ZeroPointM

Purchase date 7-18-2018
Delivery date 8/14/1

RipCurrent S (750 Watts) / Aug '18 delivery Black / XL / 20" [Fits 6'0" to 6'4"] / 48 V / 19.2 Ah / $2,099 52 V / 19.2 Ah / $2,399

I have uploaded photos of the unboxing here. Busy week at work so I will post updates as time allows, but so far everything has gone really well.

I have a professional bike tool kit on hand, but used the included tools to keep it close to a regular build with an everyday user. Lets say it was a challenge at first, the tools are fine but cheap which is expected and keeps cost down. I did go over the bike once more and checked everything with a few specialty tools most people wont have, and using common sense anyone could build this bike without issue.

I will post more on my impressions of my first few weeks, the bike is mostly sitting now as I am waiting on some asscsores to get it commuting ready.

General info:
I am a tall guy so waiting tell the XL frame was in stock was hard, but worth it though it is a stand out the size is just right. Still wasn't able to get the 52v battery option, I will be reaching out to Juiced Bikes about switching out the 48v/19.2Ah for a 52v if it comes in stock. See UPDATE 2

During the purchase I used the checkout with PayPal, great to see several payment options. This was to split the purchase between cash(in PayPal balance) and a credit card that gets cash back.

I did have to make a correction to the shipping address do to recent road changes, though it was early enough I don't believe it will effect shipping time at all.

Something to note I have training building regular bikes for a large company. During the unboxing/ building phase hopefully this can help me provide extra insight about issues or ideas. If this goes as planned I should be able to provide detailed pictures and videos on the experience.

UPDATE 1:
Hi there ---,

Thank you for contacting us, we will be happy to provide you with an update.
The shipment containing your order is estimated to arrive the week of August 8th. The bikes will then be inspected and shipped on a first in first out basis. We don't have an exact shipping date available quite yet, but an estimate would be mid to late August.
Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or concerns and we will be happy to help.

Best Regards,
-Juiced Bikes

Juiced Bikes Service & Support

UPDATE 2:

Rich from sales support was able to process the battery upgrade to a 52v version, on August 7th over email. It was relatively easy an invoice for the extra cost ($300) was sent out, and I paid it a few minutes later. This price does not include a Cycle Satiator, only a basic 2 amp charger.

UPDATE 3:

The bike is now with UPS and on its way, and will be shipping as ground freight requiring a signature. I wont be able to sign for the bike myself but have arranged for someone to be here and take deliver. If this goes well I should be able to post updates within the next week on the building and first impressions.

Last edited:
Back