, I hope it's a simple fix for you as well!
Happy Trails, bw
I wish this was the fix but it’s not. I heard there’s a magnet in the throttle so I’ve already spaced it out away from the display by an inch and rotated the brake lever away as to not interfere with the magnet inside the throttle. I’m gonna try just using the pedal assist to see if that works with no throttle connected. But in the past it hasn’t unfortunately…

Here is an image of the glitchy display I was mentioning. It’s around this point it starts having issues. It’ll only work if the bike is set the NDW 1, pedal assist 0, disconnect the torque sensor, enable the torque sensor, and I just use the throttle.
8E1EBE5C-A2A2-40C8-BDE7-06BA0687A09C.jpeg

I wish this was the fix but it’s not. I heard there’s a magnet in the throttle so I’ve already spaced it out away from the display by an inch and rotated the brake lever away as to not interfere with the magnet inside the throttle. I’m gonna try just using the pedal assist to see if that works with no throttle connected. But in the past it hasn’t unfortunately…
Bummer Dude : / I re-read your original post and, if it were me, I'd op't for a Throttle replacement before trying a new Display/Interface. It's a $20 gamble but it's a cheaper part with moving parts vs a new LCD Display and is more likely tto fail due to the moving component of it's design. Here's a linq https://www.juicedbikes.com/products/throttle?variant=7408177020951
That said you may be able to get a Tech on the phone at Juiced; 888-303-8889.
That said, I have already purchased a new Display/Interface as mine is acting up but still works fine. The second page used for programming & Data info has "corrupted" in a couple of spots on the display, making it difficult to read, I don't use the second page and haven't had a need to replace it yet, but have a spare just in case. The Display/Interface is a "Plug-n-Play" device to R&R as long as the power is off. It's a more expensive part than the Throttle and I'd call Juiced before going there. Good Luck & Happy Trails !
bw

Happy Trails, bw
So you moved the display away from the throttle? Let’s say a 1/4 inch?

Back